bpfrimmer
Clownfish
Clownfish
698 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bpfrimmer on Nov 26, 10 9:47 AM
I also lost the key to the cellar. It just disappeared from my inventory. Can't go any further without it.

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by acer_racer on Nov 26, 10 10:21 AM
I've just purchased the game, and I've got to finding the crayons for Magnolia - I've found every single one, but when it came to placing them back in their box, suddenly they all dissapeared from my inventory!! I've gone back to the places where I found them, and they aren't there. What do i do? I can't procede without giving her all the crayons - even though I've technically already found them??? Please help, I so dont want to be let down by MCF when i've anticipated this new game for so long.

goslin55
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by goslin55 on Nov 26, 10 10:45 AM
Look at the arrows at both ends of the Inventory bar and scroll backwards I'll bet you will find what you are missing.

[Post New]by afinstad on Nov 26, 10 11:57 AM
dissappearing inventory....first download did not work at all.
i re-installed, started the game (which seems amazing minus the glitches)
and my coat hanger dissappeard from my inventory along with a few other things i can't remember...arg...what to do?

[Post New]by kingskreations on Nov 26, 10 12:31 PM
robinbucy wrote:I am having problems with the coffin puzzle. The date of birth isn't on the board, and skip button won't highlight so that I can get past it. I used the hints first, so neither button is highlighted now. I've tried all of the dates from the 1700's, but none are working. I am several hours into the game and I don't want to start over at this point. Is this a technical issue, or am I just being dense?

I did all the dates and pulled the lever but still nothing happens. Now what do I do?? HELP!!!

Edited on 11/26/2010 at 12:32:39 PM PST

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Nov 26, 10 1:45 PM
i am stuck on the cannons. i've tried everything the walk-thru told me to do but nothing. can someone help me??????? it is so frustrating to be so close to the end of game and get completely stuck. please i need help???

mplskate
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by mplskate on Nov 26, 10 2:03 PM
I got all the way through the game with no technical glitches whatsoever. The bad guys were gone and all that.

But right after Crown appeared, it froze up completely -- white screen where the cut scene should have been running. I pressed ALT+TAB to manually pause the game and went back in. The game's unfrozen from an animation standpoint, but I can't interact with the screen in any way. No cursor or anything.

Echoing the theme of this whole forum string, it's pretty frustrating.

PamBevill
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Finished game, but everything is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by PamBevill on Nov 26, 10 2:16 PM
Puda_K wrote:I just completed the game and wanted to play the bonus game, which should have unlocked, but didn't. Thinking I missed something, I went back to the game I was playing (orr so I thought) only to fine that all my progress is completely gone! What gives? Do I have to play this ALL again to access the bonus game? Are you kidding me?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here....No bonus game after finishing and no player profile. I spent 9 hours playing this game and I really can't replay it. If there's no solution, I'll have to ask for a refund. This is on top of the Mahjong Towers Eternity failure. Very frustrated!!

Pam

[Post New]by fishcrazy on Nov 26, 10 2:59 PM
mplskate wrote:I got all the way through the game with no technical glitches whatsoever. The bad guys were gone and all that.

But right after Crown appeared, it froze up completely -- white screen where the cut scene should have been running. I pressed ALT+TAB to manually pause the game and went back in. The game's unfrozen from an animation standpoint, but I can't interact with the screen in any way. No cursor or anything.

Ugh. The same thing happened to me, right after the three baddies got it, I got a white screen, where I'm assuming there should have been a cut scene. I had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to shut down the game, nothing would work after that...When I went back in, I was at the point of trying to board the ship. I don't know what I missed and now the game is acting weird. I went back to the house to look around and went into the attic and got an "Objective Completed" as soon as I'd entered, however my objective was to board the ship...strange, very strange. A huge disappointment to think I missed something at the end and now the game is going haywire. BTW...I did update with the lastest version.

Edited on 11/26/2010 at 3:05:41 PM PST

meegg
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by meegg on Nov 26, 10 3:25 PM
I'm having a problem with my cursor. this doesn't happen with any other BFG. the cursor doesn't want to move quickly. it jumps around on the screen and takes forever to get to an object to click on it. i thought it was my mouse, but then changed batteries and still had the problem. anyone else have this problem?

Lerianis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Lerianis on Nov 26, 10 3:31 PM
There is a huge problem with this game..... In 'FullScreen mode' on a 1920*1200 monitor resolution, the game has the old 'box in the middle of the screen with black bands around it' problem like a bunch of other games have on this website.

This needs an immediate fix unless it is a design feature (and if it is, it is the dumbest one I have ever seen) so that people can play the game at full resolution on high resolution monitors.

I have an Nvidia graphics card, so I am wondering if that was part of the problem with the issue above.

I am also having a problem with the game not wanting to switch into 'widescreen' mode and telling me that it is not available at my resolution. As I said: 1920*1200 - it's widescreen all on it's own.

To meegg.... yes, I am also having that issue on my Nvidia 9800GT notebook graphics card.

It seems like this game was 'rushed out', as much as I hate to say it.

Edited on 11/26/2010 at 3:32:37 PM PST

sellers45
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by sellers45 on Nov 26, 10 5:06 PM
I also have a problem at the end of the game. I don't know how to get the skulls back to use in the last screen.

[Post New]by kscotti on Nov 26, 10 5:37 PM
I'm now on my THIRD download and each time I uninstall and reinstall there is a DIFFERENT glitch. Now when I get to a certain point in the game and log off then log back on, everything that I've accomplished is gone and I have to start at a way earlier point. I have never had any problems with these games, but I am really over it...I don't want to have to download a FOURTH time...RIDICULOUS. This game should not have been released with some many glitches!

[Post New]by fivemice on Nov 26, 10 5:45 PM
I've got screen caps on the date of birth issue in the coffin.
The fax says 1735, the walkthrough says 1736.
On my game board I have a 1735, but it doesn't work.
I don't have a 1736 as an option on the game board.

[Post New]by theatergirl on Nov 26, 10 6:35 PM
As I have posted before, I cannot go into widescreen. First time I downloaded, my hanger disappeared and I could not get the key. Then my hammer disappeared and after starting over again, I got to the attic and thought all was good. But when I logged back in, my progress was gone and I am back yet again, getting Mary's cleaning supplies. It does not seem to be saving as I thought everything was going good as I could download the game. Guess I was wrong!

Edited on 11/26/2010 at 6:36:18 PM PST

[Post New]by wstandinger on Nov 26, 10 6:35 PM
I've seen others complain about this too, but I somehow lost the key to the cellar and now its impossible for me to finish my game I really don't want to start over, but looks like its inevitable...

And it was working pretty well up to this poitn too!

[Post New]by paganbelle on Nov 26, 10 6:47 PM
anabel1566 wrote:the trap door glitch was fixed, however, NOW there are two hidden objects scenes that did not "trigger", one in the attic and one at the gas station. I need an item to be able to proceed any further in the game. I am trying to not be a "spoiler" but I can't explain the technical problems without explaining somewhat. This has got to be the most painful game that I have ever attempted to play...REFUND!!!!

[Post New]by paganbelle on Nov 26, 10 6:50 PM
anabel1566 wrote:the trap door glitch was fixed, however, NOW there are two hidden objects scenes that did not "trigger", one in the attic and one at the gas station. I need an item to be able to proceed any further in the game. I am trying to not be a "spoiler" but I can't explain the technical problems without explaining somewhat. This has got to be the most painful game that I have ever attempted to play...REFUND!!!!

I am having the same problem.Also the password found behind the picture of the child and dog does not work to log on to the computer.
No point in doing anything else in the game now as I am missing stuff to continue!!!!!

[Post New]by Ceesha on Nov 26, 10 6:52 PM
Uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice and I'm still missing the key to the cellar in my inventory. I tried talking to the bartender again but she's not communicating with me. EXTREMELY frustrated, especially since I spent the money on a CE!!! C'mon BFG, this is horribe customer service!!!!!!! Fix this glitch!!!!!

pusskatt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pusskatt on Nov 26, 10 6:52 PM
fishcrazy wrote:
mplskate wrote:I got all the way through the game with no technical glitches whatsoever. The bad guys were gone and all that.

Ugh. The same thing happened to me, right after the three baddies got it, I got a white screen, where I'm assuming there should have been a cut scene. I had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to shut down the game, nothing would work after that...When I went back in, I was at the point of trying to board the ship. I don't know what I missed and now the game is acting weird. I went back to the house to look around and went into the attic and got an "Objective Completed" as soon as I'd entered, however my objective was to board the ship...strange, very strange. A huge disappointment to think I missed something at the end and now the game is going haywire. BTW...I did update with the lastest version.

Same drama for me. Not happy Big Fish.

Go to: