nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Oct 15, 10 4:07 PM
Poutoule wrote:You said everything and I agree with you. At long last a good game, off to buy it. Shame it's a CE, I have 4 punch card credits and just don't know what to spend them on. Can't these credits be extended to next month ? Don't want to buy rubbish just for the sake of using them.

I wonder why BF wont let you use TWO credit for the CE's ?

[Post New]by scrapping_nancy on Oct 15, 10 4:07 PM
Really enjoyed this game, graphics are good, sound is not annoying. I would have loved to buy it but my only pet peeve is: I finished the demo version in 40 minutes, could not play the remaining 20 minutes of the free hour. What is the point of "try it free for 1 hour if you finish the demo earlier???" When I don't get the full free hour it's a no buy for me!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 15, 10 5:44 PM
If you are still wondering why 2 game credits can't be used for CEs, it has been in the works for awhile and may be changed in near future. That should be good news. As for why, a revamping of shopping cart software etc etc you can read about it on past picman's posts using search box on forums. Our payment methods have been hardwired before CEs were introduced and changes are made by priorities. Lowering CEs has been a good step on the way and I think have brought us more quality games.

lpslov37
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lpslov37 on Oct 15, 10 5:58 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

lpslov37
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lpslov37 on Oct 15, 10 6:02 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 15, 10 6:27 PM
As for prices, just from my point of view, but if most casual games, ihogs etc take around 3 hours to play for $6.99, and a long file CE takes around 6 hours, doesn't that come out the same x 2? I mean, if you judge pricing on length or time to play. This varies among the experts and normal players. But the bonus for me is the 3 punches, PLUS the SG which would cost me another $6.99 + SE so why not get it integrated if you like them? If not, wait for the SE.Those designers deserve to get paid too. Some of us don't want the extended wasted time going to forums for help or scrolling through walkthroughs. This looks like at least a 6 hr game for me, more if I don't use hints. So, I'm fine with the new CE pricing. Then I can fill my other 3 punches with some freebies or DDs and still get equivalent of 6 games for $20-30 a month and a free game next 60 days. I'm sitting on 2 club game credits, 3 free codes from CS and a gift, with no exp dates, and 2 free punches from Sept cards good til end of Nov. Still, if I buy this CE before a new Nov card, I've got some reg games on my wish list. I'm on game overload myself from benefits, sales.

I don't see why CEs should all just be non-linear, there are lots of SEs for the adventurerers unless you already bought them all up or as CEs early. What if the next great game IS just really for children age 6-10 and comes out as a CE? I don't mind if a CE is a TM, I just skip it. Finally a linear ihog CE is here for me and other casual players. Should still take me 6 hrs to play and be entertained and flow and I can finish it and look for another game to buy. I don't spend time playing many demos out of my interests, but do find some diamonds in the mines with some DDs.

I've bought all the MCFs from Huntsville to Dire Grove with its dangling snowshoe, only one still not finished is Madame Fate. Drawn, Briar Rose, Curse of Opera, most of the hard ones and both Poes, Witches Salem. I shudder to think the hours now taken out of my real life topside, at 74 was it worth it? Just a different perspective, but DG SE took me 15 hrs, bought SG next day and replayed in 5. That is near a day in my life spent 60/40 frustration/pleasure draining my brain energy. Believe me, my own life is non-linear with enough problem solving thank you. If I want any more stimulation and apply my brain, rather learn something new with final exams. I just need entertainment and humor. Well, that's just me OT again.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 15, 10 7:16 PM
Just one more thank you and I'll shut up (maybe go back to my games). Whoever mentioned humor in this game, forgot poster and can't scroll back. I wondered if this game is a spoof when that crowbar hit me in the face first scene, and I said ok where's the key LOL. That alone gave me a giggle and a tip off, I was looking for the obligatory rubber ducky by scene 2. I am one to really appreciate subtle humor and many times I see humor, dry or outrageous, go right over the heads of some players, thus, a game is boring and stupid to them.

I don't care for vampire games so I thought Vampireville was one of the funniest games I ever played, but many just skipped the dialogue or complained lips were out of sync with English. Well duh..they are speaking Russian, aren't we glad we had subtitles and VO dubbed in? The find the differences were hilarious because everything in both sides were different LOL. Come on people, lighten up. Don't you think the good devs know how we are tired of crowbars and keys? Tongue in cheek, devs were having fun anyway playing with us. And I thought Mishap Accidental Haunting was a almost a spoof of DG, at least those screaming banshees that didn't scare me, really a spoof of ghost story games.

How about a game called The Game You Love To Hate, incorporating every single element and object we're sick of. It should start with find 10 crowbars if we can laugh at ourselves. And at least 10 inventory items never used at the end. Maybe a map put together with a few pieces missing in the jigsaw to keep us lost? Just thinking again, usually in a minority with those who prefer humor over scary, or at least more of it.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Oct 15, 10 8:31 PM
I just loved this game so darn much I hate to see it end.... I am almost done with the game & i recommend to everyone!!! I love the HOG with adventure & "inventory items" ...good story too! It is well worth 13.99...the length is probably one of the longest HOG gams I have played yet so far with Big Fish...the graphics are excellent, no gliches or technical issues at for me...

5 stars!!!

So what are you waiting for??? Hurry & buy this game!!!! ENJOY!!!!!!!!

TinaNash
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by TinaNash on Oct 15, 10 8:45 PM
I like the game, but it's not very difficult. I have run into a snag. I opened the mailbox and before I could grab the key for the medicl kit the box closed and it will not open. I am now stuck and cannot go any further in the game. Has anyone else had this same problem.

The frog doesn't bother me and I like the story line and the various locations. It's fun to explore.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Oct 15, 10 10:00 PM
hydrogibbon wrote:It took me just a little over an hour to finish the bonus section. I still think this game was a good value. I will be able to replay it in a few months and enjoy it just as much as I did the first time. For all of you who found the game too easy I'm a little older than many of you and play the games for fun so really don't want them too hard. For me in particular when the games get too hard they become a job instead of entertainment. I like to be able to figure things out without extra help.

ITA with you! I'm older too and if it's too hard it's not entertaining. I am absolutely loving this game and taking my time in playing because I don't want it to be over. My Yorkie finally got used to the birds and frogs and it's soothing for me since I lived in the country on 5 acres for 9 years. I don't have any negative comments for this game, and as far as it being linear -- maybe it's the OCD in me, but I like regiment and wandering from place to place is not my cup of tea. I am giving this game

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Oct 15, 10 10:52 PM
I loved it and will play it again as I'm sure I missed the story, as I had other things going on while playing.

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Oct 15, 10 11:17 PM
I am a sucker for beautiful graphics so may very well buy this game, however, I am beginning to ask, what is the point of getting the highly touted 3 punches for a CE?

I already have a few punches which expire at the end of October or November which I can either spend on crappy games, or let expire because they don't work to purchase a CE.

Which, surprise, all worthwhile games seem to start out as a CE. And somehow, the SE doesn't come out until after my punches expire. It seems to take just that tad bit longer than 2 months for an SE to come out...Not that I'm counting, so I could be wrong. Still.....

Bottom line: frankly, I'm now buying CEs just because I like the content. The extra punches are usually wasted because the game manager still isn't fixed.

I'm also concerned about the issue brought up by textrekkie, which is that if you DON'T follow the game's linearity you get technical issues. Well, due to an advanced case of CRS, I don't always see the linearity that is apparently so obvious to others. So I will probably wind up wandering into a "technical issue" due to coloring outside the lines, as textrekkie put it.

Returning to the game manager issue -- how long have we waited for this fix, anyway? Oh, sure, I see the BIg Fish Talking Points Fan Club earnestly repeating the standard line about that's how it was hardwired and it can't be changed without the greatest difficulty, but thanks to the wonder that is BF and Picman it is "in the works".

Well, it's been in the works a helluva long time, seems to me.

A long time back it was coming out with the next Game Manager. That came and went with no mention of fixing the credits-for-CEs problem. I don't think I'll hold my breath for this fix -- then again, it could show up tomorrow. What do I know?

But until it does, extra punches are starting to mean less and less because there is nothing worth using them on.

Carolest
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Carolest on Oct 16, 10 3:20 AM
Love it, love it, love it. Definately a buy for me.

Rebait
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Rebait on Oct 16, 10 7:58 AM
Played 30 minutes of demo. Deleted game. Too many hidden object scenes. I like more mini puzzles mixed in with HOGs.

crystalstorm
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by crystalstorm on Oct 16, 10 1:25 PM
scrapping_nancy wrote:Really enjoyed this game, graphics are good, sound is not annoying. I would have loved to buy it but my only pet peeve is: I finished the demo version in 40 minutes, could not play the remaining 20 minutes of the free hour. What is the point of "try it free for 1 hour if you finish the demo earlier???" When I don't get the full free hour it's a no buy for me!
Hi scrapping_nancy, in response to your comment about being able to play the advertised "1free hour", I'm pretty sure the system is set up to allow you to play to certain point in the game which they probably base on the average game players speed. This game was limited to the first 2 chapters. I have read all comments and many have said that they finished it in 40 minutes...you must be good at these types of games. The other thing I think that happens (I am guilty of this also) is that we try to rush through the demo believing we will learn more/get further etc. about the game. I have learned this not too long ago, so no more rushing for me! I make it a point to read the forums now, I learn alot from fellow fishies, some who have played MUCH longer than I. This is how I learned about the 2 Chapter limit. Hope this helps you out. Enjoy your day and Happy Gaming!

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Oct 16, 10 1:42 PM
I agree with puzzledone's comments about the game and everything else.

jimlc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by jimlc on Oct 16, 10 1:53 PM
I purchased this game and as soon as I started playing went to hidden object screen and found all of the objects and it will not let me out of that screen. Tryed uninstalling and reinstalling took me back to the same place. It was the hidden object after the monster. Any help would be appreciated.

[Post New]by itsmelrny on Oct 16, 10 5:31 PM
hey why is it that on some hour demos like this one that i thought was very good, i dont get to play my full hour.thanks

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Oct 16, 10 5:45 PM
Great game but again I finished this in one day. Okay, I had Friday off due to NEOEA day for teachers. However, I did like the games. I just wish that the really cool games would not be $13.99. The ones for $6.99 are one of several genre: boring, too easy, or too short. Sometimes they are all three. However, every so often we get treated to a really great game. However, it does seem that all of them are collector's items. Really enjoyed it; however, I realize it will be probably one of two games which will really be challenging this month. Oh well. Nancy Drew is coming out next week so I guess I will play that for a few weeks.

anerims
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by anerims on Oct 16, 10 7:34 PM
I enjoyed playing the demo. Of course, I didn't finish as fast as others since I like to take my time and not the fastest thinker when the demo ran out. Graphics are good. The frog drives me batty at times, but I manage to tune it out. Will be waiting for the non-CE version because I don't need those extras.

Go to: