bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 16, 10 3:17 PM
Hey Fishies,

If you're experiencing any progression blocks in the game, you may want to delete the saved game data then start the game over with a new player profile.

Having troubles with the game freezing or crashing? Please check to see if there are any updates available for your computer:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you need help with any of the troubleshooting process, please feel free to contact Tech Support with as much information as you can provide.

If you've already written in to Support, you can make sure that your email is in the queue by checking for an automated response with an incident number (be sure to check your Spam folder!). Feel free to reply to that auto-message if you'd like to add more information to your ticket.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 3:18:28 PM PST

alaskan22
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by alaskan22 on Oct 16, 10 4:13 PM
bfgImbrium wrote:
bella81762 wrote:i dont see a hood ornament or lever....no searh scenes nothing...only inventory item is care keys, hint says open car door

Once you have the car key you need to go over to the car and zoom into the left door, pop the key on the lock to open the door and you'll see the **** scene. After that you get the car logo and once you zoom into the car hood you can take the lever.

Has the tree collapsed before you had a chance to complete any of these actions?

bfgImbrium

alaskan22
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by alaskan22 on Oct 16, 10 4:15 PM
Yes, the tree fell immediately after I got the keys. I think this is what has been happening to a lot of people.

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Oct 16, 10 4:22 PM
LadyReah wrote:I am not one to lose my keys, but boy am I having a lot of trouble with keys in this game! First I had trouble getting the key from the mailbox and had to restart the game. Got through that part and am now at the slot machine. I have played that darn slot way too long. Have tried checking to see if I missed anything else, checked the strategy guide. Played another hundred bucks or so! Still no keys, but I have gotten the three 7's many times.

So BF techs if you are reading this add the slot machine as another glitch. Hopefully you guys will work your magic and we will all be playing happily very soon.

The first time I played the game I was able to able to get three keys in a few minutes. I am playing the game again today and I found that it is impossible to get three keys. I also have gotten three 7's many times.

I also had trouble getting the key from the mailbox and had to restart the game.

I plan to restart the game again tomorrow and hope to get past the slot machine.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Oct 16, 10 6:24 PM
I've lost my hint Frog. I don't know what happened to him. Any suggestions? I finished the game without him, but I'd like to play it again and I want him back.

An addition: I was able to get the frog back after uninstalling and reinstalling, but now my magnifying glass is gone. I loved the game, but probably will never purchase another Collector's Edition.

Edited on 10/18/2010 at 10:29:23 AM PST

trophywife
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by trophywife on Oct 16, 10 7:04 PM
Help! Stuck inside the hidden object scene in the dressing room. I've collected everything including the salamander ring but I can't get out of the scene. I see other folks are stuck in some of the hidden object scenes too.
How do we fix this problem????

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 16, 10 9:17 PM
For the people that are having difficulties with their game loading, menu bars disappearing and hint frogs leaving and dials not turning, I suggest you check the versions for your graphics card drivers. bfg ArnoStyx posted a great stickied thread that will pretty much walk you through the process if you click on the bold blue print.

You would be amazed what an updated graphics driver can do for a game. It will only take a few minutes so it's well worth the effort.

Once you've done that, restart your computer and then restart the game with a new profile.

[Post New]by irenegriekspoor on Oct 17, 10 1:53 AM
i'm also stuck at the scene whit the fallen three. every time i want to go back i hear the sound of the three falling. But its possible for me to go back to the scene of the menhole even when the bridge is destroyd. when i go back to the fallen three scene and i go want to return nothing happens any more. i al ready have the car key's

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 17, 10 2:39 AM
irenegriekspoor wrote:i'm also stuck at the scene whit the fallen three. every time i want to go back i hear the sound of the three falling. But its possible for me to go back to the scene of the menhole even when the bridge is destroyd. when i go back to the fallen three scene and i go want to return nothing happens any more. i al ready have the car key's

You need to look at threads further up here. This apparently is a glitch, you may need to re-start. But, please read the threads, I got stuck later at the hotel, as I did not pick up the keys in the mailbox. had to re-start from there so beware. I hope that this helps you.

[Post New]by brainybetty2009 on Oct 17, 10 8:23 AM
Menu bars, inventory all gone. I purchased the Collectors Edition - what is the fix please?

[Post New]by MadMadRian on Oct 17, 10 10:43 AM
I had the same problem with finding the car keys and then not being able to get back to the car scene after the tree fell on the bridge.

I tried rebooting, uninstalling/reinstalling. It didn't work.

I had to make a new player profile and start again.

At least it didn't take me long to get back to the car keys scenario.....none of the hidden object scenes had changed!

Minus the bug its a great game!

[Post New]by boppymeme on Oct 17, 10 11:30 AM
Please fix the glitches

helpme60
Clownfish
Clownfish
708 Posts

[Post New]by helpme60 on Oct 17, 10 12:34 PM
I got to the mailbox with the creepy teddy bear then the whole game shutdown even the game manager. I got this message: Grim Tale has stopped working.

I will try to start the game again but sure wish the glitches would have been fixed before it was offered for sale.

jumbo2765
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jumbo2765 on Oct 17, 10 4:02 PM
akfrosty wrote:
viclynn17 wrote:I am trying to get the record out of the file cabinet. I get them all in but it will not let me take the record. I have reinstalled and the gliches stopped now this.

Same here, everytime I try to take the record, the drawer goes in so you can't get the record. So I am stuck at this spot, hope someone comes up with a solution so I can finish the game.
I don't really want to use the skip button to get this to work.

jumbo2765
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jumbo2765 on Oct 17, 10 4:04 PM
I'm also trying to get the record out of the file cabinet. I get them all in but it will not let me take the record. I don't really want to hit the skip button if I don't have to.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 17, 10 6:28 PM
During my first time playing the only problem I encountered was in the Extra Game Play after the regular game. One of the puzzle/mini-games did not recognize that I had completed the game successfully. In the game you have to direct a ball from the entrance to the exit by placing directional icons so the ball will not run into any of the obstacles. I completed it and the ball went from the entrance and out the exit just fine. But the game did not allow me to move forward. It would not let me reset or replay the game. I was able to skip the game but this caused me to not get all of the achievements. The achievements are part of what I paid for in the CE version.

During the second time I played the game I got an access violation at the intercom where the teddy bear is inside the box. I opened the game and began to pick up where I left off. I went to the puzzle on the door and it would not let me turn the knobs. When I exited that scene I lost my menu and inventory at the bottom of the screen. I exited the game and opened it again and as soon as I chose Play my menu was still not there. I had to start all over again and create a new profile.

My Nvidia video card is updated.

This is so unacceptable in a Collector’s Edition. Collector’s Edition games should be twice as good as regular games and have no glitches. I want to play the game through without glitches and get all of the achievements but I can’t be starting over and losing my progress over and over. This is very disappointing and I don’t feel that I have gotten my money’s worth with this game.

I have sent this info to BF customer service along with my DxDiag info and the info showing my video card is up to date.

Edited on 10/17/2010 at 6:30:43 PM PST

hd2222
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by hd2222 on Oct 17, 10 8:19 PM
I agree with LizzieK RE: quality of CE games and our expectation of same. My 1st go with this game resulted in becoming blocked for not following the "progressive order" of play. Started OVER AGAIN with a new profile....all the while referring to the guide so I wouldn't mess up again ( which, incidently, took ALL THE PLEASURE out of playing the game), only to arrive near the end with a cassette tape and ......no player in glove box. Golly Gee! Must have forgotten to look at the stratedgy guide in the previous 2 minutes of play. When I purchase a CE I guess it's too much to ask for a game that is "tried and true", as one would expect. Guess I'll wait for the first snow storm of the season to "tackle" this game again ...........or maybe contact CS, once more, for a refund. Seems to be my mode of action lately.

[Post New]by maggieannie43 on Oct 18, 10 3:01 AM
The game played fine for me except in the extra game I uncovered the puzzle on the cell door the magnet arrows and completed the puzzle, I moved on but the info bar stayed on screen also the skip puzzle in the bottom, I continued but I could not access any hints until I skipped the puzzle game, it was like it froze on screen and did not recognised I had completed it. I noticed some one else had the same problem

Edited on 10/18/2010 at 3:02:56 AM PST

Xen33
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Xen33 on Oct 18, 10 3:59 AM
RECORD.... I am also stuck, can't get the record out of the drawer. Have already uninstralled game twice and then started a new one using another name. I really do not want to play this out again. What now? Tech advice?

Xen 33

Xen33
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Xen33 on Oct 18, 10 4:01 AM
RECORD.... I am also stuck, can't get the record out of the drawer. Have already uninstralled game twice and then started a new one using another name. I really do not want to play this out again. What now? Tech advice?

Xen 33

Go to: