MSG050110
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for King Arthur

[Post New]by MSG050110 on Sep 27, 10 6:08 AM
The game was cute, but I found it kind of boring. I kept waiting for my hour to end. It doesn't take much to entertain me, but this is a no buy for me.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Sep 27, 10 6:17 AM

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 27, 10 7:15 AM
Cute game, nice graphics. Was expecting more but it did not deliver in my opinion. It was kinda boring.

lucyfar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for King Arthur

[Post New]by lucyfar on Sep 27, 10 7:33 AM
poopysue wrote:I'm in exactly the same boat with you! No star, and no clue on how to get a hint. I think we have to put the staff together first.

lucyfar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by lucyfar on Sep 27, 10 7:36 AM
i am in the same boat no star and no hint , stupid game

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Sep 27, 10 8:30 AM
I am so disappointed in this game., Really wanted to like it and the story, so far stuck to the accepted traditions of Arthur, but, I hate the hint system and same things others have mentioned. This group needs to go back to the drawing boards and use this a a basis of a really nice IHOG.........not a buy for me

dfringer
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by dfringer on Sep 27, 10 10:16 AM
I liked this game, just finished it. Sometimes I like an easy straight forward game without running back and forth between scenes. After the first few scenes there is a very good hint system. I liked Merlin's voice because he sounded a lot like Sean Connery to me!
Take care everyone.

yada
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by yada on Sep 27, 10 1:16 PM
i adore this game...wonderful..tough enough etc...but i would lilke a walk through in chapter 3 stuck on one of the rune to letter pluzzles, cannot find how it works

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Sep 27, 10 2:09 PM
surprisingly, I LIKE THIS GAME!!! IT IS NOWHERE NEAR AS BAD AS THE WIZARD OF OZ!you may not get hints at first but soon after you get the staff there are hints.i am pretty particular with my games, spoiled even,but this game is not bad at all!!!

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Sep 27, 10 3:30 PM
Definitely won't buy. It's choppy and tough to find a lot of the items, not because they're well hidden but because the visual quality isn't too hot. Not hard, the mini games are cheesy. Pass.

[Post New]by salpolestick39 on Sep 27, 10 4:19 PM
i turn my computer off and turn back on and the king arthur and woman in white work for me and i just finished both game

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 27, 10 5:21 PM
After a irritating start (no hintbutton) the game gets better after a while. The storyline is good, graphic is okay but not special, itemsearching is find (and I like the different hintsystem). I will put in for now on my "list for sales", because I prefer at the moment ihogs. I recommend this game to beginners from hogs and for "only-hog-lovers".

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 27, 10 5:34 PM
One man's "playful squirrel" is another man's stew meat ... hehehe

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Sep 27, 10 8:12 PM
Take a combination of sparkles when I could still find things on my own with no clues when for me there were two items I couldn't find, although I was sure I had found one,the praying mantis, but couldn't get to react and you have the reason I lasted 11 minutes. And most of that time was spent griping about what a stupid game this is. This definitely has to make the top 5 of the worst games ever.

[Post New]by marvelina55 on Sep 27, 10 9:41 PM
I would never buy this game--on principle alone. I read an essay on the rights of gamers on an Indie site, and I resent not being able to skip this poorly written monologue at the beginning...couldn't even speek id up because I read fast. How insulting to not be given the option to either ignore it or rocket through. Then I was unable to find one lone object in the first sequence----and there was no walkthrough, so I was stuck. VERY poorly designed. The developers should have made the hint system work from the beginning, because no youngster is going to simply sit on his/her hands and stay in a frustration level; this isn't even intelligent design. They should WANT to encourage players in the first scenes---simple basic behavior modification taught to beginning salemen, psychologists, teachers, etc.....The graphics are beautiful, I think, but lovely pictures don't overcome the basic issues of my right to gauge interest in a long, long monologue, poor design of the hint system, and .......what the heck does "sulfur" look like? I found it, but by accident. Foolish.

quynne77
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by quynne77 on Sep 27, 10 10:01 PM
I did not even try the other game (Wizard of Oz?) by this developer because of the bad reviews but I love this game, especially as a change from the ihogs. The sparkles were only to highlight the location of the runes and the magic wand in the first scenes. These are necessary to play the game or at least use the hint system so possibly that is why, but I have not seen any sparkles since.

I am only 1/3 through the second chapter but I have only needed the hints twice - to find a butterfly and a sickle both of which were hidden. I still found them hard to find as I did not click them immediately they were shown as I wanted to replenished the runes before leaving the scene - then I just had to click in the general area until I found them. There does not appear to be a click penalty either.

I like the music, scenes and the voice of Merlin although one scene was a bit blurry on my PC. Most objects are quite large and are appropriate to the time, at least so far, and are not difficult to find but occasionally are cursor specific. There is a replenishing list of HOs which is not my favourite method but there are too many to list all at the same time - most are shown as a written list but some are the pictured object or find a certain number of that object. The minigames are quite varied and are not difficult but some, such as the rune addition one, are not clearly explained.

I bought after playing only 20 minutes because I was enchanted but I wish I had waited until next month as I am spending too much on credit. However, I have enjoyed every minute so far, so I am not really complaining.

I wish everyone could enjoy this as much as I am but I guess we are all different and that is not a bad thing.

MrMotto
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by MrMotto on Sep 27, 10 10:13 PM
I've played 40 minutes of the demo, and see nothing wrong with this game. My eyesight isn't the best, yet I had no problem seeing the hidden items, no squinting for me. And all items I clicked on took the first click. There is one location, the Forest Tournement, that will ask for several swords, and there are lots of them to choose from, but if you click the correct ones, you will not have a problem, just look at the picture in the item list and find that sword.
I don't know yet rather or not I'll buy it, it may be a bit too easy for me, but definitely not a bad game.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 28, 10 12:06 AM
I enjoyed playing this demo. I won't be buying it, at full price anyway, but I haven't actually been buying any HOGs or IHOGS that aren't at daily deal prices lately, so that's not really saying much I guess... so let's just say, there's several others I'd buy before I'd buy this one.

I enjoyed the voice acting. I enjoyed the music. The graphics are rather beautiful.

I disliked the "playful squirrel" mini-game (reflex type thing), but didn't notice if it was possible to skip it.

If I were buying it, I'd be looking forward to reading all the various verbiage, I think. While it may seem to be in the way when trying to get as far as possible into a demo in the free hour you've got, I think for a game owner it would be a pleasant addition to the game.

Since there's so many posters in the forums who seem to enjoy ripping games a new one just to be doing it, probably your best bet is to try the game demo for yourself.

GirlPink
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by GirlPink on Sep 28, 10 12:26 AM
Not for me...sometimes I like a straight HOG...but not this one.

bellamily
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by bellamily on Sep 28, 10 1:33 AM
Hi everyone. Is anyone else having trouble using the hint buttons? Each time I click on on one, Melin says ...You have to pick an object. It's just nor working for me. Help anyone??

Go to: