poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Post any Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone technical issues here only

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Oct 5, 10 3:00 PM
C'mon BF........I am probably half way through the game but now, like many others on Win7, the game won't open and says it's already running! Fed up, and got withdrawal symptoms now

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Oct 5, 10 3:05 PM
I have to echo the sentiments of what others have said earlier. The lack of resolve on this issue just begs the question, why would you release a PC game that doesn't work with Windows 7 64-bit? Secondly, why would you at least not test it? This is a little sloppy in my opinion.

fishdawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by fishdawn on Oct 5, 10 4:30 PM
Add me to the list. Windows 7 64-bit...game won't start. Bummer!

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Oct 5, 10 8:21 PM
I also have Win 7, 64 bit. The game would not run the first time I attempted to run it. I went into Task Manager and had to close it out (it showed 2 instances of it running by the way) and then tried it again. It did work but the game performance was choppy. I have 8 gb of RAM and and an additional 2 gb of video RAM, 1 TB hard drive and 3.46 ghz Pentium 4 Extreme Edition computer. There is no reason in the world why this game should have given me the performance it did. The loading time between scenes was long too - I uninstalled after 15 minutes as I can't see struggling through this game at this rate. When I attempted to exit the game, it froze up on the "exit" screen and I again had to enter Task Manager to close out. Again, it showed 2 instances of the program running.

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Oct 6, 10 8:09 AM
Is there a fix forthcoming?? If not then perhaps a game credit is in order??!! Rather cross as I have purchased many many games in the last two years since I joined BF, but it seems that the more recent ones are full of glitches or just won't work properly with Win7.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 6, 10 10:07 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just wanted to pop in and let you all know that we are still working on resolving the compatibility issue with Windows 7 and will post in the Game Forum as soon as we have an update. Thank you so much for your continued patience. If you have any more questions about the purchase of this game, please contact Customer Support.

-bfgArnoStyx

icemaidenq
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by icemaidenq on Oct 6, 10 3:23 PM
Hi all,
Just wanted to let BF know that it also doesn't work with Win7 32 bit ...I am also having the same issues that most have had with Win7 64...
LT

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Oct 6, 10 4:30 PM
Considering that this game is an EXCLUSIVE, how did it get released without being checked with Windows 7?

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Oct 7, 10 1:40 AM
HI..

FIRST: the graphics are so amazing ...I honestly could not believe the beauty of the pictures.

Regarding my windows version and the game play:

I am NOT using Windows 7. I hate to move up the Window Ladder;

I am still using Windows XP/NT.

WHILE, the game does download and play... it is very SLOW to progress.
I keep thinking that the game is freezing...yet it does not.

IT JUST TAKES A LONG TIME FOR THE game to progress or to move from screen to a different screen or to exit.

Just wanted you to know that while the games plays

BUT
..there are still problems even with my "old" version of windows...

I am going to purchase...but PLEASE keep those of us who will use the older Windows version in mind as you prepare the fix. A BIG THANK YOU...

Thanks for working on this problem.

OnWI

pwck
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by pwck on Oct 7, 10 7:52 PM
Almost done!! Game won't open tonight ...

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Oct 8, 10 12:28 AM
Well, I finally took the plunge and downloaded the game to see if the reported incidences would duplicate themselves on my machine, also. When I clicked on play from the game manager nothing happened. I tried launching the game from the desktop icon and nothing happened. When I opened the Task Manager it showed the game running. I was able to uninstall the game without any problems. Nothing bad happened, but the game wouldn't open. Windows 7 64-bit.

shaboo58
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by shaboo58 on Oct 8, 10 2:58 AM
So............. I guess we're still working on this game ?????????????????

dodd60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dodd60 on Oct 8, 10 5:36 AM
Running windows 7 will not work if you have windows 7 dont bother to download it is a pain to uninstall it too

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 8, 10 3:49 PM
Still watching for an announcement of a fix too. Something to tell Task Manager Processes that the game is NOT running. Then it won't even uninstall while it thinks it is still running but I went in that circle til I finally fooled it to uninstall.

I'd like to know at what point I should ask CS for a coupon for a different game. Because if later there IS a fix to exit the game, and I want to reload it it will probably say "Already bought this game" and here we go again. Unless it will reinstall, then I've got 2 games for the price of one (bonus for frustration?) It's the only game that has this quirk and I bought 12 new games in Sept and so far 5 in Oct, so it's only this one. In fact, the demo ran fine, no problem until I bought it, then wouldn't start because it kept saying game still running, so evidently even the demo did not exit.

Thanks BF for "looking into it". Hope to get an answer soon if or if not there is a fix so we can go ahead and choose another game.

janba
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by janba on Oct 9, 10 11:16 AM
This game will not open on my computer. It also took a very long time to install - at super slow mode speed. When I tried to play the game it would not open but told me that another game was running- an error. I have tried several times to load the game and as I cannot play it, I am just going to delete it. Probably not worth the effort.

[Post New]by RoseDragonstar on Oct 10, 10 8:22 PM
Barbarabarb wrote:Same here, new computer Windows 7 Game says it is running computer says no can only "close " by restarting After trying to like King Arthur and failing this is trying to say the least

Second major game let down! King Arthur has never got past the start up and now this won't even open - yep - win 7/64bit.

I'm going to have to find another games site as I am very disappointed with BFG

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Oct 10, 10 8:36 PM
I'm having the same problem as everyone else. It seems like BigFish doesn't care and aren't even trying to resolve this issue. Maybe it's time to boycott BigFishGames. They are willing to take our money but aren't willing to help.

[Post New]by ultraviolet69 on Oct 11, 10 11:13 AM
So it's been what...2 weeks since BFG was informed of the compatibility issue with Win7? What is the hold up in providing a fix? Oh that's right...they had to crank out the last group of games...all of them terrible. How about fixing the one decent game you've released lately before spewing out more lousy games that the majority of us will never buy? Win7 is not a beta program anymore. It's here to stay, and your programmers need to realize that.

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Oct 11, 10 11:38 PM
Apparently BF doesn't even read our comments. What lousy service they supply. They won't respond to us and they won't fix the problem so we can play this game. What is the problem with you BF? Answer us!!!!!

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Oct 12, 10 5:23 PM
This is BAD business and they know it. If BFG doesn't want to support Windows 7, then that's their choice. But they owe it to their customers to be honest about their intent. It's irresponsible to release an exclusive game and then throw everyone under the bus that has Windows 7 and act as if nothing happened. Their behavior and contempt is somewhat delusional. This is the 3rd week and there is no fix, no update, no response. Their overall effort has been benign, at best.

Go to: