debdeb11
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by debdeb11 on Nov 22, 10 8:54 PM
So am I to assume at this point that ERS Game Studios is not intending on providing any fix for their corrupted game file issues??

Dochilda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by Dochilda on Nov 27, 10 9:01 PM
In Ch 1 after finishing the Clock gears, I didn't go directly in the path (as per the strategy guide). Now I have the tile, but I cannot get into the room to play the tile puzzle. I try not to use a strategy guide unless I'm completely stuck. Now I'm stuck . . . but unfortunately the game has ended for me. It'd be nice if there were more ways around the maze.

I read the strategy guide to see why I was stuck see p. 18. It just so happened that I had stopped playing for the night. I'm not sure whether it's because I exited the game, or because I had not followed the path. Either way, I am hosed, because I cannot progress in the game further from the looks of the strategy guide since everything else hinges on what is behind the tile puzzle door.

This is the same thing that happened to me in the Redeption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven, where I had to start all the way over with a new player name.

So, it appears at certain key points in a game if a player doesn't follow the guide path then the game no longer progresses. Maybe this is just the "name of the game." But it would be nice to have a back up so to speak, especially if the player is at the end (such as my experience wth Curse of the Raven).

[Post New]by Astra001 on Dec 6, 10 7:38 AM
I have got to the fountain but the hidden object game won't load

[Post New]by DetLisa on Dec 19, 10 2:49 PM
It freezes...It usually waits until I am more than half-way into the game. Then of course, my file gets corrupted and I have to start over again. Too bad...otherwise it would be an awesome game. Any chance of this problem getting fixed?...I would hate to have to delete it.

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by jobeee on Jan 9, 11 9:25 AM
BNBSCHRACK wrote:Ok I'm having a problem picking up the leather strap to attach to the fretsaw blade. I get the hand icon..but no matter where I click it wont pick it up. I have enjoyed the game so far, but I find this problem rather annoying and makes me want to ditch the game...anyone else having problems with this area?

I am having this problem also... Did you manage to get it sorted anyhow? Its the first game I have purchased and won't be getting anymore if I can't complete the game! How frustrating...

triercl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by triercl on May 4, 11 7:36 PM
I downloaded the trial version, then bought it - it has been downloading for over an hour and is still at only 20 % - this is not the first collectors edition that takes hours to download - whats the deal? I have a brand new laptop and don;t have any problems downloading other things or games

[Post New]by newbostonbabe on Jun 9, 12 10:33 PM
I am having trouble getting the tile thing to open in chapter one.

[Post New]by olep63 on Aug 12, 12 12:20 PM
Anyone got the xml file required just before starting the bonus game?

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Aug 12, 12 2:10 PM
Hi olep63,

That is very strange. It shouldn't be asking you for an xml file so I might try uninstalling and reinstalling the game if you haven't already. If you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do that.

However, if you try that and it's still giving you that error I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team and one of our reps would be happy to take a closer look with you.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

tetrouge
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by tetrouge on Sep 27, 12 10:36 AM
So far I have been lucky, now at the darn telescope, SG says to swap lenses but they will not swap. Anyone out there have a suggestion?

[Post New]by olegausany on Dec 9, 12 12:14 PM
I have the following strange problem. According to page 47 of strategy guide, right after we done with the globe in the library, we should look at the right book case to find the HINTS book and complete book arrangement puzzle in order to open the door and continue with the game but no matter how long i look on the right or left side of book cases the eye don't show up. The eye only shows up near the door we need to open or near globe we already opened or near the skeleton. Any help?

Go to: