kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Time Mysteries: Inheritance

[Post New]by kelnjor on Oct 10, 10 8:28 PM
just finished the demo..nice clear graphics, and OK story line..i found the music quite annoying after a few minutes, so muted that. i like the hint system - doing the little puzzles to gain more. i had to use the hints in some of the HOG scenes, as with most HOG's they were junk pile and overly cluttered.
The mini puzzles where pretty easy, along with the general game play, i think there could have been more to do in each "door" had 4 rings before demo ended, so i think i will wait for it to come as a DD before buying, going on what i have already played, i don't think it will be that long a game.

qwerty4
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by qwerty4 on Oct 11, 10 6:01 AM
Glad that many of you fishies liked this one, but it is not for me.

Having numbered hints that had to be earned was enough in itself, but combined with the click penalty, the "find the difference" screens and the music made it not even a $2.99 buy for me.

Please, no more like this.

thebud1
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by thebud1 on Oct 11, 10 7:28 PM
Disappointment,,dont like the way you have to EARN your hints, just dont care for Match Three, some the objects are just impossible to find, this was not my favorite one,,,,another bites the dust

[Post New]by mar1962 on Oct 12, 10 11:27 AM
I play the game now and in one hotspot a painting you have to find three pears, but i only can find two of them.using the hints it says there is nothing more to find there.
I can't go futher because you wil get an item for you're inventory after finding all the items on the list.what now ???

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Oct 13, 10 1:44 AM
just another big yes on this one!
We enjoyed the time travel and variety of art styles and time periods. The end was a bit flat, come on more Merlin!
Good one !

[Post New]by Linda_in_Aussie on Oct 13, 10 8:31 AM
I liked this game.

Only faults are that it's a little repetative, some of the items were very obscure & the story was somewhat basic. But on the positive side they didn't really detract from enjoying the game. The graphics were clear enough. I played the Regular Mode which was easy - I'll probably try it again playing the Expert Mode.

**Spoiler** ?? When you run out of hints, you earn more hints playing a Match Three Game. I liked that distraction... something different.

Overall a pretty good game.

3/5

[Post New]by Carlene1948 on Oct 13, 10 1:10 PM
Where do I go for help on the gears in the statute in the pond? I'm new at this. Also, is there a walkthrough yet?

trout10
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by trout10 on Oct 14, 10 5:06 AM
This is a good game until you get to the 15th centuary the 3rd pear is missing and without this you cannot finish the game i payed $9.99 from BF and as i am a pensioner cannot afford to pay for a game that you cant finish i have clicked on the hints button and it says "nothing to find" so where has this 3rd pear gone to.
Joan London UK

debdeb11
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by debdeb11 on Oct 14, 10 9:30 PM
Okay game. Bought after approximately 20 minutes of demo as it seemed very good. However I was glad when I finished as I found it getting very tedious, same tasks at end of every chapter. Story-line seemed to have so much potential, but somehow did not end up grabbing me as much as it could have. I did like not the HOG scenes at the beginning of every chapter in the archive room.

In the end I don't regret buying it, but don't feel any desire to play it again anytime soon, and not sure I would buy the sequel that they seem to have set up unless perhaps on a DD.

Moto26261
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Moto26261 on Oct 15, 10 3:11 PM
Was looking forward to this ,but came out of the demo with 23 minutes left as I was totally bored. The graphics were ok, but the game just didn't grip me at all. The scenes were too short and then having to go back to the archive room to find an item in a HOG just to go through yet another door and another short scene every time just became tedious and made the game more like a series of short puzzles rather than a complete adventure.. I prefer games where you move on "naturally". I also found the problems too easy to solve and didn't like the hint system either- all in all (in my opinion),very disappointing.

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Oct 16, 10 12:56 AM
I only enjoy HOGs if they have an adventure theme running the show. This one does and it's very good. Played a few match 3 games to gain hints because I couldn't find the last object in each HOG scene (as per usual :outofit . The ending was a bit obscure but maybe it's me.

[Post New]by sallyivth on Oct 17, 10 4:41 PM
Glad to read many gamers do NOT like the spot the difference. Me too!!! Most times I just start fast, random clicking and hope I hit something.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Oct 23, 10 3:51 PM
Thanks for all the great reviews. I could not even play the complete demo on this game it was so slow . Every time I clicked on an object I had to wait until the cursor would move again.

The graphis were ok but some of the items were hard to see. This is one of a very few games that I couldnt play till end of demo.

This game isnt for me.

Have a great gaming day

xarah78
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by xarah78 on Oct 24, 10 11:44 AM
I am 20 minutes into the demo and I am about to purchase the game. I love the music, graphics, and the interaction!

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Oct 24, 10 2:15 PM
I bought the game after less than 10mins into the demo and now regret the purchase. This game gets sooooooooooooooooo boring and old. It's just the same thing over and over and over and neither the story, nor the characters appealed to me. The graphics clear enough, but not my style at all. I'm afraid I couldn't finish the game. I got sick of it and just uninstalled it.

GIMLISAXE
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by GIMLISAXE on Oct 26, 10 11:45 PM
I completely agree BORING!!! Good graphics and um I guess that was it.

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Oct 29, 10 2:00 PM
Loved it !! It was refreshingly different. I was so tired of the same old thing with a different name

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Oct 31, 10 9:23 PM
I, too was bored with the whole game, including the story line. Same Stuff, Different Day. The only thing that make me download it to play was the thought of having to play M3's to get more hints - not that I'm a big fan of M3's, but thought it would be different.

In all nothing was different. The graphics were clean, the ****'s somewhat difficult to find in the junkpile, but not impossible. The MUSIC - ARGGHHHH. How awful!! Had to mute it from the very beginning of the trial. There was some interaction in this IHOG, which was a plus, but there was no challenge to it. It may be a long game, but I'm sure I'd probably start throwing things around the house as I would feel I HAD to play the whole thing since I paid for it. Everything appeared so FLAT. Why was that - no dimension to anything.

I'm very happy for those that bought and will enjoy a long game that they like. For me, no ever on this one.

bunny3620
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by bunny3620 on Nov 4, 10 11:43 PM
Personally, I truly liked this game. It was fairly simple and fun since I didn't have to keep going to the Big Fish looking for help. It had just the right amount of HOGs and other games to solve. I give it a 4 star rating.

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Nov 6, 10 6:19 PM
This game was so so for me. I had enough fun during my demo to purchase it but the game started to get old. It can be very repetitive. This makes the game a bit boring towards the end.
I did not mind having to earn my hints. It was pretty easy to do so. The mini games were pretty easy. I only needed to skip a couple. The worse part about skipping a mini game is it steals one of your hints.
I would give this game 3 stars.

Go to: