bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery of the Earl

[Post New]by bribling on Oct 10, 11 12:27 PM
I somehow missed this game the first time. I demo'd as the DD. Interesting story and pretty graphics but items are way too small for me. The diamonds were among the few things i could see and I have no interest in screen savers.

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Oct 10, 11 5:31 PM
I tried it because it's the DD and I want to buy at least one of them, to support BFG's donation to breast cancer research. Looks like this won't be the one.

The items to find are entirely too small and there's no way to enlarge the scene. The animation is very pretty, but sort of annoying the way it's sort of "slow motion." Lillian and Christian's relationship seems a little too syrupy for my tastes, but I could have overlooked that if the gameplay had been appealing. Unfortunately, this just hurt my eyes. I gave up after ten minutes.

[Post New]by LaVonNadine on Oct 10, 11 10:12 PM
Oh I'm not alone on this one. Looked pretty, but too hard to find the objects and I got annoyed 40 minutes into the trial. Sorry!

CelticElf
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by CelticElf on Oct 12, 11 12:26 PM
Screensavers or wallpaper ? In the game if you collect all the diamonds in each level you can get a "Screensaver" by clicking Screensavers on the game's main menu... well I tried to get one, and it said "Screensaver Installed" but it is nowhere to be found. I have Vista Home Premium. My friend tried it also because they have Windows XP, same thing - tells her it is installed but then is nowhere to be found. Although I don't normally use screensavers, I do like putting them on for holidays - and the bats in the cavern one is ideal for halloween. Any ideas where these "Screensavers" are going ???

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Dec 22, 11 9:05 AM
Bought when offered after another purchase.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Dec 22, 11 9:07 AM
Bought when offered after another purchase.

MomEdie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by MomEdie on Jan 3, 12 3:20 PM
Usually I'm reluctant to 'pan' a game because I realize someone must have put a lot of thought and effort into creating it, and it seems mean to run their work down. But don't consider this one even at a bargain price, it's just not worth your time. Although it was a delight to finally find one that was not totally weird, dark, and spooky, it was too slow loading (and you do have to navigate between locations), the curser actually couldn't be positioned to pick up one of the inventory items no matter what I tried, and when I wanted to exit for a break the only way I could get out was with the Windows control/alternate/delete feature. Forget it, there are too many enjoyable games available to bother with a frustrating time-waster that's a struggle to play.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jan 4, 12 5:05 PM
I got bored almost right away. I hate it when the graphics are so far away in frog and hog games. It hurts my eyes.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Jul 7, 12 10:41 AM
colourful yet the graphics were very small sometimes. music was good. story line was good. challenging puzzles. not my favourite game but well done bfg

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Dec 28, 12 11:40 AM
Momedie I agree.. I hate negative comments and rarely give opinions if I do not like a game ... BUT this was Bad sorry devs... but I amd going to trash it before I go to sleep

Go to: