Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 3, 10 12:39 AM
Downloading it, if it's as good as Twice in a Blue Moon, it's going to be a buy for me. Read that a walkthrough was included, that's great, thanks to the producers of the game, and at 6.99 too. Some people do realise we are not all members of the Rockefeller family. Still, I've already prepared my magnifying glass as some objects were really tiny in the previous one...

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies

[Post New]by aliclarke on Oct 3, 10 3:03 AM
Duplicated & nothing works. Screwdriver on fence in mechanics garage does not work - same for the light box. Gave up - boring.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Oct 3, 10 7:33 AM
silverink wrote:This game was excellent in every way! By far the best of the series - the developers are really on the right track in terms of improvements made over the first three games (which were good, but not of the same quality as this one). The graphics were great, the game play was smooth and the tasks fit the story - also the length was good. Most notably, the story itself was very intriguing and the voice acting was wonderful. The game even had CE type extras. Loved everything about this one!

Totally agree. Just played it for the second time. Brill.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Oct 3, 10 8:35 AM
Woofie53 wrote:
sinshack wrote:Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! One of my favorite series, and the artwork gets better every time. Very photo-realistic, not dark (as in "can't see anything" dark), and the usual great characters.

Widescreen users will be happy that there is an option for either fullscreen or widescreen, separate controls for music, ambient sound, voices. It's the middle of the night here, and the kids are sleeping, so I had the sound off. Sorry, can't give any comments on the sound other than the choices.

Best part: Built-in strategy guide!!! Very detailed, very useful, and it doesn't go back to an index when you close it, it stays at whatever page you left it on. I used it a few times because I wanted to get as far as I could into the game before the trial expired. It's right there "up front" on the screen as you play - the ""Help" button acts as a hint button while you are in the hidden object screens, and when you are not in those scenes it opens the strategy guide.

Gameplay is much like the other games in the Women's Murder Club series, but I must say that they do make improvements every time. You start out as Clair, the ME, and her lab tests (presented like mini-games) are more realistic than previous games. The only annoying mini-game I've come across so far is a paint mixing one, and I'm sorry to say I forgot to look to see if there was a skip button - I just kept plugging away at it until I got it right.

I really, really want to buy this game, but I'll have to wait a few days. I had thought that the Twisted Lands CE started a new punchcard, but I had forgotten about the one-day sale - and I bought 4 games that day, my entire backlog of "probably buy them" games, so instead of having 2 punches on a new card, I completed another card. Now I can either start a whole new car - with only 5 days left in the month and a less-than-zero chance that every one of them will be my favorite HOG genre - or steel my nerves and actually WAIT 6 days and purchase this on Friday. Yeah, like THAT'S going to happen, but I'll at least wait until it's actually morning here before I make that decision.

(edited because I forgot what day today is - I orignally said the kids had to get up for school in an hour, but it's Saturday!)

Just like the Windex commercial huh? Where the mom cleans the windows in the boys' bedroom huh? lol

'Zackly what I was thinking...too funny.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Oct 3, 10 9:48 AM
Linda_in_Aussie wrote:I'm not sure that I like the inbuilt strategy guide. Loving the challenge and frustrated that I can't work out most things myself. Seems essential to rely on the strategy guide to get from Point A to B, etc. because I wouldn't have a clue that the item I need is in another part of the game. Maybe I'm not cut out to be a detective - no patience...

But the clear graphics, music and conversations are great - faultless in fact. Most items are just hard enough to find and like it that there are no penalties for clicking too much.

Have bought it with no regrets. I'm finding it mentally exhausting (but stimulating) that I can only play it for half an hour or so and then need to have a break. That makes the game good value.

As I'm not a fan of games with graveyards, ghosts and dark goulish scenes - which most games seem to be - it's a pleasant change.

The developers have done well.

Good Comment,
-However, I'm rather proficient in dealing with ghosts/ghouls from all walks of life(death), AND finding Grandpas who have warped into another dimension!
Skill-sets that I just know will have many uses! (tee-hehe).

But, So Far... I'm Loving This Game!
* Pleasant Change (to have a good MURDER game to play);
* It is nice playing something other than the graveyard scenario; and
* I think we all need therapy.......sigh

Edited on 12/03/2010 at 11:08:22 PM PST

Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by 8984481 on Oct 3, 10 10:21 AM
peglegann wrote:A walkthrough integrated into an SE?! Brilliant, thank you developers and BF.
I TOTALLY agree w/peglegann Great game WITH built in stratagy.
BUT.....I still cannot get the flyer under door of lighthouse. can anyone out there please help me PLEASE

Keep up the good work BF

Karen47
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies

[Post New]by Karen47 on Oct 3, 10 7:18 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies ? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by Linda_in_Aussie on Oct 3, 10 7:20 PM
Carole22759 wrote:
Linda_in_Aussie wrote:I'm not sure that I like the inbuilt strategy guide. Loving the challenge and frustrated that I can't work out most things myself. Seems essential to rely on the strategy guide to get from Point A to B, etc. because I wouldn't have a clue that the item I need is in another part of the game. Maybe I'm not cut out to be a detective - no patience...

But the clear graphics, music and conversations are great - faultless in fact. Most items are just hard enough to find and like it that there are no penalties for clicking too much.

Have bought it with no regrets. I'm finding it mentally exhausting (but stimulating) that I can only play it for half an hour or so and then need to have a break. That makes the game good value.

As I'm not a fan of games with graveyards, ghosts and dark goulish scenes - which most games seem to be - it's a pleasant change.

Good Comment,
-However, I'm rather proficient in dealing with ghosts/ghouls from all walks of life(death), AND finding Grandpas who have warped into another dimension!

Linda_In_Aussie- Pardon my sarcasm, no malice intended

No sarcasm taken - just a big LOL

Edited on 10/03/2010 at 7:21:58 PM PST

Karen47
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Karen47 on Oct 3, 10 7:21 PM
Carole22759 wrote:

Good Comment,

Karen47
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies

[Post New]by Karen47 on Oct 3, 10 7:23 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies ? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Karen47
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Karen47 on Oct 3, 10 7:28 PM
Carole22759 wrote:

Good Comment,

Karen47
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Karen47 on Oct 3, 10 7:41 PM
I just finished the game and it was the first one in the series that I have worked. I really had problems with the control of the cursor. The graphics and story were good, but the frustration of trying for 2 hours to put water in a barrel and starting the game over again and getting to the same problem in the square was frustrating. I don't thing I've worked a game that was quite as picky about just how close the cursor was to the area required to get the results needed. I'm used to taking off and trying to work a puzzle without help, but I'm very glad this one had the guide with it. I wore it out.
I'm glad those of you who liked it had so much fun. I really liked Mystery Case Files of Dire Grove, and the Castle of Shadows.

Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by 8984481 on Oct 3, 10 8:50 PM
I AM STILL HAVING TROUBLE WITH PAMPHLETon a Lighthouse, why am I not getting a response? Please help me, ANYONE. Thanx

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Oct 4, 10 8:53 AM
This is the type game I have been looking for! Loved it! At first I wondered why it would have a strategy guide built in. Now I know. Without it I would have been lost over and over again! The story was great as were the graphics. Someone said they found it had to many cut scenes or voice overs (whatever you want to call them). I thought it was great. Kind of gave it a feeling like you were taking part in a movie. The first Womens Murder Club I did was one given to me years ago and I did like it but this one far surpassed that. I haven't tried the others that BF has right now. I am a bit afraid to because I did the newest first I hope the others won't be a disappointment.

I would rate this game 4 1/2 out of 5. I have yet to find a 5

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Oct 4, 10 7:17 PM
8984481 wrote:I AM STILL HAVING TROUBLE WITH PAMPHLETon a Lighthouse, why am I not getting a response? Please help me, ANYONE. Thanx
Do you have the screwdriver? You'll need it to jiggle in the lock.

What a fun game - perfect for a rainy weekend! I'm never satisfied with voice acting and this, too, failed to convince me but was at least better than most. Everything else was great and most of the puzzles and mini games were interesting and well done. I'd love more like this - bravo!

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Oct 5, 10 11:14 AM
Many, many thanks to IPLAY and FLOODLIGHT GAMES for such a well crafted mystery. It has wonderful graphics/artwork, sound effects, story line, and puzzles that are "do-able" [ crossword puzzles, maps to figure out by word clues, paint mixing, lab experiments, et al] I especially liked the "voice-over" for the characters......it gives the portrayal more texture than just reading the script. I really like having the strategy guide inside the game; that is a big asset......getting in and out of the game to go to a "walk through" gets tiresome. No glitches for me, except the flyer under the lighthouse door.......had to go out, come back in twice and allow the voice cue to set it up.........then it was fine. Especially liked the detailed map that could be accessed. This is a quality game, and I had a ton of fun! ..... ....

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 5, 10 3:55 PM
Finished the game. As I stated before, WMC Little Black Lies begins a new era for this series. It has more of an adventure feel to it instead of being spoon fed the entire story, as you sit and wait for the scenes to go by. The hidden object scenes are clear (but if I had one wish, it would be that all objects found before would remain gone the next time you encounter the scene--this just helps releive the redundancy in repeating scenes). I thought that the story moved along well and playing with multiple personas kept the story fresh. The mystery element was solid and surprising. There is no timer in the game and no penalty for wrong clicking. I'm not an exuberant clicker but didn't notice a freezing or cursor swirling penalty either. The puzzles are good, with a nice variety--none of them are extremely head pounding hard. A couple are difficult, but nothing that can't be worked out. All can be skipped. There is a strategy guide built into the game (a first for WMC). I can't tell you what it is like, because it wasn't accessible once I finished the game. Dialog is good and moves along quickly. Voiceovers are non-irratating. I have to say since the first Women's Murder Club (Death in Scarlet) this is my favorite, but for different reasons. I like the adventure aspect in this game--having to figure out what to do and where to go next. It's more my style. From start to finish, with no hints, no skips and no strategy guide, it took me 4 hours. I give it four out of five stars.

Edited on 10/05/2010 at 3:57:10 PM PST

fishdawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by fishdawn on Oct 5, 10 5:05 PM
To get the flyer to go under the door...click the flyer on the keyhole (not on the bottom of the door). At least that's how it worked for me. Hope that helps.

BTW, LOVED the game! I think it's their best one yet.

GIMLISAXE
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by GIMLISAXE on Oct 6, 10 11:39 AM
The story was very good and intriguing. Graphics were quite good. The mini-games were interesting and different. Most of the hidden object scenes were good. A few were too small for my laptop. And through the whole game I felt like I was driving a cadillac (as someone else put it). I thoroughly enjoyed this game. It's length was great. I'd give it & 1/2 out of five

Lottea
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Lottea on Oct 6, 10 4:22 PM
Please can someone tell me how to get the flyer under the lighthouse door? I have the
screwdriver and have clicked all over the place. know one here has given a good answer
on how to do it.Thanks

Go to: