Wayner33
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: The Void

[Post New]by Wayner33 on May 29, 11 5:56 PM
I really liked this game. Good story, good graphics, and the music does not interfere with the game like some games.
I have to admit that I did cheat a little. Some of those puzzles were hard.
A long but enjoyable game. I especially enjoyed it since I got it free as a premium for buying two games in one month..

Edited on 05/29/2011 at 5:57:47 PM PST

bookworm42
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm42 on Jun 10, 11 2:31 PM
another really good game.just finished playing mystery trackers raincliffe and this is promising to be almost as good. a bit easier than raincliff (maybe a bit too easy in places). definite value for money

allibee4d
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by allibee4d on Jun 13, 11 10:01 AM
So whole-heartedly agree. LOVED this game - absolutely brilliant! You really get your money's worth with this one, it just keeps going and going and going. You know how some games seem to finish abruptly, or shorter than expected? This one exceeds expectactions, provides real hidden object enjoyment and stretches your investigative like none that I've played in a long while. Excellent! A must play More please! Well done BigFishGames

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Jun 15, 11 9:34 AM
Brilliant!!!
I played Raincliff and was told by some fishes to try The Void. I'm glad I did!! The game just went on and on. Excellent graphics and puzzles.
I'm quite proud of myself, I took my time and completed all the puzzles and didn't use Mr Frog (sorry mr frog). I got all my achievements .
No timer, no limits on clicking, very enjoyable. The journal was very useful when I was a bit stuck, and did use the walkthrough twice.
All in all an excellent long game and well worth the money

SeaDreams
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by SeaDreams on Jun 23, 11 11:30 PM
Just finished, it was a great game! Reminded me of MCF games in the HOG scenes which I love! I skipped some puzzles and used the frog several times to figure out where to go. Thank you Devs and for the generous hint frog and skip button on puzzles, I know some of you wish they weren't there but I like the choice of using them or not. Now off to try the demo for Raincliff!

Wakame
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by Wakame on Jul 20, 11 10:04 AM
Fantastic game! Wonderful value for money and very satisfying to play. Finished it two days ago and immediately changed my id and played it again!!

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Aug 10, 11 7:36 PM
This may have been an older game, but both Mystery Trackers I played were excellento. Long, long, long. Good story line, difficult but not too difficult H O scenes, a lot of thinking and interaction on your part, graphics fine, music unobtrusive. My only problem were those *&%( puzzles. Skipped almost all of them; man, they were impossible.

But if any of you are thinking of getting this to fill up your last punch on your punch card, or because it comes out as a DD, it is worth every dime of the original $6.99, so don't hesitate if you like mystery hidden objects with a lot of interaction and challenging puzzles in a game that seems to last forever!

Have a good gaming day, and quite a few good gaming days if you get this one!

[Post New]by Hermit_Fishy on Sep 1, 11 2:00 PM
I have been playing BFG for a while now. Thought I would give this game a review as my first post since I have gone through RTR, Dire Grove and a few others. I liked the length of the game. I spaced it over a few days because I like to take things slowly.

Likes: Clear HOG scenes and cleverly placed items, nice graphics, interesting story with a bit of a twist. Finding multiple instances of items ie: 5 birds or 6 sets of keys etc...Most of the puzzles were challenging but not to the extent that you will be throwing stuff at the monitor, popping ibprophen or hovering your mouse over the "skip" button. I only had to skip one puzzle but that was because It was 2:30 in the morning after I had worked a 12-hour shift, and I wanted to get to the next area before bed.

Dislikes: Not being able to go back through the scenes once you completed a chapter. However, if you play this, you will see that it is actually necessary because of the way you access some areas later in the game. If you could "back track" they would have to get creative about how it advanced near the end the way it is set up.
Some of the items in the HOG scenes are a bit small. Those of you with screens smaller than 17" or better, BYOMG (bring your own magnifying glass) That is my new acronym that I would like to introduce to the pond.

Overall, it was a good game. I always turn down the music and up the sound effects, so I can't comment on the sound track too much. For me, it's a keeper that I will probably play again with my kids.

bahrnone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re The Void

[Post New]by bahrnone on Sep 5, 11 12:10 PM
Just finished the game and I had a BLAST. It was challenging yet really fun. The plot is interesting and flows very well. Can not wait for the next Mystery Tracker. This ranks in my top 5 for sure. ENCORE.....ENCORE....

stephensol1
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by stephensol1 on Oct 22, 11 11:32 AM
great game, I'm surprised it's a dd

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Oct 23, 11 10:38 PM
Finally finished it and I'm so disappointed. At finishing it, I didn't want it to be over. LOVED Mr. Toad, ended up taking a photo of him to send to my daughter. It was also nice how they handled the monsters and animals. Some objects were too small or obscure, but overall I didn't mind. I got to click on Mr. Toad.

I want to rush right into buying the next one, but am holding off until I see if it comes up as a DD this month. Since I already have two punch cards filled it's a given that I will own it soon.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Oct 26, 11 4:32 PM
Just finished the game - love it! Only odd thing is I got all the acheivments but 2:
20 **** scenes with no hint (got lazy) and not sure what the one under that is. Sure was fun, though. BUT I still have blank places in the notebook so guess I'll wait a while then play again!!

CelticCoco

BluesyBlue
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by BluesyBlue on Nov 24, 11 1:25 AM
I always play Big Fish games with my wife, so the reviews are usually two for the price of one. ^^

So let's make it simple, I give you the Good the Bad and the Conclusion:

+ The visuals are mostly real good. Even something that stands out animation vice.
+ Sounds were alright. Does it's job, creates the atmosphere.
+ The storyline is actually quite interesting. Lots of info for those who love to read every lil detail from your notebook.
+ Lots to play.

- Too... linear.
- Obviousness of the progress (not story vice).
- A bit too easy puzzles.

THE CONCLUSION
I was about to give 3 stars to this one, but decided to actually pump it up to 4 because of one; the current price slash and two; once you finish the game, you actually do feel a bit better about the game.

With my last review with Haunted Halls: Fears from Childhood, the journey was great, but ending dissapointing. Things went other way around this time. We had really hard time getting into the story and adventuring for the first half of the playtime. The items were so very very easy to put in their rightful places and it just wasn't that interesting. Thankfully, things started to get more complicated towards the end. With the storyline (which ended up being actually real nice and rewarding in the end) and also with the puzzle difficulty level.

It's still... a solid good game. It just didn't offer something that would leave us remembering this one that fondly afterwards. I wish that you would get more items at once and you really have to scratch your head when to use them. Also, when the story is not set into something completely scifi or fantasy - and I mean really far out something odd - I don't want to find items in completely nonsense places and be told exactly what to do. "Hmm, okay, the text up there says: The wall here is bricked. I wish I had DYNAMITE!" So I go to the room next to me and ooooh... there's dynamite sticking out from a ventilation system.

Alright fair enough, I should probably say that this game is probably more suitable for more casual group and for those who don't need those Master Expert Detective difficulty challenges. (Not referring to myself and trying to boost my ego, says the person who got stuck for the longest time in Escape from Ravenhearst, right in the beginning.)

Don't wanna nag about this one too much, but just saying. ^^
Captain S. Imple Obvious, signing out.

Edited on 11/24/2011 at 11:53:22 PM PST

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Nov 29, 11 4:34 AM
Very enjoyable game, starts of a little slow, but you are greatly rewarded if you persist, and if you persist, the story is interesting & has some unusual twists. The graphics are lovely, but the music is a bit monotonous, although for the majority of games I turn the music right down, so not a huge deal. The game also includes challenging hidden object searches, & creative mini-games.

Overall a pleasurable game.

[Post New]by moopat on Dec 3, 11 8:29 AM
I am not happy at all with the game. Must of got a bad one. Stuck at the car with putting the bodies of the dolls together to get the key for the trunk. I can't get any further because that mini game is stuck. I finished that mini one and I move on and the info and skip game stays. Very disappointed

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 9, 12 8:41 AM
I can not believe, I waited for this game to be on sale for 2.99 and I got my money worth 100%, the game is challenging, not too short at all, plenty of HOS is an adventure game and the graphics are beautiful.

Fantastic game.

[Post New]by Bellecarta on Mar 4, 12 2:22 AM
I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this game! The puzzles were great and there is about an even weightage between HOG scenes and puzzles. While some of the HOG scenes were junkpiles, the objects you have to find are all quite clearly visible. I didn't have to squint to spot them. The visuals for this game was beautiful. Nothing too gloomy and I loved all the different locales you ended up visiting.

I did get a bit scared at times - especially when the Teddy Bear started singing but it really added to the atmosphere of the game. The best thing about this game is that its longer than most HOGs. I think I took about 6 hours to complete and I really enjoyed reading all the different portions of the story line as you collect them in the journal. Very good mystery game and satisfying ending.

Also wanted to mention, the game fit very nicely on my widescreen monitor. There was no lag and everything ran smoothly.

sammi21
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by sammi21 on Mar 8, 12 5:07 AM
Excellent game...Easy to follow and lots of help if needed....Walkthrough not necessary...GREAT value for money.....I wish it did'nt end....All good....Thanx...

[Post New]by blackelephant on May 18, 12 3:59 PM
I totally loved this game, not for the corny storyline but for the mini games, they were challenging and sometimes quite hard. I loved it!

mpg1
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by mpg1 on Jun 26, 12 1:41 PM
I really liked this game, good graphics. The length of it almost felt like a CE game. Lots to do.! Surprise ending!

Go to: