3 Days Amulet Secret

[Post New]by tamikb on Nov 5, 10 1:47 PM
Can download the game but not play, took 3 mins to load only 1/3 of the way. Wouldnt load completely. Really wanted to play

goldens
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for 3 Days - Amulet Secret

[Post New]by goldens on Nov 5, 10 3:33 PM
I am about 3/4 through this game, and have find it to be quite enjoyable. The story line and artwork aren't high on my praise list, but I'm really enjoying the wide assortment of puzzles as well as appreciating the length of the game.
I have to admit that when I read the first review about animal sacrifices, my inclination was to by pass on the demo. What changed my mind was remembering how much I had enjoyed the first "3 Days" game. So glad I went ahead because, as mentioned earlier, an animal sacrifice never takes place & the setting was in the 1600's at Stonehenge.
This game may not be in the league of RTR or Phantom Of The Opera, but it is worth the purchase.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Nov 5, 10 6:39 PM
i would like to applaud those of you who give us a full run-down... i would much rather have someone tell me a little about the game and the things that they themselves either liked or disliked and maybe even a little bit of the why, than to simply say "ugh! this game sucks!" or "wow! this game rocks!"

now for some wind of my own...

first off, i have to say that i am a realore fan - love jane!! so i knew that the graphics were going to be clear and the game would be easy to navigate.... they do so have the system down!

i will agree that the opening HOG sequence showing the druids at stonehenge may not be to the tastes of many of our fishies, but i have to say: while it may not be our cup of tea, it happened... am i proud of the raping and pillaging centurions committed for the 'progress' of rome?? no, but it's one step to why i'm where i am today and speak english... if the romans hadn't tramped all over the britons, lord knows what the world would look like today...

that said - anna - my first question, which may be answered as i progress in the game: how the >smack< did she end up in a dig in tibet if she was hit by a car in egypt just the day before?? i'm thinking that if i get hit by a car, my first thought is to find out how i can get home and get there - memory fogged or not!

game play is nicely mixed - finding items, placing items, building stuff, working puzzles... it's nice to see something that is as much IHOG as puzzle as adventure... at first i wasn't sure if i was going to like it, but when i got into it and saw that it was really just all over the map - i had a change of heart!

and as i have a game coupon getting ready to expire, i think i may just have to use it!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

3 Days Amulet Secret

[Post New]by ember89 on Nov 5, 10 6:42 PM
tamikb wrote:Can download the game but not play, took 3 mins to load only 1/3 of the way. Wouldnt load completely. Really wanted to play

this has happened to me only a couple of times, but i find the usual fix is to simply uninstall the game from your computer and then attempt to reinstall it... if you are still having trouble, send a message via to BFG customer support and they will surely help! they're really great!

have fun

onlybec
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by onlybec on Nov 6, 10 9:02 AM
Belladonna32 wrote:
Goofyduck,

If you are prepared to take the time and effort to review the games in this depth then I don't see why anyone should complain; it's not as if reading them is compulsory! For my own part I find them useful when it is a game which may be of interest and if it's not then I don't need to read it.
Please continue, I certainly appreciate all the reviews.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Nov 7, 10 2:18 PM
:The load time on this game is particularly long, but it does eventually come up. I'm not sure if it's because I'm on Windows 7 or not. I like this game. I like when HOGs have multiple game plays, i.e. silhouttes, actual object, matching object. I also enjoy the mini games. I think on the demo I got through 5 or 6 levels, and with 29 levels it is a long game so well worth the purchase price. This game is a definite buy for me. The graphics are good and the objects are medium difficulty.

Also, I'd just like to say that I really add my comments here so that if I come back to a game I didn't buy, I can look here at what I thought of it, instead of trying to remember what I thought about it originally. I skim read other reviews for additional input and have found that goofyduck gives really good game reviews, which are much appreciated by me.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 8, 10 12:52 AM
phatkhat wrote:Thanks for the comments about sacrificing cats (and dogs). I will not even download this one. I'm in a pretty poor frame of mind right now, anyway, and I don't need to find dead animals in a game.

Back to the November Fairway Solitaire Challenge!!
I believe one mustn't get over touchy about that.You find the animals but in no way you see or do a thing, all the priests are gathered and you leave the scene. Shame this would prevent people from trying the game as it's a very good one. ( I love animals, I've got to cats, I ride, have a donkey and a pony as well and I'm a member of the "Société Protectrice des Animaux - SPA" so I'm in no way mischievous with animals, in fact I protect them. You should spent one day in the equivalent of SPA, look after cats or dogs, if you have the nerve you will carry on going, as there, you may be truely helpful to animals, it's easy to just skip a game, not to act in real life

wyldrkat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wyldrkat on Nov 9, 10 6:44 AM
Thanks all for the reviews. I am glad I looked (as others have said) here before buying. A game should not be able to make light of animal sacrifice (since it is a game it is making light of it just by being a game). I have been a big part of animal rescue for a number of years and find it horrifying that a GAME would make it acceptable. I know some of you will say "it is just a game" but that is what makes it worse. I don't play games that ask me to kill another human either. I firmly believe that when we create a game and incorporate into it something which is morally wrong, we knock down those moral barriers and create an environment where it is okay to do these things. How long till these things move from the game to real life?

crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by crabbycat on Nov 11, 10 1:50 PM
Goofyduck...don't listen to the ones complaining about the length of your reviews. I, along with many other, appreciate them. As said by others, at least I can kind of determine whether or not the game might interest me...and not just read that someone says.."it sucks" I haven't tried this one yet..maybe I will. But even if I don't at least I will have some idea of what is in store. Thanks!!

[Post New]by dilliedallie01 on Nov 12, 10 3:07 PM
I just did the download for this game, and based on the review{s} from Goofyduck, I have found that I not only look forward to them but I hope that there is one ..lol... Thank You so very much for an outstanding review IMHO, Some like me lack the words on how to give a detailed review, and that is the reason I buy or don't buy {unless it is an absolute buy from the gate} ...Please keep up the excellent reviews, I truly get a kick out of all...Sincerely Dillie I guess some people just need a and or a and maybe even a chill pill

P.S. I know that I've needed a chill{er} on occasion and only had wished I had one ..lol..

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Nov 18, 10 8:32 AM
The grapihcs are lovely. The gameplay is straight HOG. There are minigames which you can skip to go to a HOG game. You can't skip the HOG game, as the skip button gives you hints instead. There is a penalty for random clicking, but it takes a lot of clicks. The storyline is unique and interesting. Yes they do refer to animal sacrifice, but you don't see it. I was surprised and upset when my hour demo finished.

This game is an A-.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Nov 19, 10 6:37 AM
slow and ponderous. no sale here

Gird
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by Gird on Nov 20, 10 8:46 PM
Hi goofyduck,
Just wanted to add that I too appreciate your thorough reviews. They save a lot of time in downloading things I won't like and point me towards the ones I will. Ignore your detractors. Your thoroughness is terrific.

CLEMONSTWAIN
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by CLEMONSTWAIN on Nov 24, 10 2:22 AM
Not a buy for me.
Beautiful graphics, pleasing music and sounds but a storyline that is so bizarre...!!
In 40 minutes Demo time I assisted with the creation of Stonehenge, a Druid ceremony requiring the procurement of sacrificial animals, fast forwarded to an Indiana Jones type archaeologist who makes McGyver look like a piker. I have reassembled crumbled statues, solved hieroglyphics, completed a couple HOGs and left when it was time for me to create a water well from discarded articles.
All this and the story has yet to truly begin. Oh, come to think of it I do remember amulets being mentioned a couple of times. Plot structure is an important factor when creating a storyline. Beautiful graphics and pleasing music doesn't mean ignore the story,
I read multiple negative reactions to the animal sacrifice reference and I'm sure in time there will be Harry Potter/Cult/Evil storyline comparisons. If you play Amulet thinking it will be another day at your Uncle's zoo you will be bitterly disappointed.
There are so many great games offered on the BF site this one will be an easy pass for me. In fact, if you like everything about "Amulet" BUT the story, I suggest you try the predecessor to Amulet Secrets, 3 Days: Zoo Mystery. You'll find it under the HOG listings.
I quit the Demo to come out and read your forum opinions. Be they long or short I appreciate the time and effort you put into your postings. I love our ability to "agree to disagree" on the forum and then make a judgment whether to spend our or not.
I realize it is personal preference but today, the remains in my pocket.

Edited on 11/24/2010 at 2:26:01 AM PST

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Nov 28, 10 2:38 PM
I really was looking forward to playing this game but like others I find it very difficult to do with the flashing lights !What a put down! Well ,to the ones with good eyesight Enjoy!

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by hannah233 on Dec 9, 10 6:34 PM
puzzledone wrote:
margatonian wrote:Wonderful Review Goofyduck !!!!
I always read your reviews they are so detailed and informative, don't take any notice of the negative comments that have been posted in the last few days ,we really appreciate your time and efforts !!!!
Margatonian

sirhc56
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sirhc56 on Dec 15, 10 12:18 AM
Would you feel any different if it was a waste of BAD money?

TxTJ
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by TxTJ on Jul 29, 11 12:25 PM
I'm really enjoying this game. It's not super challenging, but sometimes I don't want to be challenged! :o) I like this type of adventure game (also a fan of Avenue Flo); wish there were more!

I'm having a problem with Level 14 on this game though - there is no dialogue from the characters, just gameplay. I even closed it and reopened to see if it would work, and it didn't. Has this happened to anyone else?

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 22, 14 12:19 PM
Today's DD:

I love creepy and eerie but I have to admit that sacrificing cats and dogs crosses the line with me. I won't even demo this game, much less think about purchasing it.

Those are my own feelings and I don't believe that anyone who doesn't find this to be a problem is evil or wrong. We all have different tastes which is why BF offers so many different types of games.

Happy gaming!!

Go to: