Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Drawn: Dark Flight ®

[Post New]by Dancingcrone on Dec 14, 10 1:57 PM
Ooh - forgot to mention that the puzzles are fun and challenging too!

[Post New]by moonlight51 on Dec 29, 10 12:16 PM
I don't know why so many people like this game. I don't like this game at all. I did buy lots of BF games and I enjoyed every game except this one. Sorry, I think a lot of people like this game. For me it is one of the worst BF games.

[Post New]by flashingman on Dec 30, 10 3:18 PM
This is one of the best games I've ever played from BF. The artwork alone is worth the price, and shames most of the other games offered--including the good ones. The scenes aren't simply well-drawn--they are imaginative and visually bold, with a terrific use of color and shading.

I really liked the level of difficulty of the puzzles. Personally, I like puzzles and mini-games to be at least challenging and even difficult, so that when I do eventually solve a puzzle I feel like I've accomplished something by using my brain. This game had some of the more difficult puzzles I've encountered, which often had me frustrated and exasperated, and then very satisfied when I finally figured things out. Difficult puzzles also extend the time of gameplay, at least for me since I don't skip puzzles.

I also like the solid and interesting story line. A lot of games--maybe even most at this point--claim to have a story, which all too often is pretty incoherent and serves no real purpose in the game. Here, however, I thought the story was integral to the game experience.

I give this game the highest marks possible.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 3, 11 6:35 AM
Just finished this game and visually it was an absolute feast. Amazing. But I don't think I'll bother with another one. I found many of the puzzles tedious/illogical and skipped them. Beautiful to watch but not that much fun to play.

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by Akela16 on Jan 6, 11 12:09 PM
I've just finished the game too ( voted Best Adventure Game of 2010) and my thoughts are about the same as "flashingman"

I don't like to skip puzzles either, because I like puzzles so much. There were a couple I had to resort to a "walkthrough" because I just couldn't figure it out.

For instance "painting/dying the colors in the Queen's Face" I was able to get my screen to look exactly like the picture and nothing was happening. All of a sudden I noticed one of the gates was left open .... as soon as I closed it, the puzzle concluded and I was off to the next challenge.

This is/was one of the best games I've played yet. Super graphics, good story line, and challenging puzzles. This game deserved the nomination for Best Adventure Game of 2010.

Edited on 01/06/2011 at 12:10:08 PM PST

[Post New]by suegladys on Jan 6, 11 3:50 PM
Loved this game! Hoped it would never end! Bring on the next one!

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Jan 7, 11 3:03 PM
my only complaint is that this game is too short! honestly it's so beautifully made and imaginative that i didn't want it to end! although i enjoyed the first one a little bit more i was continually delighted with the creativity and feeling of wonder i experienced while playing this second chapter of the story. i cannot wait for the next installment! the puzzles in this game are very often difficult, challenging, exasperating, and sometimes completely frustrating...which i LOVE! i am so glad BF is offering a game that is incredibly well made and where all the puzzles make you work and use your brain. many hog/adventure game designers could take a lesson from this as many of them tend to hand you everything with too many hints (shortening game play time and creating a boring feeling that someone is reading you a bedtime story instead of you participating in a worthwhile adventure). there are hints in this game but if you go without them you'll have to be prepared to think! thanks again for having this available to us and please keep bringing us more games like this one!

[Post New]by wheeltapper on Jan 13, 11 9:06 AM
Every so often a game comes along that is so beautiful it takes your breath away, this is one of them.

simply fantastic.

Roy

GrandWeeze
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Translating the game into different languages

[Post New]by GrandWeeze on Jan 14, 11 2:15 PM
I just spent the afternoon playing this amazing game. Watching the credits, I was impressed by the recognition given the teams working to translate Drawn into various languages. I've read so many posts complaining about games being poorly translated into English. I hope non-English- speaking gamers were happy with how this game worked in their languages. Major props to the developers!!

Edited on 01/14/2011 at 2:18:40 PM PST

LeBoof
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by LeBoof on Jan 20, 11 7:37 PM
Hi All,

While I haven't finished this game yet, (I just got into the Library. Not sure if I'm near the end or not :/ ) I hate to admit that it's kicking my be-hind! The fact that it doesn't hold my hand is a plus, and I HATE to use hints, it's really taking me a long time to get through this. So, for me, it's one of the most challenging games so far. But, I really like it.

If I'm being honest, the storyline, to me, seems disjointed. I'm not seeing an obvious or smooth transition between areas & tasks, which may be why it seems so difficult; the story is too hard to follow. However, I feel the graphics are phenomenal, the sound effects are good, and the music is spot on! All I can say is that after all this....the ending better be worth it. LOL

Others have mentioned a predecessor, so now I'm gonna have to go check it out. Oh darn! hehehe

Definitely worth a try!!! A+

[Post New]by hsmom56514 on Jan 20, 11 10:45 PM
Although the artwork was very nice, I cannot say I loved this game. I felt there was no rhyme or reason to it. I loved EAP because the game was very logical. This felt like there was no storyline. And, as some others have said, the games tended to be "random". I don't think I will be buying the prequel.

[Post New]by JadedCalifia on Jan 24, 11 9:04 AM
I really loved this game. Beautiful graphics and puzzles that were engaging and on the whole reasonable in their difficulty. I will admit that I had to skip the cello poster puzzle (total frustration on that one in getting the nitpicky placement) and the phoenix/dragon ring. I found the story line intriguing and wish it could have been longer. I've played the Syberia series, Nibiru, and the Return to Ravenhurst. This combined the best of each of these games for me, especially since it was truly an adventure game. So many in this genre are hidden objects in disguise. Thanks Big Fish, now could you please grab a few more adventure games like this for this genre
In the short of it, I recommend this game.

dinkybox
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by dinkybox on Jan 31, 11 11:37 AM
Really really liked this game. Better than the first one. The only gripe I have with this is the length of time between scenes, watching a circle in the middle of a black screen. Apart from that I thougth it was brilliant. When is the next one coming out??

[Post New]by missmerrily on Feb 5, 11 4:18 AM
chillygirl wrote:I guess I'm odd man out. I have the first of this game & was anxious for the new one to come out. I don't like this one..it's too back & forth for me. Could be my mood too lol..I'll try again later. But good luck to those of you who like it!!

You are not alone chillygirl. I loved the first game and hate this one. I give credence to the lovely graphics again, but somehow the fun element in the puzzles was totally lacking for me in 'dark flight' and I am just not on the right wavelength for solving them. The 'music' was also irritating me beyond measure. The random way in which the cursor is placed for exiting some scenes was also frustrating. On a couple of occasions I actually had to hunt my way out of a cut scene.
On the plus side at least help is readily available within the game. If it hadn't been, I think this game would have been 'binned' a while ago. As it is I have to steel myself to play a little and then leave it alone for long while before I go back in.

dillydo2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by dillydo2 on Feb 22, 11 8:28 PM
I have just had the most enjoyable experience. This game is an adventure/HOG that all lovers of this genre should own. The quality throughout the game is exceptional from the music to the graphics to the challenges. Thank you for the helper. Sometimes he was needed.
You thought of everything to make this gaming experience worthwhile. I got my money's worth.
Please keep the BFG adventure/HOG games coming.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Feb 23, 11 7:52 PM
Fantastic! I had high expectations and you know how when you do that you sometimes are disappointed. Not so- very very happy with this game Big Fish

Graphics - Excellent
Story- Intriguing and original
Gameplay - Very Good
Level of Difficulty- Medium
Hint System- Excellent

I am very intrigued with the detailing & the design of each scene. I especially enjoyed the children part & the 4 seasons...very pretty.
out of 5

Drawn: Dark Flight ®

[Post New]by roshy1977 on Feb 24, 11 1:02 AM
WoOoOoOoOoW It's amazing games I like it very much Great game it's smart and adventure and mystery and a great drawing in the game and I hope the game the second and third and the number of the many mysteries, adventure, and many. and thanks to this wonderful game and I am very happy I won the game.^____^

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 3, 11 9:49 PM
Fantastic Game!! Loved the graphics, music and game play. Some of the most difficult puzzles that I have encountered and done creatively. More like this, please!!

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

[Post New]by Beingknown on Apr 9, 11 5:30 PM
Beautifully drawn graphics (sorry, pun intended), interesting and challenging puzzles, which are just difficult enough to be enjoyable, without being frustrating. Although I didn’t time myself, I felt this was a generous game length, that offers many hours of entertainment. The scenes provide a nice variety of moods and atmospheres within the different environments you explore. The music for the sound track helped set the tone for the game and added to the game, rather than being distracting. Player gets to set level of difficulty (“Casual”, with has a tutorial, or “Experienced”), music volume, sound effects volume, and screen brightness all at the onset of game. Definitely a good value.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Apr 21, 11 4:09 PM
FANTASTIC GAME. One of the best I have purchased from BF. Something different is always welcome!

Go to: