Smile41
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Tulula: Legend of a Volcano

[Post New]by Smile41 on Nov 22, 10 1:37 PM
pepitogo26 wrote:Too cute a game for me but I am wondering why no one's comment has mentioned how long it takes to "load" each segment! I have the speediest internet available and I was able to do a couple of chores before I came back top the PC and the segment was still loading!! For that reason alone it is not worth playing.

I heard that they will be releasing an update to fix this loading issue some time this week. Once out it will be available to you via the game manager (I suppose).

shinsudragon
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by shinsudragon on Nov 24, 10 7:12 AM
I guess I'm a young child at heart. I really enjoyed the game, it was very different and fun going. It was a big change from the other BF games and I get lots of BF games, and this one was up there with the rest of them. If you make a second one, I'd play it too!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Nov 28, 10 7:35 PM
LOVE...LOVE...LOVE...this Sooo CUTE, charming gem of a game, that is so unique in EVERY way !!
It's bright, beautiful and just plain FUN to play, I don't think I have ever smiled so much when playing a game, what a GREAT imagination these developers have !!
Having something completely different to play, is just what I needed, and I am so enjoying the game play, this one has to offer, it lifts your spirits and makes you feel good.
Everything about it is unique, and I get a surprise with every level, just waiting to see what I get to do next, kudo's to the developers, I was getting a little bored, so THANKS so much, for bringing us this, rewarding feel good masterpiece.
This game brings, happy positive energy, to the player, if you want to feel good, this is a must try...IMHO..just what the doctor ordered !!
I'm not finished the game yet, but so far, I give it 5 ..and a ..and wouldn't hesitate to buy any future games, these awesome developers put out, MORE please .
And this comes from someone who loves, the dark, twisted and more bizzare the better, games...but I love this one also....SoooooCUTE !!
If this is a kids game, than I guess I am just a BIG kid, I don't have a problem with that.... ...out :-)

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Nov 30, 10 3:27 PM
This game is like a breath of fresh air . At first I thought this game is for the Kiddies, then I kept on playing and was thorougly in to it. The puzzles are different from your regular HOG. Fun and uplifting from all the find your brother, father, and lost in the castle routine. Plus the ending seems to be interesting will they find love or will they? "Hmmmmmm!" Definitely a buy for me. I guess it's just the kid in me. Lov'in it!

[Post New]by TheGatorlady on Nov 30, 10 9:30 PM
This is a delightful, fun, friendly, colorful, and relaxing game. It is perfect for family fun. The puzzles were not frustrating or too challenging. I'm use to the tougher, darker-themed games, so this was a great change for me. I'd recommend it to anyone for a break from the usual hidden object games.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Dec 2, 10 3:41 PM
Overall Impression: a decent. well-made game that, for the most part, I enjoyed playing.

Media Description: The graphics are whimsical, clear, bright, and colorful. Some people might find the colors to be a bit too bright for their eyes. The music was ok, but not inspiring. There were times when I felt like it didn't fit with the mood of the scene I was playing. There were no voiceovers.

Storyline: Basically you're helping a shaman to break a curse and rebuild a village. Thanks to a glitch near the end, I didn't get to play the entire game; but I thought the storyline was ok for the part I did get to play. My only complaint there would be that I felt like it was a bit disjointed.

Gameplay: pretty straightforward and easy to follow. Each level consisted of a couple of scenes with pop-up FROG areas (click on an object and discover how many objects you have to find in the scene to make that object active) and one traditional HOG scene

HOG Scenes: The HOG scenes were items-scattered-around-the-room style rather than being junkpiles. They weren't very difficult, but I did have to spend a bit of time looking. I don't remember there being any penalties for misclicks, but it's been a couple of days since I played it so I could be wrong about that.

Minigames/puzzles: The minigames and puzzles seemed to fit into the game fairly well and weren't too difficult. I can't remember if you could skip them or not.

Hints: The hint system was unlimited and refilled fairly quickly.

Will Probably Appeal to: People who like a whimsical element to their games, people who enjoy pop-up FROGs

Will Probably Not Appeal to: People who prefer realistic graphics, lots of HOG scenes, and no FROGs of any kind

Edited on 12/02/2010 at 3:41:23 PM PST

[Post New]by treefroggle on Dec 7, 10 7:42 AM
I happened to like this game because it didn't have a dark side, like most games now days. I didn't mind that my kids were sitting watching me, and helping me. And once I figured out that right clicking dropped things, I loved it that much more. I didn't have the loading problems like a lot of people have said they had. I hope that they go ahead and make the sequel.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Dec 7, 10 10:04 AM
The graphics are bright, colorful and well done. The gameplay is fantastic, varied and the mini games are part of the overall game rather than side ventures that have nothing to do with the main game. The storyline is darling. This is a charming fun game that is enjoyable.

This game is an A+.

hangel1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by hangel1 on Dec 12, 10 9:30 PM
i Loved this game. It was really different. AND NOT impossible for me to play. I am 59 years old and don't need all those other games that stress me out. This is more my style! I hope they come out with more like them. I am not saying it was an easy game either, but just not impossible. Thanks for the enjoyable time.

Hangel

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Dec 15, 10 8:55 AM
Only just finished playing this (been away on holiday). I just have to say what a charming game this is. So many things to do I wasn't bored for a second. Graphics were lovely and I enjoyed the characters also. I didn't have any loading problems. Can't wait for next instalment. Kudos to developers for a unique and imaginative game.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Dec 23, 10 5:14 PM
I loved this game! Beautiful, colorful South American-style art style for the characters and buildings and varied locations of jungle, desert, snowy mountain, undersea, etc. FROG/HOG scenes were on the easy, but not completely obvious, and the mini-games were simple, but fun. The music was really good and fit in perfectly with the artwork. There's a lot of humour in the story, which I appreciated.

Looked bad in the screenshots so I almost didn't demo this game, but after reading all the glowing reviews I tried it out, and it looks so much nicer full screen.

[Post New]by patriciablake on Dec 31, 10 3:31 AM
It is a simple game which is okay, but it took forever to load up and again load up again between the next adventure. Would have liked more time playing and less time waiting for the game to get going.

Smile41
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Smile41 on Dec 31, 10 6:25 AM
patriciablake wrote:It is a simple game which is okay, but it took forever to load up and again load up again between the next adventure. Would have liked more time playing and less time waiting for the game to get going.

this issue has been dealt with in the updated version, which, bfg, will hopefully make available soon.

[Post New]by curlieq30188 on Jan 23, 11 7:45 PM
I adore this game. I played it all in one sitting with no frustrations and screaming at the screen. I thought it would be lame but it was sooooo good.The graphics are so cute and it's just wonderful. Yay. I hope they get the next one out like super fast!

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jun 6, 11 7:17 PM
Give this one a chance. I thought "what a waste" when I started it BUT kept on a little while and I AM HAVING FUN WITH THIS ONE! It is not for kids - honest! It is not all that easy either. It is a challange but I have stayed away from the walk-through and it is charming and clever. I appreciate the developers for sticking with this one for sure. Beautiful scenery even though make-believe. I am a real fan of Settlement Collosus and some fans reccommended this one to me. It is unique as well as Settlement but not at all the same. Fun!!

[Post New]by Sookysunky on Jun 11, 11 6:04 AM
I use this website primarily to get games to play with my 5-year-old daughter, since I don't really have time to play games for myself. There were many fun games, but this was BY FAR OUR FAVORITE GAME. We will play it again and again!

Sometimes there are games that are directed toward kids that appeal to adults. I was reading Little House on the Prairie to my daughter, having not read it since I myself was a child, and found myself reading ahead because it was so good. Many things that are well done have universal appeal regardless of the target audience.

I read through this whole thread hoping someone would list a few games similar to this one, and was disappointed that no one had. Perhaps it stands alone...

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Finally played it and so glad I did...

[Post New]by mycatluna on Jun 15, 11 5:21 PM
It took me awhile to get around to playing this game after I bought it. I tried it once and just couldn't get into it. I went back to it a second time yesterday and had an absolute blast. It can appeal to a wide range of audiences-the puzzles are on the easier side but it's nice to just sit back and relax with a game for awhile without having to put one's thinking cap on.

It's bright and colorful,the graphics are cartoon style but done very well. The characters and locations are very creatively done and I found myself having a really good time playing it overall. In fact, I found myself smiling throughout the game at the fun elements to it and the humor in the dialogue.

The story-line is very decent overall and it's a great added bonus to be able to 'rebuild' the village with the experience points you earn AND to earn achievements as you go along.

The length was impressive. I took my time, didn't use hints, read all the dialogue and I spent a pretty solid 4-5 hours on this one, with only a few short breaks in-between.

This is a game I wasn't sure I would like but was pleasantly surprised and glad that I gave it a second chance. Now I cannot WAIT for the sequel!!

It brings out the lighter side in all of us and I just cannot give the developers enough kudos for the very creative and colorful game they designed. It is obvious that they spent a lot of time working on this and paid close attention to detail as the game flowed very smoothly. Normally I'm not a big fan of FROGs. but this contains a nice blend and everything you pick-up has a purpose which is a HUGE plus in my book.

Excellent job development team-you've got a fan here and am eagerly awaiting the next installment!

[Post New]by paddington43 on Sep 3, 11 3:45 AM
I really enjoyed this game...the graphics are good, the dialogs funny and gameplay relaxing.... Sometimes I just need to sit back and let my inner child take over. : ) My only frustration is how do you get all of the badges???!!! LOL Answers PLEASE!!!! LOL

[Post New]by sela1562 on Oct 14, 11 4:29 PM
I finally bought this game after having the expired trial version sitting in the GM for months. Looking at the walkthrough, I've only completed about 1/3 of the game, and that was after playing the trial twice, skipping the tutorial and finding things easier on the second go round. This is definitely going to be a worthwhile purchase.

I absolutely love the graphics. Can't wait to start playing it again.

P.S. Combining the numbers of my age, I'm either 13 or 4.

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jan 6, 12 12:55 PM
This is such a delightful game you can just wile away the hours with the light hearted music & the wonderful colours....no scary things in this game that's for sure & if you're a TM lover at least you get to re-build the village!
A real pleasure!

Go to: