Jiisa
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by Jiisa on Dec 31, 10 11:20 PM
Try updating your video card and restarting your computer. BFG has instructions on how to do that on the 5th page of this forum and in the help section under games freezing up.

My game was freezing up in the apothecary shop with the egg, but the update fixed my problem.

[Post New]by parklaneddo on Feb 16, 11 4:20 PM
I am having the same problem as another player posted in November 2010. As soon as the coconut is drilled in the Apothecary the screen freezes. Surely this glitch should have been fixed by now!?

[Post New]by 817rice on Mar 10, 11 5:06 PM
bpfrimmer wrote:I can't pick up items in the inventory. Anyone else have this problem?

bonniesgrandma
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by bonniesgrandma on Mar 10, 11 6:00 PM
I purchased this game, and I am enjoying it, but today when I tried to ope it I got an error message
0x01DCEFAE tried to write to (0x00000000) program
what is this? does anyoone know how I can get it back

katymax
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by katymax on Mar 16, 11 7:53 AM
Well, lucky me. After reading all the tech issues here my problem is really SMALL. I can't get the game to download!! so that I can have the problems all of you are having. tried dovwnloading from 'games in progress' got thru to the validating game, then it starts over agin with installing, then have an 'error in downloading'. I just may never get to the frustrating part.

[Post New]by 817rice on Mar 16, 11 11:43 AM
cass254 wrote:I sent the first girl to sleep then went downstairs to find a sparkly area on the dresser. Completed this but at the end I didn't recieve an item and it didn't close the area. Had to go to menu then resume which just showed the area sparkling again but when I went on it the list was empty. Therefore I am going to be missing an item later on.

[Post New]by Bill_Payer on Mar 20, 11 10:57 AM
I am having the same problem as many of you, when I crack the egg the game freezes and nothing I can do but Ctrl / Alt / Delete. I am very cross as I was enjoying the game a lot up to here. Bah Humbug.

[Post New]by dtmcguff on Apr 7, 11 6:32 AM
I had the fireplace poker to get the egg early on and now that I need it to get the egg it is gone? Is there a fix for this?

[Post New]by Atlans on Jul 8, 11 7:49 PM
gidgiboo wrote:There is a bug in the program. I am at the Apothecary and as soon as I drill a hole in the coconut, the game locks up. Have to Cntrl/Alt/Del to the Task Manager to close out. I will keep an eye out for the "fix" or update, but wanted to make you aware of the problem. Other than that, good game. Great puzzles. Hard, but not too hard.

I too had the game lock up when I used the drill on the coconut. I updated my graphics drivers to the most current and then it worked fine. Hope this helps you too.

[Post New]by beccasmummy on Nov 1, 11 8:40 AM
cant get the flippin game to even start!!!!!!!!!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 1, 11 11:02 AM
Hey beccasmummy,

Please take a look at the following help article, which outlines a couple troubleshooting steps that might help with the game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

You may also want to see if running the game as Administrator might help:

Run Game as Administrator

If these steps don't help, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to assist you with the game. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by tootoys on Jan 8, 12 8:12 PM
I also have had the freeze-up at the apothecary shop after drilling the coconut. BUT, if you click on the "skip" button before drilling the coconut, you can proceed with the game.

looloopy
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by looloopy on Jan 16, 12 3:23 AM
games keeps returning to game manager.curser will not collect items from the top of the screen,cannot pickup items in inventory etc etc. all my system checks out perfectly so the onus is on you BF. fix this game please or i want my dosh back! yes i have followed all corrective procedures till i have steam coming out of my nostrils. i note that there are masses of complaints but you seem to be ignoring us. not good enough. the next time i cancel my subscription will be the last time.

Apothecary Freeze - Here's what worked for me

[Post New]by jhansenoldsalt on Feb 1, 12 12:34 PM
I too had the freeze issue in the Apothecary, and after reading every post (I think - I got a little glassy eyed towards the end) I followed the instructions to do a Dr. Felix grab and opened a ticket.

I received a prompt reply from Jon (my hero of the week) instructing me to change from an Aero theme to a Standard one. That was all it took for me, I'm now happily continuing on.

I feel somewhat foolish because after reading their "Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen" FAQ, there at the bottom was the exact same advice. DOH!

When in doubt, RTFM...

Simsane
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Simsane on Feb 3, 12 12:38 PM
I, too, had my game freeze as soon as I got the hole drilled in the coconut. I've read your article about game freezing but as I just updated both my Flash player and my video drivers, I decided maybe I'd try using the normal (instead of custom) cursor to see if that made any difference. It did not. I had to skip that puzzle in order to continue the game.

Since I bought this as a GOTW, I'll not complain too much but Big Fish really does need to try to fix that part.

rrboudin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by rrboudin on Jul 23, 12 12:37 PM
My game was also locking up once I drilled the hole in the coconut. I followed BFG's steps to update my video driver, but I have a Toshiba Satellite and couldn't find any updates for my video card online. I used the Service Station that came on my computer and there was one quick update that didn't even mention updating the video, but after I installed it and restarted my computer, the game worked just fine!

Go to: