Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Bloodline of the Fallen: Anna's Sacrifice

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Nov 1, 10 7:41 PM
I did not care for this game. I could not follow the story line. Is it just me?

The graphics were not clear and the red and orange tint made it hard to make out an item. I saw some complaints as to the tint making it hard to find an object. I have a fairly new computer so this is not due to older computers.

I saw a lot of complimentary reviews so this is game is a matter of taste, I guess.

Not a buy for me. Have loved a lot of the recent games that been out though. and love the Big fish Game Site.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Nov 1, 10 8:33 PM
wolfrun_cb1 wrote:This is a very strange game. I can't figure out if I like it or not.

I can't either. I bought it and I am fascinated. However, it is so out of the box it is bizarre. You can't really compare graphics or plot to something like Sarah Swift or any of the other cartoon games, which I really love. I am at a loss as to what to compare it to. I know this does not help a review, but I don't know what else to say. I am committed to following the story and see where it leads. In my mind, this is not an easy or relaxing game for the end of the day. It is one to play when you have just gotten up and had your first cup of extremely good coffee. I have never played anything like this....... Happy gaming.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Nov 1, 10 8:36 PM
PPistol wrote:My first impression brought a big WOW! I've never seen any game like this and I think it's intriguing and had to buy it just to see where it went next. Not your usual game because it involves thought AND sighting objects. Un-freakin-real !!!!
Thank you for a game that is truly OUT OF THE BOX !!

Totally agree.....

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 1, 10 8:39 PM
VTCT wrote:Why do people have to write such long review or comment. Can't people learn that most people quite reading after the first paragraph.

Most people? Actually, I think most people prefer to know WHY someone likes or dislikes a game, and that takes more than a sentence or two. I'd rather read a long review than endless posts of "This sucks" or "Boring" or "Terrible game." If you want to stop reading after the first paragraph, go right ahead - but please don't discourage those who write detailed reviews that the rest of us appreciate.

cll026497
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by cll026497 on Nov 1, 10 8:49 PM
This is a no buy for me, I tried to get into it, and yes I am one who loves the occult and paranormal stories but I really could not get into it.

Good luck to those who enjoy it, maybe if it comes up DD one day I will buy it

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Nov 1, 10 9:43 PM
Seeking more game info, decided to check that review site G.....o. They gave it and one-half . They also cited some of the same issues we have here.
After playing a continuation of my trial on another game site, 2 hours was enough to bring me back to to Buy .
I haven't run into any glitches yet. I did feel some items were too tiny, but for *me and my eyes only* it's workable this time. My eyes, JMHO. I can't even count all the games I've missed out on because my eyes said no way to the graphics, yet those games went on to be best sellers. That Isis game comes to my mind LOL.
Game length, no idea. I'm a slow player, so my progress in 2 hours would be meaningless to many others. Maybe a walkthrough will shed some light.
As many have said, love it or hate it. Either way, if you're looking for something truly different, this game fits that description perfectly!
Kellie

Edited on 11/01/2010 at 11:18:35 PM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 1, 10 10:56 PM
VTCT wrote:Why do people have to write such long review or comment. Can't people learn that most people quite reading after the first paragraph.

Sorry to add to the dissent. Some of the fishies in the pond, take the time to write an indepth review to help others. In the past there has been requests for some reviewers to keep to their full review. I suggest that you just read the first paragraph and the rest of us will read the full review. LOL! Please keep it up reviewers!!! Just MHO.

[Post New]by chrisj666 on Nov 1, 10 11:09 PM
This game is CHILDISH at best. What a waste of time. How do the people who design games like this see the FANTASTIC games Big Fish offers and still come up with such immature game designs?

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 1, 10 11:35 PM

I guess this is piling on but, I couldn't let this comment pass me without another dissent.
You really don't speak for "most people", VTCT. Maybe just the less literate.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 2, 10 3:38 AM
chrisj666 wrote:This game is CHILDISH at best. What a waste of time. How do the people who design games like this see the FANTASTIC games Big Fish offers and still come up with such immature game designs?

It may have something to do with the amount of money available for game development. I think some of these games may be developed by small groups of people who want to break into the industry and don't have the finances like an established studio such as BF does. I am saying this merely as a supposition and in no way claim it is a fact.

I am not saying that I liked this game overall, but I did like that they tried to come up with some new, innovative mini games and largely succeeded, in my opinion. Also, they tried to be innovative with the HOG part of the game as well, which I also liked. What I didn't like too much were the graphics (a bit too fuzzy and monotone for my taste) nor did I think too much of the story. Okay, to be honest, I totally didn't understand the story one bit, so perhaps I'm not too bright, but those were the points of the game I disliked.

ETA: Oh, no... my demo time ran out!!! I want to keep playing... so I guess I am revising my comment a bit. The gameplay is really fun and I want to finish the game, so...

Edited on 11/02/2010 at 4:13:58 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 2, 10 3:43 AM
jkuci wrote:

I guess this is piling on but, I couldn't let this comment pass me without another dissent.
You really don't speak for "most people", VTCT. Maybe just the less literate.

To read or not to read, that is the question...
I think some of them are quite long too VTCT and I lose interest - so I just skip those!
I still appreciate the time they put into trying to inform others about a game - it's nice they want to do that.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Nov 2, 10 4:46 AM
sinshack wrote:
kdubs wrote:
Here's to everyone finding the perfect game, very soon!

Unfortunately, finding the "perfect" game is nearly impossible when the comments in recent forums (games in the last month or so) complained that games were:

Too hard
Too easy
Objects too easy to find
Objects to hard to find
Subject matter too dark
Subject matter must have been made for kids because it isn't dark enough
Too like other games
Too different from other games
Too much hand-holding
Too hard to figure out what to do next
Annoying click penalties
Lack of click penalties means you can just click anywhere until you hit the spot
Grapics too grainy
Graphics too cartoon-y
Objects out of proportion (ie. 3 foot high paperclip)
Objects proportionally sized (weensy paperclips)

That kind of makes it hard for the developers to create a "one sizze fits all" perfect game, but there seems to be something for everyone somewhere!

Excellent, Sinshack. Yes, there is something for everyone and not everyone is going to be happy with every new game. We just need to pick and choose what's best for us. And on another note, I love the long reviews, especially Goofyduck, Casualgran and Cherb. They give me a lot of background on what to expect before I demo the game. Keep it up!

van60
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by van60 on Nov 2, 10 6:31 AM
Thought this was an incredibly boring game..not one redeeming feature to it..couldn't even be bothered to finish playing the demo before uninstalling!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Nov 2, 10 9:21 AM

I'm curious, how do you know "most" quit? If you quit, that's your right,
but please don't try to discourage those who write the "in-depth" reviews
I like so much.

amazonkes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by amazonkes on Nov 2, 10 9:42 AM

I appreciate the long reviews very much. Ones that simple remark "hated it, it's crap" or Loved it, YAY!" , yet nothing more, do not help me decide how to spend my money here.

I actually read ALL the postings in the "COMMENTS AND REVIEWS" thread. I usually trust my fellow gamers and lean on them for solid input. I like to know if it's the storyline they love/hate, or the graphics, or the gameplay style, because it helps me know if a game is something I want to even demo.

For instance, this game seems to be gathering in such incredibly disparate reviews - for such a variety of reasons - that it actually intrigues me enough to want to try it, and "love/hate" it for myself.

In this era of Twitter and sound bites and abbreviated texting, I am grateful that there are people who still know how to use expository vocabulary, and that there are still people who still know how to read it with discernment.

To all the pond dwellers who take the time to be specific in their reviewing and comments: Be assured there are many of us who rarely post but read your entries faithfully. THANK YOU!

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Nov 2, 10 12:10 PM
I lasted a minute and knew right away the subject matter was just too dark for me to want anything to do with this game.

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Nov 2, 10 3:21 PM
Someone said you either love it or hate it! I did not care for it one bit, far too dark even though I adjusted the brightness in the options, it seemed to have no effect. For such nice graphics it was too murky to find the objects, it may have had something to do with the brightness, rooms with windows were all washed out.
Nonetheless, not my kind of game, too much chatter and a bit glitchy with the cursor.

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Nov 2, 10 4:18 PM
I lasted 18 minutes!

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Nov 2, 10 4:33 PM
And here I was playing away and it just got weirder and weirder. I thought it was me, but this must be the strangest game I have ever seen. The cursor is jumpy and you cannot change to a normal one which usually helps and I have just upgraded my video card. Apart from that it is interesting to see what comes next. To buy or not to buy? not sure yet.

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Nov 2, 10 5:21 PM
amazonkes wrote:

I appreciate the long reviews very much. Ones that simple remark "hated it, it's crap" or Loved it, YAY!" , yet nothing more, do not help me decide how to spend my money here.

I actually read ALL the postings in the "COMMENTS AND REVIEWS" thread. I usually trust my fellow gamers and lean on them for solid input. I like to know if it's the storyline they love/hate, or the graphics, or the gameplay style, because it helps me know if a game is something I want to even demo.

For instance, this game seems to be gathering in such incredibly disparate reviews - for such a variety of reasons - that it actually intrigues me enough to want to try it, and "love/hate" it for myself.

In this era of Twitter and sound bites and abbreviated texting, I am grateful that there are people who still know how to use expository vocabulary, and that there are still people who still know how to read it with discernment.

To all the pond dwellers who take the time to be specific in their reviewing and comments: Be assured there are many of us who rarely post but read your entries faithfully. THANK YOU!

Well said, Amazonkes. I, too, am among those who rarely post but appreciate the work of those who present us with extended, informative reviews. Thank you all for the time you take to do that.

Go to: