Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Island: Castaway

[Post New]by delia92965 on May 9, 11 5:57 PM
This game would have been really nice if it wasn't so racist.

[Post New]by oldenglish on May 26, 11 4:26 PM
i AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GIVE THE CHIEF HIS SALAD. ANYONE HELP

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on May 31, 11 7:16 AM
oldenglish wrote:i AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GIVE THE CHIEF HIS SALAD. ANYONE HELP

Have you gotten the recipe for the salad yet? That comes first. Keep doing other things - talking with other characters and doing their quests - until you get the salad recipe.

If you've done that and have made the salad, dragging and dropping it from your inventory on to the chief is how to deliver it.

[Post New]by tecomagirl on Jun 17, 11 4:32 AM
I love this game, don't think I even played the demo more than 10minutes before I brought it, only problem is I can't play it again, I just get the start movie, then the credits, I want to play it again

abluep
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by abluep on Jun 18, 11 8:07 AM
everyone seems to like it but has any one finished it?

If u have what does the dream mean? PM me

[Post New]by mynx72 on Jun 24, 11 2:28 PM
i purchased the game today, completed it in 9 hours, loved the game but when you get addicts like me playing them they're over too soon lol, but a definite thumbs up 10/10 from me

[Post New]by mynx72 on Jun 24, 11 2:29 PM
abluep wrote:everyone seems to like it but has any one finished it?

If u have what does the dream mean? PM me

I'm not going to PM you because telling you would spoil it, but you will find out very near to the end

Deeisme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Deeisme on Jul 8, 11 2:19 PM
Love this game, so much that I am playing it over and over, even though I finished it. I cannot wait for Part 2 to come out! I love the way the people have real voices and talk...It's like watching a movie and playing a game all at the same time. Please hurry Big Fish and come out with part 2.

[Post New]by lenoxbowler1 on Jul 9, 11 8:57 AM
Loved the game, fun and you can go at your own pace.Very addictive and
some adventure. Looking forward to part 2.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Aug 21, 11 12:47 PM
You know....I got this a VERY long time ago on my phone....YEARs ago....Loved it!!!

but then as all things do when you lose the phone, you lose the games....

I found it after all this time.....I played it through twice on my phone....

Granted it's a little more huntery than I like to play neccesarily, but I remember all the maneuvers from the phone game and this is soo much the same I am one happy camper and blew a credit on this....this game can last forever if you just want to hunt boar, fish, make recipes, and just plain explore, and do all kinds of the manly stuff.....

Not that you necessarily would.....but.....it's just a wonderful game , with voices and tasks.....I remember the storyline, but that's okay....I am finally seeing this game on the big screen.....

And frankly it's as good as I remember....soo I highly recommend it....and I have always wanted to see the sequel.....

And if you have a phobia about snakes.....don't try this game.....

Trust me......after you see the kinda stuff you gotta do in an area craaawling in snakkes....you will be running for the exit....but since I get to shoot them.....

Well I can live with it....(and if you make the snake protection potion you can't get bit while you shoot them)

But if you hate seeing dozens of snakes surrounding your character.....

You have been warned!!!

majicbird
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by majicbird on Aug 28, 11 8:24 PM
LOVE this game!! Played the whole thing twice already! WHEN WILL THE CONTINUATION BE RELEASED???

[Post New]by snowcam on Sep 3, 11 5:21 AM
I seem to be stuck. Where do you get the seeds to plant????

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Sep 9, 11 12:51 PM
snowcam wrote:I seem to be stuck. Where do you get the seeds to plant????

You get some for free when one of the tribe asks for help. Otherwise you buy them from the Tribe's "general store" guy.

[Post New]by grannykaren1999 on Jan 3, 12 7:36 PM
I'm liking the game. Having a problem finding the last statue. Anyone have a hint?

BlueSkunk12
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by BlueSkunk12 on Mar 3, 12 1:17 AM
Too short and very linear. No reason to play it more than once. Wish I'd known before buying it. Finished the game the same day I purchased it.

I'm also VERY disappointed that the game ended with "Wait a minute, something's wrong". I don't like loose ends.

The last statuette is in the cave just before the Heart. From the left side, go straight across, then down till you find it. It's not far from the exit door.

-EDIT-
And yes, it's EXTREMELY sexist. The women tend the fire, the food and the sick, and keep getting lost, while the men do all the work (both in camp and in the tribe).

You've made games before where we could choose the gender for the PCC (player controlled character). Why not with this game?

Edited on 03/03/2012 at 9:55:16 AM PST

[Post New]by charliexvx on Mar 22, 12 8:02 PM
its addicting and a fantastic game i enjoyed it a lot also got the second one and loved it to, now waiting for the 3rd installment

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Feb 11, 13 7:51 PM
Love it!

It's a buy for sure!

Although I must say that I am having to bite my tongue so that I don't tell the lazy good-for-nothings to get off of their butts!

Yep! A keeper!

Angel

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 24, 13 2:36 PM
cherbtoo wrote:Boy will I be fit when I get to the end of the game with all that running about, bet I will have lost a couple of stone too .
If Tom lost a couple of stone (~30 lbs), he'd be scrawny. Doesn't happen.

Unfortunately, he never gets hot and sweaty enough to lose the t-shirt, either.

Go to: