Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 18, 10 3:05 AM
I did spend one credit on this game and don't regret it. It's really repetitive, HOG after HOG, find the difference, etc, but graphics are good, objects not too easy to find,I make a challenge finding all the bears. Nice and relaxing to play just before going to bed. A little bit of it every night is qite enjoyable and you save sleeping pills.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Oct 18, 10 10:31 AM
This game was perfect for me, I do like a lot of HOG scenes, to search for items and this game had plenty of those..YIPEE !!
The items are very well hidden, so I didn't breeze through, like I do on most games, I had to take my time and really look..excellent job developers, I'm sure it took some time and patience when making this game, to hide the items so well .
I especially liked finding the bear's, in every scene also, some of those little bear's didn't want to be found, but eventually I found each and every one.
What added to the game play, for me, was the music, LOVED it and thought it suited the game perfectly, it enhanced the creepy factor !
I know we all have differences of what we like in a game, this one for me had everything that I enjoy, LOVED the mini's, even the spot the differences.
I also liked the different puzzles, there was some challenge to them, the myan ring and the bear puzzle was FUN, I enjoyed every one of them!
And a HUGE thing for me, the game had a nice length, so I felt like I got my money's worth, and than some ...I'm so happy when they don't cut a game short, the developers really delivered on this one..THANK YOU !
This is just my personal opinion, but I give the game 4 ...and a BIG , I enjoyed playing every minute and am going to replay it, which I don't normally do.
Of course I am a sucker for games involving institutions, loved the creepy factor it brought, and reading the files and notes of the patients ( kids )..just left me wanting more, great job on the story that brought this entire game together, very well done!
I will be purchasing the next one that comes out, so PLEASE hurry...LOL!!

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Oct 18, 10 4:05 PM
I think I'll save my credits on this one...

Maybe as a DD.

Edited on 10/18/2010 at 4:07:29 PM PST

[Post New]by playup on Oct 20, 10 1:52 PM
I just wanna know if anybody found the bears on the trial? So far I haven't had any problem except with the bears.

kroozkitty
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,144 Posts

[Post New]by kroozkitty on Oct 21, 10 4:24 PM
Lasted about 15 minutes......

patkerash
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by patkerash on Oct 26, 10 2:16 AM
I agree, I do not like this type of graphics. Instead of using cleverness to hide the objects this game make them very small or impossible to see. I'll save my money .. wish mortimer beckett would come out with a new one...

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Nov 18, 10 3:53 PM
I bought this game, and truly wish I had not........ Scene after scene of HOGS, and graphics very blurry. No challenge at all, and extremely boring. I hate to give up on a game, so periodically I access and pick my way through several scenes. I want this game to end really badly, before I have to tear my hair out and delete.before I finish.....

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Apr 9, 11 7:19 AM
I have been playing demos (Many,Many) simply because I am bored out of my skull. This game didn't help. I played 15 min and deleted it. It is pretty much a straight HOG with very tiny hard to find objects. That's sums it up.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 27, 11 4:51 PM
The game could have been better with better graphics. Luckily, you don't get penalised for clicking, because that's the only way to find some things. Even when you click on a bear and it shows it close up, I sometimes still couldn't tell it was a bear, other than you get bear credit. The story looks interesting, and the clues makes it more and more interesting, but those graphics in the hidden object scenes, plus too many spot the difference games, makes it not nearly as enjoyable as it could be. When it's not spot the difference, it's generally put a puzzle together. Not much variety for mini-games, at least in the time allotted for the demo.

Go to: