vhope00
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post any Lost Chronicles: Salem technical issues here only

[Post New]by vhope00 on Dec 5, 10 3:27 PM
Initiallly access violation errors, but after opening the file location of the game and running it as admin., I was able to play. Then after starting the trial game, after finding the shovel, the "lights" went out and I went back to the main menu of the game and resumed and returned to get the shovel, could play it no problem. No sooner after resolving all of that, my inventory disappeared! Had to go back to the main menu again and then resume, and my inventory returned. Finally, after locating the artifact, all of my inventory disappeared and it kept telling me to return the artifact to the prisoner. This time it was over---I coudn't make the inventory items return even after closing the game and starting over. THIS GAME IS FULL OF BUGS! Didn't anyone in the tech dept. try it first? I'm glad I didn't buy it...yes I know BF will give credit, but sometimes you just want to play the game you originally purchased.

I hope they find a solution. Sorry for the long post, but I've been getting error access error codes for the last three games I've tried as a trial.

[Post New]by jean1221 on Dec 5, 10 3:42 PM
edmee1947 wrote:after playing 20 minutes,new tasks appears at the bottom,and all the things i had in my inventory disappear!and no possible to make them going back!

Same thing happened to me..............

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Dec 5, 10 4:24 PM
I want my money back on this one! I lost my inventory while giving the deed back to Sewel and while I got my inventory back, I cannot progress to the **** scene behind him. I rather not write to tech support only to be told to update my computor which I have and/or send Dr Felix, which I have done on numerous occasions. This last two months we have seen too many games with glitches, I have been a member since 2007 and 99.99%, all games have worked for me. I am still waiting to hear from BFG regarding a fix on this game. It seems that many members will be asking for a refund on this game.

neola
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by neola on Dec 5, 10 5:08 PM
Thank you, Hairteach! I had the disappearing inventory problem and, when I exited and came out to read the other posted woes, I saw yours and, sure enough, my inventory was back when I restarted the game. Also, thank to (s)he who explained about using the "familiars" doodad. Of course, I had to retrace my travels and meet all those animals again. No biggie. I've been enjoying the game, and the disappearing inventory is the only problem I've had. Glad there's an easy solution!

ARETHORN
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ARETHORN on Dec 5, 10 5:44 PM
I have a different problem. Trying to complete model village.Placed models on plan
of village and now all i get is a black screen and cannot open locked drawer as i assume the key is given when this puzzle is completed.Annoying as im sure i was getting close to finishing game.Help !!!!!!!!

TetraBoy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by TetraBoy on Dec 5, 10 5:49 PM
Also having the same problem--
Inventory gone -- plus picture went dark
Not happy!!!
Tetra Boy

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Dec 5, 10 5:50 PM
I think I've only had problems with 2 or 3 game since I've been a member (2+ years), but just to add to the comments already posted....

When I got to the hill with the bat hanging from the tree, the entire game shut down. I had error messages from the game itself, error messages from Windows, and it took about 5 minutes before my desktop semi-righted itself (resolutions were not where they had been before I started the game). I had 14 minutes left of demo-time and I'm hesitant to try to start it again. Maybe tomorrow...

That being said, I thought the beginning of the game was very well done. I was really trying to hurry up and do what I was told. Nice to feel some sort of anxious-ness when playing a game.

Very nice graphics, nice music, nice puzzles so far (although they have been on the easy side).

Sorry for morphing into a little review - I couldn't help it - wanted to give something positive after reading page after page of problems.

Happy gaming and fixing to all!

Edited on 12/06/2010 at 7:25:32 AM PST

suddensam
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by suddensam on Dec 5, 10 6:24 PM
I lost my inventory also after returning with the bone carving, exited game, came back in like some said to do and she was telling me to go get the bone carving again but that wasn't an option anymore, so I have deleted the game, was going to buy it too, but since there are so many things wrong I won't be buying for a long time, maybe by next yr they will have fixed it and I may purchase then.

[Post New]by Brenasauntie on Dec 5, 10 7:16 PM
I've tried playing this game more than once on two different computers and had same problems on both so I know it's not the operating system. Even when I'd close out the game, I still couldn't make anything work the way it was supposed to. Guess I'm not going to get to play the game I paid for until they get it fixed!!!!

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Dec 5, 10 7:42 PM
Seems like a good game. My problem was the arrow freezing, game slowed, and intro music and voice sound seemed slurred. Other than that it seems like an "ok" game. Once the glitches are fixed, will check it out again later.

tilly008
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tilly008 on Dec 5, 10 7:59 PM
hi there have got up to the level that has a board where you place the models you pick up on the way ( of the town ) and the screen goes black .
i have tried unistalling and reinstalling the game but it makes no difference ..
has anyone else had this problem ?
any ideas would be good ,
i finally find a game i enjoy and this happens GRRRR : :

KICKI56
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by KICKI56 on Dec 5, 10 9:55 PM
ARETHORN wrote:I have a different problem. Trying to complete model village.Placed models on plan
of village and now all i get is a black screen and cannot open locked drawer as i assume the key is given when this puzzle is completed.Annoying as im sure i was getting close to finishing game.Help !!!!!!!!

I am having the same problem in this spot, I have a black screen for the model puzzle. I have lost my inventory many times but can get it back by just exiting the game and then restarting. But this time I can't find a fix that works, so I won't be able to finish the game without the key that is needed. This is the 2nd game within 2 weeks I have played almost to the end and then a glitch happens. Green Hills Sanitarium was the other. Both of these games are excellent.

Cat4636
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Cat4636 on Dec 6, 10 3:57 AM
DoraDoraBoBora wrote:I was fully intending to purchase this game until I ran into a problem. I reached the part where the jailed woman asks you to bring her lost artifact to her from the commons. I got the item, brought it up to her window, and handed it over. She gave me a dialogue along the lines of "You have my thanks, my name is Somethingsomething, I worked for the Parris", but when I clicked the dialogue wouldn't advance or disappear. I could move my inventory, use my journal, even click on "menu", but it was like just her dialogue was frozen. So I exited to the main menu, returned to gameplay, and now she's asking me for her item again. It's gone from my inventory, the place I got it from can't be accessed (the game won't even let me click on the spot because the item is gone and the puzzle is solved) so I can't progress.

Very disappointed since I was enjoying it up until that part. Judging by the numerous bug complaints of repeated issues (vanishing inventory, "access violation") from so many people, it sounds as though this one needed a bit more testing before release.

tehi
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by tehi on Dec 6, 10 7:14 AM
Have been enjoying this game but it keeps freezing on me. It was fine the first 2 days and now playing as a different player for the 3rd time my screen keeps freezing or going black. Right now I am at the forest with the Putnam girl and the Parris girl and I put the fire out with a bucket of water but the fire rages on I can't get more water and really don't want to start at the beginning for the fourth time. Please somebody do something.....this game would be great without the glitches. Help Big Fish!!!!!!!

[Post New]by jstmeginger on Dec 6, 10 11:50 AM
I really dont understand why anyone want reply back too me everytime i post something on here im having alot of problems with the game ive even uninstalled it and reinstalled and it still didnt help fix it ive already brought the game im about ready to get rid of BF for good the frist time i played it it comes up saying i need to bring her the bones whice ive already done that so i got another profile and now when i got her the beads she didnt give me the green gem

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 6, 10 12:01 PM
This is just one of 3 games that I am waiting to be fixed before I will even consider DL them! I did have 4 including Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium, but I hear that one is now fixed. So the 3 I am still waiting on are ~
MCF 13th Skull -Standard Edition
Hidden Mysteries Salem Secrets
Lost Chronicles: Salem

reclusive
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,169 Posts

[Post New]by reclusive on Dec 6, 10 1:41 PM
I have rarely had technical issues with games but I'm having the issue as everyone else with inventory items disappearing in different locations. I solved this by exiting the game and then going back in and it was okay. I'm getting almost to the end of game and asked to do a task, did that task and inventory went blank. I exited and came back and inventory items are there however the task has not been performed and the **** scene where I got the item for task doesn't work and I can go no further in the game. Very frustrating as I know it is for everyone.

You're right soblessed57 for not d/l any of the listed games until they are fixed, if they're fixed.

[Post New]by QintheNW on Dec 6, 10 2:31 PM
dorish2 wrote:I placed all the buildings in the model town,and nothing happened. I backed out and the screen was black, except for the hint button which was working, and the skip button which was not. I have started the game under a new profile to see if that will work. Now I am wondering if I should have uninstalled and started from there. I was really enjoying the game up until now.

Doreen

This is happening with my game also. Put all the models in place, but then screen goes dark. I'm going to try the "Dr. Felix" suggestion. If anyone else figures out the problem, please let us know.

Q

pegluv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by pegluv on Dec 6, 10 2:45 PM
Sadie1230 wrote:Got error message with only 12 minutes into the game.

I got the same error message minutes into the demo version.

tehi
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by tehi on Dec 6, 10 3:48 PM
Big Fish.....What is going on with you. People,including me, are having a lot of tech. problems with games lately. I can't believe that it's everyone's computer! I just left a company that was re-organizing and down sizing and it was and is a disaster. I get the feeling that Big Fish is going through the same process. Maybe I'm wrong but nothing is being addressed and I fear you are going to lose loyal customers.

Go to: