Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Oct 30, 10 6:49 PM
sonofstar wrote:This is neither the best nor the worst of games I've played.

Sooooo.....tell, tell, tell. What is the best game you've ever played? I haven't played this one yet but do plan on buying it starting Nov.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition

[Post New]by marilynjnorman on Oct 30, 10 7:20 PM
MY COMMENT IS ABOUT THE CLOSING OUT PROCESS FOR THIS GAME. WHEN I CLICK ON "QUIT" I GET A LLLLOOONNNGGGG VIDEO FLASHING THROUGH VARIOUS SCENES! WHEN I CLICK ON THE "QUIT" BUTTON, ITS BECAUSE I NEED TO GET OUT OF THE GAME! AND THIS GOES ON AND ON! IS ANYONE ELSE SEEING THIS OR IS IT A GLITCH ON MY COMPUTER?

ALSO, I AM NOT REAL CRAZY ABOUT THE DRABNESS OF THE SCENES. SO FAR I HAVE NOT GOTTEN INSIDE THE FACILITY, SO THINGS COULD CHANGE THERE. BUT FROM WHAT THIS 'CLOSE OUT' VIDEO IS FLASHING AT ME, IT ISN'T ALL THAT MUCH BETTER INSIDE. I WILL HAVE A THINK BEFORE BUYING THIS ONE. COLLECTOR VERSIONS ARE CHEAP ENOUGH NOW SO I DON'T WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT WAITING FOR THE REGULAR RELEASES.

CHEERS . . .

DOWN UNDER GRANNY

[Post New]by DucatiChick on Oct 30, 10 7:55 PM
:thumbup My kinda game I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!

Kilan8
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Kilan8 on Oct 30, 10 9:44 PM
For me this game was Awesome! Couldn't tell you what the strategy guide was like, I never use them. I like to use the little grey cells and figure this stuff out on my own and it gave me plenty to figure out. If I can't find it, I know I have to search for it and half the fun is in the searching and finding. God I love these games!

Loved the graphics, creepy music and the layout. My problem is once I start these games I have a hard time stopping. Just one more room, or one more object to find and I'm done for the night, but it never happens. Have to see where that next key or door takes me.

Two great games in a row with the Phantom of the Opera. Man I hope the sequels are just a fun.

Give me more of the same. I'm in HOG heaven!

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Oct 31, 10 1:41 PM
CasualGran wrote:
sunloving wrote:How do you early-reviewers do it? Even though I check my email and then BFG right away in the morning, I don't seem to get to playing the new releases until the evening Thankfully many of you play these games immediately and write reviews, so by evening I've made up my mind whether or not to even try them. Good job, everyone, and thanks for saving me time.

I think it has something to do with time differences. Here in Holland it's about 9 in the morning when BF releases the new TGT. So it's not that difficult to play the demo then and write my comment about it.

This works the same of course for all other fishies on this timeline!

CasualGran, you just answered my question too! You, Goofyduck and Cherb are usually the first reviewers on the forum (and three of the best), so I was wondering how you did it. Also wonder where Goofyduck and Cherb are located?

I just started playing the demo, so appreciate all the reviews. I need 3 more games to get my 3 credits next month (no wonder I'm broke), so this one may be it. Will let you know!

JeannieO
Catfish
Catfish
1,663 Posts

[Post New]by JeannieO on Oct 31, 10 2:19 PM
First off THANK YOU to all that comment on the forums I do read and evaluate then I test and decide if its a buy or NOT for me. I was waffling between this CE and Mystery Trackers...I kept going back and forth and in the end I need a game that GRABS me and drags me in ...THIS game did that so I went for it will go for the SE on the other game, I just could not let go of this one ...Yeah its dark, its this or that but it WOULD not let me go so it won the CE purchase and I am going to take my time and enjoy ......Happy Halloween All....and Happy Gaming!!!

I appreciate each and everyone of YOU that take the time to share your opinion

JoJoLavin
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by JoJoLavin on Oct 31, 10 4:20 PM
Just finished the game, and can't remember when I've enjoyed a game this much. After convincing myself to look past the icky factor, great story, I became fully immersed. Well worth getting the Collector's Edition. Great fun.
I WANT MORE!!!

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Oct 31, 10 5:33 PM
Count me in the group that enjoy this game more than the Phantom of the Opera. This is a great game and I feel that it is well worth the CE price. Took me a bit to get around to playing it, but it made for a very happy day of game playing. Kudos to the developers and for the offering!

[Post New]by dogfan100 on Oct 31, 10 5:46 PM
I just downloaded this game, I really like it but it has crashed twice on me and I have had to restart my computer..has anyone else had this problem?? It's just after I put the poison on the sugar and click on the door...

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Nov 1, 10 1:27 PM
This was a great game in every way - excellent interactive adventure, great graphics and a good story to follow. The balance between hidden object, puzzle and adventure was perfect. The challenge level was just right in my opinion also - it kept you thinking and moving. I only used the walkthrough once for the inventory type puzzles, so it was not too difficult in that regard, however I thought the jigsaw/ tile swapping type puzzles were pretty tough - I had to reference the walkthrough on a couple of those to get myself going in the right direction, so I wouldn't get too frustrated and skip anything. It was a pretty long game and was enjoyable on every level - well worth the $. Loved it!

Cissy62
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Cissy62 on Nov 1, 10 4:31 PM
I just bought and downloaded this game. Haven't gotten into it yet. Is there a Walkthrough in case I get stuck for too long?

Thanks!

[Post New]by saleka123 on Nov 1, 10 7:28 PM
This is one of the best games I played in a while. The theme seemed perfect for Halloween!
Buy it...well worth it

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Nov 2, 10 12:31 AM
Cissy62 wrote:I just bought and downloaded this game. Haven't gotten into it yet. Is there a Walkthrough in case I get stuck for too long?

Thanks!

Hi Cissy and welcome to the BF pond.

Do not need a walkthrough as there is a Stratagy Guide included with the game. Oh, you can not use it in the demo. Love Haunted Halls. Nothing is to hard, just hard enough to keep it interesting.

Pat

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 2, 10 3:53 AM
CasualGran wrote:
sunloving wrote:How do you early-reviewers do it? Even though I check my email and then BFG right away in the morning, I don't seem to get to playing the new releases until the evening Thankfully many of you play these games immediately and write reviews, so by evening I've made up my mind whether or not to even try them. Good job, everyone, and thanks for saving me time.

I think it has something to do with time differences. Here in Holland it's about 9 in the morning when BF releases the new TGT. So it's not that difficult to play the demo then and write my comment about it.

This works the same of course for all other fishies on this timeline!
France isn't bad either...for that !!!!!!!!

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Nov 2, 10 9:48 AM
This is overall a good game but for a CE it has an awful sound track. Did they really think we'd like to listen to the same loop over and over again?? And this game developer has a history or making everything sparkle or pulse - like the cursor, notebook, hint, etc. Really very annoying.

[Post New]by Creassie on Nov 2, 10 11:57 AM
Hi There,

Just bought the game and i am stuck with the hungry eel, but i don't know what to give him?
The strategy guide doesn't say anything about it exept that i have to brush it clean...:-)

Can you help me?

Thanks!

Astrid from the Netherlands

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Nov 2, 10 3:54 PM
I'm usually a fan of spooky games, but I'm going to pass on this one. Too many squirmy, slimy creatures for my taste and most of the scenes I played in the demo were also a bit too depressing for me. For those who don't mind those aspects, the game is well done. I found the mini puzzles to be innovative and unique. The graphics certainly portrayed the setting in a fitting way, too. I agree with someone's comment about the music. It got quite monotonous after a while. I feel a much longer "loop" would have been helpful with this feature.

However, it is clear that a lot of work went into this game so you should certainly try it yourself before making a decision.

For those who bought it, Happy Gaming ! !

Classicaljazz

wrath6
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wrath6 on Nov 2, 10 7:53 PM
played the demo and loved the game, there is quite a bit of interacting which i enjoy. this game is the same list with RTR and Dire Grove. so i will be purchasing.

[Post New]by bagbiz on Nov 2, 10 8:00 PM
I am all the way at the end of the game. I am supposed to place the light bulb in the thingamajiggie and go through the door to find a flashing light box. Well, I go through the door and find a wrestling match; no box. I don't want to give any more details since I don't want to spoil it for everyone who hasn't arrived.

This seems to be the final step before I finish the game, and I can't finish the game! The hint tells me there is nothing to do in the strobe light wrestling room. Now I won't be able to conclude the adventure and I won't be able to access the bonus games.

What did I spend all this money for, anyway? I purchased the collector's edition so I would get the strategy guide (which isn't helpful now) and the bonus games, which are not accessible.

Help

[Post New]by bagbiz on Nov 2, 10 8:02 PM
Creassie wrote:Hi There,

Just bought the game and i am stuck with the hungry eel, but i don't know what to give him?
The strategy guide doesn't say anything about it exept that i have to brush it clean...:-)

Can you help me?

Thanks!

Astrid from the Netherlands

Go to: