suddensam
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Dragon Dance

[Post New]by suddensam on Dec 1, 10 1:36 PM
This is the second "dragon" game I tried today, the other was Mystery of Dragon Prince, but both games got a "2 thumbs down" from me. What a waste of developer time and money, have the stuff you have to click many times to get the click to work, the darn books, wow, yes I did click every book on the shelves and still never found the third book, and the hint is turned off for that feature. Come on folks, this is the start of the game and people can't even leave the house to start their adventure because you have the graphics messed up! I was really looking forward to a good game, love dragons, but they got a bad rep today, that's for sure!

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Dec 1, 10 3:39 PM
This Comments and Reviews thread is riddled with spoilers without warnings.

Display a little courtesy toward your fellow gamers.

Most come here looking for impressions and don't want the game degraded by spoilers popping up in the midst of what is supposed to be a review.

It's "Comments and Reviews," not "Spoilers and Reviews."

At the least, please give warnings, before telling your personal tales of bookshelf explorations and tribulations and getting stuck in the first five minutes. I am really not interested in how you got unstuck...

This issue is not confined to this forum by any means but there are some common offenders...

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Dec 1, 10 7:04 PM
I really like this game but with technical problems I've experienced, i.e. no hidden object list for Edward's room, cursor not responding to change locations. Have tried everything except changing my profile, but with only 7 minutes left, its not worth the risk of buying and still not working.

For now, its a no buy for me. If the problems get fixed, then I may take the chance later. I haven't deleted it yet hoping it gets fixed soon

For all you fishies that are able to play, Happy Gaming.

lspeach
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by lspeach on Dec 1, 10 7:22 PM
I have to admit that I am not a fan of the game, had to quit after 9 minutes of play. The mechanics of the game are a little rough around the edges for my taste. moving from screen to screen is a little aggravating and I have to agree I am stuck already and I haven't even got started good yet. Definitely not a buy for me.

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Dec 2, 10 6:19 PM
cme550 wrote:Not too sure about this one. I really want to like it. I got only a few minutes into the game before I got stuck. Im supposed to enter and symbols correctly on the safe. I did, according to the book, but nothing. And I didnt notice a skip button. Is this not considered a puzzle or are there no skip buttons? If no skip buttons, it's a definite no buy.

The game has potential - BUT
The music is very repetitive and become irritating so mute is the only option
The stumbling around to find objects [desk knob etc] was also a pain - without this great forum and the previous comments would not have figured out the book thing

I have gotten "stuck" three times
minimizing the window and opening it again started the game again

And I too really wanted to like the game
but a no buy for me

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Dec 3, 10 9:12 AM
After not even finishing the trial, I have determined that this is one of the worst games I have ever tried to play. Disjointed and makes no sense.

Baja
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Baja on Dec 3, 10 7:18 PM
There were excellent graphics , music and story line, but I found the game very awkward. A lot of freeze ups and technical difficulties. I had to leave the game frequently and return in order to get something to work.( i.e a tool) or to get the book to appear in the library shelf
Probably should have been a bit more testing before release.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Dec 4, 10 6:23 PM
I really hate this game. Items are so small and no hints and story line blows.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Dec 5, 10 7:34 AM
I got stuck and had to refer to the walkthru 3 times in the first half hour. The third time, the walkthru shows a hidden object scene in Edward's room, which I do not see in my game. I've had enough...

Llib
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Llib on Dec 5, 10 8:53 AM
The Dragon Dance is one of the worst games ever. Puzzles won't work, objects
you need to pick up arn't there even though the hint button shows you what to do.
You have trouble getting rid of inventory items if they don't work for that scene.
you have to keep re-installing the game to make it work. If this was my first game from BFG I sure as H--- would now buy another. I like BFG games. I have about
100 but this one really sucks>

[Post New]by Islandphish on Dec 5, 10 10:45 AM
I've enjoyed it up to looking for the six gears in the second cave. I have found five, and requested a hint for the sixth. It shows me the approximate location (as usual), but there is absolutely nothing there. I have tried lightening the screen, and clicking everywhere within the circle, all to no avail. Without the sixth gear, I can't move on. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Dec 5, 10 11:16 AM
In my humble opinion this game stinks. I prefer to have a bit of direction. To wander from room to room and not have any idea what the game expects from me is too frustrating. If I have to refer to a walkthrough all the time to get an inkling of what to do next the game isn't worth it to me. I like to figure it out but still want a bit of direction. I may be the only one but I like sparkly areas.

Llib
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

If you don't like what people why are you reading them???

[Post New]by Llib on Dec 5, 10 4:24 PM
Bink_In_AK wrote:This Comments and Reviews thread is riddled with spoilers without warnings.

Display a little courtesy toward your fellow gamers.

Most come here looking for impressions and don't want the game degraded by spoilers popping up in the midst of what is supposed to be a review.

It's "Comments and Reviews," not "Spoilers and Reviews."

At the least, please give warnings, before telling your personal tales of bookshelf explorations and tribulations and getting stuck in the first five minutes. I am really not interested in how you got unstuck...

This issue is not confined to this forum by any means but there are some common offenders...

Llib
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Llib on Dec 5, 10 4:44 PM
This is a great game if you like to reinstall it all the time. I have spent so much time reinstalling this game that I've not bought any new games. I have saved alot of money. If BFG puts out more games like this they will go broke because players will be to busy reinstalling to buy more. Keep up the good work.

[Post New]by bignanny1 on Dec 6, 10 4:41 PM
I would like to know how to pick the lock to go around the skeletons neck, please don't tell me I have to use the shears cause I already cut the bush and lost them

[Post New]by Islandphish on Dec 6, 10 6:25 PM
Ooops! So sorry.

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

books

[Post New]by misty5 on Dec 8, 10 2:30 AM
Ibisgirl wrote:Everything was going great until I had to find the book The Dangerous Journey volumne 12. I see the empty spot on th book shelf but can't find the book to put on the shelf. does anyone know where the book is????

I think there's something hinky about this game -- I clicked on every single book on those shelves and couldn't find volume 12. BUT -- after pinpointing its position in the WT, I went back to the game and there it was, just where the WT said it would be! Hard to believe I missed a volume in that first clicking frenzy, but guess I must have..........

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Dec 8, 10 12:05 PM
The graphics are sadly lacking in style. They are flat and uninteresting. The gameplay goes from frustrating to easy and back to "What the Heck?" I found it not worth the frustration. There is a skip button for minigames, but it loads really slow. The storyline appears interesting, however, there is no set up for the main character so I really don't know much about him, save that he had a bad dream.

This game is a D.

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Dec 8, 10 6:13 PM
I have been a Fishy for almost two years and had more problems with this game than any other. The "diary" is hard to get to the page desired. The inventory gets stuck open and have to leave the room in order for it to close. Could not find the 2 levers in the secret room even using the walkthrough. I wish I had spent more time reading the other comments about this game. What a waste.

[Post New]by nancyvera on Dec 12, 10 5:42 PM
Awful. Freezes all the time, arrow keys don't work on the lava pool. Wasted my money and time on this one.

Go to: