Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Mar 9, 11 5:54 PM
(Minor story spoilers follow)

Just finished the game and absolutely loved it! I'm a Lovecraft fan, so the themes of insanity and fear and menacing supernatural forces really appealed to me. The hidden object scenes were fun and I liked the adventure game elements and puzzles. The patients' case histories were varied, and it was quite satisfying to release each of them.

In terms of graphics, they were pretty good but I thought not on par with the the Puppetshow games or Haunted Legends: Queen of Spades. The sound effects and music sounded like it was recycled from Puppetshow, but I didn't really mind as I thought they were excellent when I played Puppetshow.

I thought the game petered out just a little bit towards the end, but most of it was excellent. This is one of my favourites!

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 18, 11 5:32 PM
I've done the trial earlier on and I find it the most disgusting game ever. It's not even creepy, it just wanted me to . Too many eyeballs, can't stand that.

Re:SPOILER ALERT for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium

[Post New]by LaVonNadine on Mar 18, 11 11:27 PM
Well, I think it's a spoiler: a hidden object clue in the fire pit read "Ladybird" but the actual object was "Ladybug!" I laughed myself silly.

This is the second Big Fish hidden object game I'd ever played and decided immediately that I wanted to buy it. It did not disappointment.

Edited on 03/18/2011 at 11:41:50 PM PST

grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by grover3e on Mar 22, 11 7:21 PM
Very enjoyable. Good value for the money and the puzzles were doable. I enjoyed all the HOGs and also liked that you could hold something in your inventory for a long time without knowing how to use it.

Four of five stars!

d3isme
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by d3isme on Apr 8, 11 6:30 PM
Really enjoyed this one.

Good graphics, liked the music, interesting puzzles.
The water one was a bit tricky [with the trackpad?] in that I couldn't get it to fire fast enough, but one skip in a game is no big deal - it was a long game!

Just the right level of creepiness for me. Lovecraftian rather than gory.

The end was a bit rushed, but sets up a sequel, which will definitely be on my buy list.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Apr 12, 11 12:57 PM
LaVonNadine wrote:Well, I think it's a spoiler: a hidden object clue in the fire pit read "Ladybird" but the actual object was "Ladybug!" I laughed myself silly.

In the UK, we call them ladybirds

[Post New]by disgruntled_girl on Apr 24, 11 10:17 AM
It was a good game. Was. The puzzles are pleasantly difficult. The music has a nice sense of intensity. The stories you piece together are good.

But the ending? Very disappointing. It appears rushed right about there. Despite all the Cthulian references - that does not get addressed. While it's nice there is allusion to a Part 2, I can't see the character giving a crap anymore at that point.

Since there will be a Part 2 - I hope sincerely the makers of this game give "The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital" a play through and let it influence them.

These 2 groups were not on the same page, but definately reading from the same book.

Like I said, it's a great game, but it ends very suddenly and unsatisfactorily.

I do not regret buying this and I will buy the next one.

Edited on 04/24/2011 at 10:18:37 AM PST

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Apr 26, 11 11:50 AM
Fun, creepy game! Great puzzles, hidden object pages and story. Perfect length. Now waiting for the sequel!

[Post New]by wyldedragonfly on Apr 29, 11 6:53 PM
I really don't like this game. Bought it months ago (on sale, thankfully) and I just can't finish it. I have absolutely no interest in the story. The hidden object scenes are dull and flat. The only challenging scene was the desk on the ceiling. Otherwise, I just don't see what the fuss is all about. It's no Return to Ravenhearst! Even the 13th Skull kept my interest better than this (and that story line was really boring).

Happy Gaming!

Edited on 04/29/2011 at 6:55:44 PM PST

d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

[Post New]by d0080b on May 8, 11 4:00 PM
Really nice game, graphics were a bit realistic, and I'm not sure I enjoyed the setting... but the gameplay flowed well and the H0s and puzzles were fun. Worth the time and money... I won't play it again because the atmosphere was just toooooo creeeepy!

[Post New]by Donn99 on May 28, 11 4:10 AM
This games story was bad bad bad what a disappointment...good money down the drain...

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on May 28, 11 10:53 PM
Very much enjoyed this. The story and setting were very creepy, and it was easy to get involved with the game. The puzzles were great, enjoyed that it didn't feel strictly linear, my only complaint was that it seemed to end rather abruptly.

Kashmiraka
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Kashmiraka on May 29, 11 12:43 PM
I thought this was a really fun game, no tech problems whatsoever and the graphics were really good too. I will be waiting for the sequel, coming soon it says on the developers website. Also it had a decent length, I hate short games and will not waste my money on them. Anyhoo, big thumbs up in my book!

Trigger51
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Trigger51 on Jun 10, 11 5:43 AM
I didn't last 5 minutes. On the first H O screen, the things were so well hidden or disguised that I had to use the hint 5 times. Eyeball was weird, and the bird was just too distracting. NO GO for me.

[Post New]by xinkblotsx on Jun 26, 11 6:03 PM
i'm quite looking forward to part 2. hope it comes out soon!

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 20, 11 4:25 AM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 4 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I might buy this game in the near future. Happy Gaming!

beryltheperil
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by beryltheperil on Oct 9, 11 12:27 PM
LaVonNadine wrote:Well, I think it's a spoiler: a hidden object clue in the fire pit read "Ladybird" but the actual object was "Ladybug!" I laughed myself silly.

This is the second Big Fish hidden object game I'd ever played and decided immediately that I wanted to buy it. It did not disappointment.

as someone else pointed out, we in the uk call them ladybirds, but we also accept that they may have different names in different countries, many of the games are very US based, but we just go along with it, Widen your horizons, you may learn something

Edited on 10/09/2011 at 12:30:15 PM PST

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Oct 10, 11 2:30 PM
I really liked this game. Plenty of HOS's. I did not have any problems installing it, cursor problems or anything else. Worth the buy for me to help find a cure for cancer.

Edited on 10/10/2011 at 2:31:50 PM PST

PTSuusje
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by PTSuusje on Oct 13, 11 10:06 AM
I thought it was a very good game, well worth the money. Good enough graphics, interesting scenes to work out, good HOGS just complicated enough, puzzles the same and very varied. Not too much traipsing around and a logical progress through it all. The stories and music of these games are pretty much standard so I don't pay too much attention to those. The eyes and tentacles were pretty creepy but didn't put me off. No technical problems whatsoever. I personally would recommend this game without hesitation.

Flipo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Flipo on Oct 13, 11 2:43 PM
Great game, no problems with it I am using XP and I wonder if all the negatives are because of Windows 7. I hope not because I am going to get a new PC and of course it will have Windows 7.

Go to: