PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Mystery of the Dragon Prince

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Dec 4, 10 9:23 AM
trixiesmomma wrote:I agree - no skip button, no buy!

Me too - there are some mini games I loathe (and some I love), so it's nice to have the skip option!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Dec 4, 10 9:48 AM
The graphics are fair. The gameplay however is upsetting. There are mini games you can't skip. There are pieces of glass you can't pick up until you find the puzzle that they are used in. The instructions are less than informative. One really big laugh for me though is after you get rid of the ghosts in the bedroom, the line reads "adorable creatures," when I think it was supposed to read horrible.

This game is a C-.

Edited on 12/04/2010 at 9:50:34 AM PST

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Dec 4, 10 11:53 AM
Just finished it. Too short, too easy, annoying music, so-so graphics, amusing characters and very weird game play with little directions. For some odd reason, I kinda liked this game, though. I'm just glad I didn't really pay for it and just used a punch card reward credit.

[Post New]by spanishmarlena on Dec 5, 10 10:59 AM
Finished the whole game during the trial with 7 minutes to spare. The no skip during mini-games was a pain, and I didn't particularly care for the whole "find things under other things" aspect of the **** scenes. Oh yeah, the ending doesn't really answer any questions raised during the plot. Glad I finished it and didn't have to invest any money.

[Post New]by confused9988 on Dec 7, 10 1:51 PM
It sucks...I'm stuck and there are no hints/help available.

[Post New]by confused9988 on Dec 7, 10 1:51 PM
It sucks...I'm stuck and there are no hints/help available.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Dec 11, 10 2:38 PM
Thanks to the forum topic telling where to find the BF walkthru. (Shame on BF for not having the link to it on the game page yet.)

I played the demo hour. When I looked at the walkthru afterward, it appears I made it about a third of the way thru the game in that hour. In my opinion, it's ok, but there's plenty of better games to choose from. It seems like it's easy to get stuck in this one - I'm not one who much enjoys walking in circles for very long. I did not get enough help from the hint button.

I do like the castle architecture - sorta different and nice.

psylocibin
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by psylocibin on Dec 16, 10 6:24 AM
OK a major enjoyment of HObj games is finding the object when it suddenly comes clear to your eye even if the creator of the game has hidden it within a color on color or within a pattern. It comes visible because it is clearly drawn and yet is hidden. This would be a good game (does need a skip button on the puzzles) but the drawing is so blurry that one has no idea of what an object is. So one is left to just click and click on any blurry shape and hope to get something in the list. a no buy but cleared up I would.

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Dec 16, 10 3:39 PM
I am with most of you kind of liked it, bought it with reward coupon (would not if i had to pay for it ) Toooo short finished it in a couple of hours. and that was because if i exited i had to start over from a certain point (not the beginning Thank god) puzzles were what took the most time dont like the skip button anyway( except for the ones where you have to remove a couple of matches to make 3 squares instead of 4 ugh hate those)

JKPHEP
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by JKPHEP on Dec 26, 10 5:01 PM
If you want a pass on the games then go to the walkthrough and get them there. You don't have to use everything on the walkthroughs just on the games. There all ok now. Thanks

[Post New]by shelly707 on Dec 28, 10 9:02 PM
I have to say the best part of the game was the free trial... it goes down hill from there! I just hope the refund my money for this one... by far the worst game I have ever played. a garden you cant walk through, hints that dont work half the time, glitter in places where there is nothing, and the shortest story line of any BFG... total waste of time. Maybe they released it before it was completed?

[Post New]by NecrosisThanatos on Dec 30, 10 7:52 PM
I found the graphics to be grainy and the hidden objects difficult to find.

I do not mind the fact that there is no option to skip the puzzles, since those are always my favorite part of games like these.

Overall, the graphics distracted me enough that I do not intend to buy the game. I normally am not too concerned about the quality of the graphics, but here it really seemed to interfere with the hidden object aspect of the game.

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Jan 1, 11 12:48 PM
Guess I'm weird - I quite liked this game. It made me think.

I didn't need or want to skip any of the puzzles - but then, I enjoy puzzles and these were not particularly difficult. Generally, the only ones I tend to skip are the math puzzles, since I am awful at math. By "math puzzles" I mean those dreadful things where you have to pour liquid into and out of various containers - I never can figure those out!

It was a nice diversion for an afternoon!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 5, 11 5:16 PM
OK, I confess. I demoed this on another website....only because it gave me 120 minutes. However, I was able to skip mini puzzles, although I didn't. The option was definitely there. Perhaps it was a different version of the game? Looked the same to me. I thought the objects in many cases, were entirely too difficult to find considering the fact that there is an overclick penalty, and several of the hidden objects were hidden behind or underneath something you had to move. It was not appealing to me at all. I thought perhaps if I played for a while, it would grow on me and then I would buy it from Big Fish, but no. Didn't like much of anything about it at all. Never found the gardeners shears. Poor man. He's still waiting.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 12, 11 6:29 AM
There will be no! buy for me, I was not in the game long and since there is not any skip I decided I did not want the game, I did like the graphics and music.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 17, 11 8:23 PM
found this game buried in my "must try this" pile... well, i'm happy i didn't miss anything... this game has choppy mechanics at best... it lost a few of my inventory items and when i back to the main menu to create a new profile and start over... no 'profile' button... so quick delete and back into more noteworthy prospects

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on May 29, 11 2:18 AM
Perhaps I didn't give it long enough, but I felt like I was playing a game for grade schoolers. The first room where I cleaned up just by clicking on everything and it flew to its correct spot, I was thinking "Seriously?" Hidden object scenes could be easily and quickly solved by randomly clicking on everything, since most objects were used anyway. Puzzles were super easy, and the dialogue was clunky and poorly written. Tried to give it a chance, but quit after 20 minutes, so I could uninstall it.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jun 16, 11 9:09 PM
The Mystery of the Dragon Prince (AHOG)

This game is played like a true adventure game in many ways. There is a lot of back and forth/wandering, NO sparklies, NO hand holding and a ton of things that you probably won't notice the first time you enter the screen(s). UNlike a true adventure, however, the game saves automatically, you have the occasional hidden object scene to find objects in, there is a (slowly) refilling HINT button, and THERE IS A SKIP option for the mini-games.

The game starts out almost insultingly easy. Click-click-click to finish a couple of scenes quickly, then just click anything out of place during the HOG scenes. This changes rather quickly. There is NO mis-click penalty - which is good, since the HOG scenes get progressively harder. After a while you'll HAVE to start clicking random items, because sometimes what you're looking for will be hidden behind something else (or several somethings )

Soon you will be wandering without a clue about what you're supposed to be doing, but it won't take long to get the hang of the true adventure-style play. There is that HINT button to help you along the way, plus a handy walkthrough in case you get completely stuck.

Definitely worth a demo... just don't go into the game thinking it's going to be like every other IHOG you've tried, lest ye be sorely disappointed.

Draconity
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Draconity on Aug 17, 11 11:06 PM
This game is laughably short and not worth the purchase for that reason alone. I bought it because I thought it had a lot of potential and there would be plenty of gameplay; as it was, I played it for less than an hour and finished it. Not my idea of a good adventure game.

Besides the length, I found myself frustrated by grainy graphics on small objects you have to find.

I really wish I had not bought this. It was a wasted purchase. If I could get my credit back, I'd do it in an instant.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Jul 8, 12 2:05 PM
this game was ok. the graphics were quite dark. lots of puzzles to do. i enjoyed slaying the dragon at the end

Edited on 07/08/2012 at 2:05:34 PM PST

Go to: