lindimae
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 11/24/2010 5:30 P

[Post New]by lindimae on Nov 27, 10 7:19 AM
hAVE SAT FOR HOURS TRYING TO MOVE GOBLETS,FINALLY DOWNLOADING NEW VERSION SO HOPE IT WORKS. oH, HOW DO YOU GET INTO THE CELLAR AT THE TAVERN?

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 11/24/2010 5:30 P

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 27, 10 9:34 AM
You need to get the key from the bartender. You're not at that point in the game yet.

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on Nov 27, 10 10:29 AM
I have downloaded this game x3 and got to the cannons and can get one button down but thats all cannons wont come up.Guess its time for a refund,i give up

[Post New]by Lulu0996 on Nov 27, 10 11:57 AM
I can't unscrew the screws on the panel on the piano. I have the screwdriver but nothing happens when I click on the screws with it. Help!

laurah65
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by laurah65 on Nov 27, 10 12:09 PM
For all you fishies out there who had a problem with this game downloading or etc. I had none downloading or anything else. The game worked from the beginning of the download and I am almost finish. Good luck all of you and hope your enjoy the game because it is a good Mystery Case File game. Thanks BFG for such a great game and also for keeping me up in HOG I do not have a dull moment!!

laurah65
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by laurah65 on Nov 27, 10 12:14 PM
Hello LULU,

I had that same problem also and along with that bigmouthed man rushing me. I could not get that to work for me either. There is a way and I found this out when I accidently touch the back part (plactic part) on the screw and it fell out. Try this and tell me what happens. Good luck!!

[Post New]by Lulu0996 on Nov 27, 10 12:40 PM
Thanks Laurah,

Who knew that I was using a screwdriver wrong for all of these years!

[Post New]by cuddly1robin on Nov 27, 10 4:11 PM
I don't know how to keep parot from flying away on my way to the swamp to scare the snake. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 11/24/2010 5:30

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 27, 10 4:13 PM
cuddly1robin wrote:I don't know how to keep parot from flying away on my way to the swamp to scare the snake. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

You have to go back to the balcony and get the bird cage hanging from the ceiling. Go back to Cooter's house and click the cage on the parrot to capture him.

m42153
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 11/24/2010 5:30 PM

[Post New]by m42153 on Nov 27, 10 4:44 PM
bfgImbrium wrote:We have a new version of Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition available now. This new version of the game fixes:

-Progression block at the goblet

(All installation and activation issues are fixed as well.)

We apologize greatly for the trouble and really appreciate your patience. If you had installation issues, please try downloading again from your Purchase History.

You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

m42153
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by m42153 on Nov 27, 10 4:50 PM
So everything loaded great and I continued playing. I won the game and then started the bonus game. I could not get anywhere in the ship because - lo and behold- I did not ever have the knife (as shown in the guide ) or the pruning shears. They disappeared when I cut the cloth over the wall that you knock down under the crypt. So why is it that I dont have these things? Anyone else out there having the same issues?

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 11/24/2010 5:30

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 27, 10 4:53 PM
m42153 wrote:So everything loaded great and I continued playing. I won the game and then started the bonus game. I could not get anywhere in the ship because - lo and behold- I did not ever have the knife (as shown in the guide ) or the pruning shears. They disappeared when I cut the cloth over the wall that you knock down under the crypt. So why is it that I dont have these things? Anyone else out there having the same issues?

You should only have the skulls in your inventory when you start the bonus round, that's all. You will get a few new items as you work through the bonus round. You start the bonus round by approaching the ship and throwing 3 rocks at the ship to lower the rope. Then you go from there. Hope this helps.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 27, 10 4:55 PM
You might only have one skull. I don't have the 13th but I've placed all the rest.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 27, 10 4:59 PM
Yes, you'll have all 13. They go from the regular game with you into the bonus game. They are an absolute necessity to completing the game. It has a great ending and challenge related to those 13 skulls.

[Post New]by cuddly1robin on Nov 27, 10 4:59 PM
Lady_Cav wrote:
cuddly1robin wrote:I don't know how to keep parot from flying away on my way to the swamp to scare the snake. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

You have to go back to the balcony and get the bird cage hanging from the ceiling. Go back to Cooter's house and click the cage on the parrot to capture him.

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 11/24/2010 5:3

[Post New]by cuddly1robin on Nov 27, 10 5:00 PM
Lady_Cav wrote:

Thank you so much! I was ready to fly away!!

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 27, 10 5:01 PM
LOL! Glad you got it.

m42153
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by m42153 on Nov 27, 10 5:10 PM
If that is true then why do they have the shears and the knife in the walkthrough?

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 27, 10 5:15 PM
m42153 wrote:If that is true then why do they have the shears and the knife in the walkthrough?

I didn't look at the walkthrough, so I can't answer that question. You get a sword during the bonus game that you need to use, but not shears. So I have to say I don't know. I just know I didn't have them and didn't need them. The bonus h.o.g scenes gave me everything that I needed to complete the required tasks.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 27, 10 7:33 PM
Lady_Cav wrote:
m42153 wrote:If that is true then why do they have the shears and the knife in the walkthrough?

I didn't look at the walkthrough, so I can't answer that question. You get a sword during the bonus game that you need to use, but not shears. So I have to say I don't know. I just know I didn't have them and didn't need them. The bonus h.o.g scenes gave me everything that I needed to complete the required tasks.

I've noticed inventory items in the SG that I didn't have or ever had in the game. I think the screenshots were taken before the game was finalized. Obviously, changes were made between then and when the game was released. Don't worry too much about the items shown in the inventory, just worry about the items the walkthrough says you need. Like Lady_Cav said, you'll start only with the 13 skulls and get everything else you require as you play.

Go to: