moonchild8
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat

[Post New]by moonchild8 on Nov 8, 10 3:59 PM
Just finished the game tonight and I really did enjoy it, so sad it's finished!

mrjiggs
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by mrjiggs on Nov 8, 10 7:09 PM
I really enjoyed playing this one. !! Good graphics. calm music , lots of puzzles. I would have to give this game a 10 out of 10. I did have to use the walkthrough a few times but that was ok with me.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Just finished The Black Cat

[Post New]by bratzgram on Nov 9, 10 5:12 AM
As with all Edgar Allan Poe games I really liked this one. I had to use the walk through a couple of times. I guess that's the way I like to judge these games. If I never have to resort to help I think they are to easy. If I have to live in the walk through then either I am just plain stupid or the game is to hard. This one was just right. I liked the scenes and the music was not annoying like some. After you have done one of these games in the series it tends to get easier so I am afraid that if I continue I will be getting disappointed. I doubt that will stop me though
The mini's were great, I thought. if not a bit on the easy side. The answer is always there. You just have to find the clue. I didn't feel over run by Hidden Object Scenes but when they did pop up I was ready for the break it gives from the rest of the game. One really good point? I got my moneys worth in length! I get very upset when I pay $7.00 for an hour and a half! I don't skip mini's and try real hard not to use hints but even if I had skipped here and there I feel the length was good.
Overall I had a great time on this one. Thanks Again BF!

Pooh_Bah
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Pooh_Bah on Nov 9, 10 6:13 PM
I really liked it. It was not easy, especially at first, and the lack of a "hint" button was a little bit of a challenge. I had to resort to the walkthrough a couple of times. But overall, very enjoyable.

Bernetta
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Bernetta on Nov 10, 10 6:03 PM
Holy Cow....what a trip. I loved this game even though I had to refer to the Walkthrough way too many times to get me through every Chapter. Personally, I would rather be able to figure out most of the game on my own--I'm sure there are a bunch of fishies that are able to do that.

The game is very creative....loved taking things apart and then using the parts to repair something else. The graphics are unbelievable.

Even though I got completely lost a couple of times,, I eventually found my way back to where I was supposed to be. Will look for more games by ERS. Thanks guys and gals. You did a great job!

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Nov 10, 10 9:59 PM
Very, very impressive. Congratulations to the developers, this one was really good! The music made this so much more atmospheric - very Puppetshow-like, particularly in the beginning. Beautiful graphics, wonderful realization of the scenery. I really thought I was inside a mansion.

I thought this one was head and shoulders above Rue Morgue, which was no slouch. Great game length, and it never dragged. Simply very well done. Loved it.

Except for the chicken. I'll get you for that.

[Post New]by yockeygal on Nov 11, 10 7:23 AM
This was sooooo worth the money. I don't post here much at all as you can see, but just had to come and emphatically say, "Get this one!"

Turned out to be I think my "modern" fave game. Awesome. Liked everything about it. What a nice autumn surprise.

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Nov 12, 10 1:34 PM
Looking for more games from ERS Game Studios!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Tarvan on Nov 16, 10 7:44 AM
What a great walk through, I was going cross eyed staring at the screen, now i can play each day quietly and calmly. Cheers...

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Nov 17, 10 6:55 PM
WOW! what a beautiful game ,I amsoory to see it end and i only went to the walkthrough once .I hope there is a sequence ,Can't wait..............Thanks BF.

[Post New]by kristalburg on Nov 18, 10 5:34 PM
Love this game, it is long and not very easy. Had to look up the walkthrough a couple of times. More games like this one please.

johne60
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat

[Post New]by johne60 on Nov 19, 10 2:05 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

waterfire11
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by waterfire11 on Nov 20, 10 2:29 AM
Finished! Wow, what an amazing game and what a journey!
I was pleasantly surprised by the length of the game. Recommend it for everyone who loves these type of games. It`s in the same league as RTR

silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

[Post New]by silkywings on Nov 25, 10 8:29 PM
I just finished this game tonight, Thanksgiving Day, and it was like saying goodbye to an old friend who is leaving the country. I enjoyed it and it was fun from start to finish. Clever little twists and turns everywhere. I stretched it out over a week because I wanted to savor it down to the last bite. I will look forward to replaying it in about six months. I enjoyed the ambience, the music was soothing and meditative for me. I did get lost a bit in the celler and it was spooky for a while and I slipped in and out of the walkthrough and hints but really tried to figure things out for myself. A great game old friend and return home as soon as possible. Thank you BF

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Nov 30, 10 6:02 AM
For the love of humanity, people.....STOP. Do NOT d/l a game that clearly says it is a "hidden object game" & then come into the comments & review thread with a pouty face saying I didn't like this hidden object game b/c it had....lots of hidden objects in it.

Are you kidding me? Seriously. Obvs some of you are in the wrong genre if you think a hidden object game should not be full of hidden objects. If all you want is the to-ing & fro-ing bits &/or the puzzle bits, then perhaps it would behoove you to d/l & try adventure &/or puzzle games instead. There's NO hidden objects in those & thus there will be no more pouty faces that there are hidden objects to find in a hidden object game. And you will not make others insane sitting here rdg this commentary & thinking WHY are these ppl playing hidden object games when it is plain they do not like hidden objects & then coming in & cluttering up a thread about a hidden object game with this irrelevance?

That said, these devs need to get over this demo snippet nonsense as well. 23 min to demo a game, are you kidding me? Is this the future of casual gaming, no more hr demos to be had? The fact that I am a sucker for Poe & will likely buy if there are no outstanding tech issues doesn't matter. That is all the more reason I don't want to be finished in 23 min. The Dark Tales series has beautifully immersive period pieces w/ gorgeous graphix & 23 min to take this in is insufficient, esp if that's all one is going to get if there are tech problems w/ the game. I thought the 39 min on MCF7 was bad enough (tho I didn't care to keep playing that mess). Instead of just activating a demo if you purchase, now there's more d/l'ing time b/c you don't have the full game already installed. Devs need to get that some folk (thankfully I'm not one) have limited d/l times w/ their 'net provider & can't keep doing this. And sometimes it isn't enough time to decide if it's a buy or not. Like that 39 min of MCF7 sucked, tho ppl insisted it got better later. Don't care, it needs to grab me in the demo & if it doesn't, I'm not buying. Devs are doing themselves a disservice w/ these shorter & shorter demos. If it's a slow starter then they're losing sales. Besides wasting our time & some cases xtra $ w/ a 2nd d/l. This trend best get over itself if they expect to continue making $. If I'm on the fence over an iffy demo or just think it sucks, I'm not buying after such little time.

Edith9
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by Edith9 on Nov 30, 10 9:50 AM
With so many HOGs around I´m getting really spoiled, but Dark tales is great game. So far it´s my favourite HOG of 2010. Very good graphic and sound, puzzles are challenging but not impossible to solve (I did not have to use skip button). Hidden objects scenes are good, story is interesting although not very original. My game time was around 4,5 hrs. Pretty happy that I bought it.

eyesore
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by eyesore on Dec 9, 10 11:01 AM
One of the best games I have purchased from BF. Definitely worth the money. The graphics are terrific, and the games (which I do not usually fool with very much) are easy enough for me old brain....also, can skip when want.

I have been playing it over several days which I find quite nice. Not too difficult to pick up where I left off. Quite long and satisfying.

It seems strange that a well executed game like this one is the same price as so many ****-hum ones. How on earth are graphics like these created? I would love to watch a person develop a game.

silver64
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by silver64 on Dec 21, 10 6:20 AM

Absolutly loved it and proud to say that I only used the walk through once

Silver

[Post New]by TartOfDarkness on Dec 21, 10 10:51 PM
Outstanding game. Very long, but not overly difficult. Lot's of bang for your buck. It was the length of 2 games actually. Definitely in my Top 5. I actually enjoyed this one more than Murder on the Rue Morgue. An enthusiastic BUY.

rosieroo
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by rosieroo on Dec 22, 10 12:26 PM
Excellent really loved it . The story has you curious from start to finish .
A very good worthwhile buy .
Kept me entertained for 2 evenings,
Going to demo Rue morgue now .

Go to: