amahaf2
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Sinister City

[Post New]by amahaf2 on Apr 13, 11 6:19 PM
I just tried the trial version of this game. I thought at first that I would really like it & buy it. I do like it, but only help I can get is the hint button, but it is so very, very slow I've decided to not buy it.

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on Jun 27, 11 2:23 PM
The game has all the accolades that previous posters have suggested i.e. good graphics and such. This new type of game where the characters move from one location to the next, physically if that is a good enough term, I just can't get in to. Games such as 13th Skulls contains sounds of walking but I am only entertained by them but seeing a character move to the different locations so far drives me up a wall. Perhaps I am "old fashioned" don't think so or perhaps these games are being developed with the idea of pushing them to say Ipad or Smart Phones.

I am setting the game aside for now and will try to get use to this type of production but I'm thinking NOT. However I will try and keep an open mind.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Aug 16, 11 1:03 AM
I agree the walking characters are annoying I click on something and there is this figure stuck in time !!!
I have played both" Millennium Secrets".. Really great.. so I got this on demo.. I have not finished my hour yet.. but I do not think I will rush to buy it...Found I had to do too much random clicking.. got fed up and kept getting hints... maybe this would be a good one for a dd !!

[Post New]by Piggless on Sep 21, 11 8:18 PM
Oddest game ever. I like when I stopped for a burger.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Oct 5, 11 8:43 PM
I'm not one for vampires, but the campy humor made this a fun little trip. It's clear who most of them are, but no gory details.

I just had to laugh at the dialogue and how it was delivered, especially that ending! Nicely done story and characters.

The game has 2 modes so can play casual as I did, or hard. In casual, it is a very lite adventure. Puzzles are not hard and all have skip option. Lite interaction with objects you find, no junkpiles, purely functional.

It's not a long game, so if ever comes up as a DD, would be a good time to pick it up.

Edited on 10/05/2011 at 9:10:55 PM PST

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Mar 7, 13 7:25 AM
Not really sure why I purchased this....must have been the only choice or loose all my points by the end of the month. Absolutely cannot figure out what I am suppose to do. Apparently I was able to easily get as far as I did in the demo, but cannot find a way to move on.

The HINT is slow and useless once it does regenerate and the map is also. The task list is obvious and I've moved that stiff little guy all around and cannot get beyond collecting all the ingredients for the "potion"...where on earth are the rest of them...not for me, I don't like working this hard to play a game that pits me against a wall all the time. Back and forth between two rooms with the hint showing me a table with a candle which I don't have a clue where it is....yuck.

Scenes are dark and once you think you have finished with a HOS or something...it just sits there so you are not sure if you are finished or not. Just another game I'll never play again.

Go to: