vakrow
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by vakrow on Dec 15, 10 11:59 AM
i have the same with the soundcard Val

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 15, 10 3:53 PM
Hey Fishies,

If you are experiencing sound issues and use Avira as your anti-virus program, this is a known issue and we are currently waiting on a fix from Avira. Once that is released, we will let you know!

If you are having issues with the game lagging, please check to see if an update with help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For anyone receiving a corrupt file error message, we'd like to collect more information about it, so if you could please write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report, and if you could also include the exact wording of the error message you're receiving, that would be very helpful. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by alp1003 on Dec 16, 10 4:32 PM
baglady159 wrote:
Love_my_Husky wrote:The download and installation process appeared to go smoothly. Unfortunately the game won't launch. When I click "play" absolutely nothing happens. I also tried to launch the game directly from the program folder with the same result. In order to uninstall I have to reboot my system as the computer tells me the game is running even though the "Task Manager" doesn't reflect this.

Had same problem. Reinstalling now to see if that helps. Had this happen to two other games. Reinstalling helped with one but not the other. Hope this works...

Once reinstalled it plalyed but had same lagging problem as others. Took forever to get from place to place. Before I knew it time was up and I hadn't even gotten in the front door.

[Post New]by Age080 on Dec 16, 10 4:33 PM
Thanks bfgArnoStyx....waiting for fix.

[Post New]by alp1003 on Dec 16, 10 4:38 PM
samewhat same problem loaded ok played first time quit for the night, wont reload some time tells me game already running tacks master shows not, I have uninstalled and reinstalled same issue played quit and again won't reload

Bordrblaze
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Bordrblaze on Dec 16, 10 5:34 PM
pupulegirl wrote:I usually don't complain much, as the problems I'm having seems like everyone else is having too. Well I read through the whole thread and didn't see anyone else having this problem.

The problem is, not that I can't play...but a few times already, since I bought the full game, when i click to leave a scene, I don't have lag...I get booted out of the game completely! It takes me to the Game Manager where I can click to Play Again. I can get back into the game with no problems, sometimes I do have to replay a scene, and I can go on to the next scene, do what I have to do and click to go to the next scene, then WHAMOOOO! I'm booted out of the game again.

This is maybe only the second time I've had problems with BF games (and if hubby ever finds out just how many I've bought he'll divorce me) so with all the other problems people are having, I wonder if BF needs to go back and see if a fix can be done.

Anyone else having this problem???

Bordrblaze
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Bordrblaze on Dec 16, 10 5:35 PM
I get tossed out every time I try to move anywhere. Is this ever going to be fixed?

[Post New]by meekssandygirl on Dec 17, 10 9:40 AM
My problem seems to be a little different than everyone else's. My mouse will not work. I was able to type in my name, and when I try to click PLAY, the mouse skips to the right. The mouse will not reach the buttons to left like OPTIONS etc. It is almost as if the screen and mouse are not lined up. And if I click anywhere on the screen, the mouse arrow quickly skips to the right.

Any ideas?

[Post New]by miavie on Dec 17, 10 10:38 AM
this is the first game i ever bought from bigfish. Sadly, it keeps crashing my pc and i had to start over again several times. also i am unable to play the bonus game, the second i push play it crashes. needless to say, i am not a happy costumer. is there a way to get a refund? thanks

yodelrags
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by yodelrags on Dec 17, 10 12:24 PM
in the bonus game play, the clock will not do anything. all hands, etc are in the right place.

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by wenchy2 on Dec 18, 10 6:03 AM
alp1003 wrote:
baglady159 wrote:
Love_my_Husky wrote:The download and installation process appeared to go smoothly. Unfortunately the game won't launch. When I click "play" absolutely nothing happens. I also tried to launch the game directly from the program folder with the same result. In order to uninstall I have to reboot my system as the computer tells me the game is running even though the "Task Manager" doesn't reflect this.

Had same problem. Reinstalling now to see if that helps. Had this happen to two other games. Reinstalling helped with one but not the other. Hope this works...

Once reinstalled it plalyed but had same lagging problem as others. Took forever to get from place to place. Before I knew it time was up and I hadn't even gotten in the front door.

I have also had the same problem. Reinstalled it but nothing changed. Have put in a ticket to the tech helps on the 13th of Dec but still haven't heard back from them...Can't say I'm too happy with Big Fish at the moment!!

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Dec 18, 10 6:13 PM
I played the game through just fine, including the bonus game. The second time I played it, I changed my profile. Because in some CE if you don't, you can't play the bonus portion again. Well with a new profile, I never got the option to play the bonus game. What is up with that? Do we use the same profile, over and over?

FawnMart
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by FawnMart on Dec 19, 10 7:36 AM
danaleigh wrote:I am missing the spade that I should get when I opened the box with the lever. Now I need the spade to move on to the next part, and I don't have it. I hope I don't have to start over. I have 42 cards!

Same for me. Picked up the spade, it did not go into inventory. No problems until that point. Hoping if i read further in the posts that this is not a 'start-over'.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Dec 19, 10 8:45 AM
Very happy for the 100s (if not 1000s) of BFGers who've enjoyed this game. But I feel for the well-over-100 BFGers (including me) who've posted tech issues. Our system meets game specs, everything's updated, yet the lagging problem exists. I do wish that BFG would look "inwardly" for a possible fix, as I, and the other "100+" posters would love to purchase the CE! I realize that games can't necessarily match everyone's system--my purchase history shows that BFG ROCKS! But this particular one? Not so much!

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Dec 19, 10 11:02 AM
elldee2728 wrote:Very happy for the 100s (if not 1000s) of BFGers who've enjoyed this game. But I feel for the well-over-100 BFGers (including me) who've posted tech issues. Our system meets game specs, everything's updated, yet the lagging problem exists. I do wish that BFG would look "inwardly" for a possible fix, as I, and the other "100+" posters would love to purchase the CE! I realize that games can't necessarily match everyone's system--my purchase history shows that BFG ROCKS! But this particular one? Not so much!

Would love to buy, but after several attempts to see the cut scenes in demo won't play and so much lag in the changing of scenes, not sure I want to try to buy and see what happens

[Post New]by DetLisa on Dec 19, 10 1:07 PM
I am so upset. I almost got to the end of the game, and it froze. I had to turn the computer off, and then, of course, my file got corrupted and now I have to start all over again. This has happened to me with other games, such as "The Black Cat", and "Haunted Hills Sanitorium". So far, MCF games have been fine. Why does this happen, and can it be fixed? and now, to make matters worse, Windows keeps closing the program, stating that there is a problem that causes the game not to work properly. I don't understand why this game isn't working at all. My system has the proper requirements (as far as I know). Maybe I should just delete this game and ask for my money back...I am certainly not able to play it.

Edited on 12/20/2010 at 9:55:49 AM PST

[Post New]by sarducci92117 on Dec 21, 10 4:06 PM
Where did the rag go??? If you click on it, it doesn't go into your inventory and the your stuck. Of course this doesn't happen in the demo, only after you pay for the CE. Definitely not worth it if you can't play it!! I see I'm not the only one with this problem. I started over to see if maybe I just missed something, but no, as soon as you click on the rag it sparkles and just disappears.

[Post New]by pjpurk on Dec 22, 10 10:24 PM
Problem with playing bonus game. Completed game and when SG disappeared at end of game, so did bonus choice. Am disappointed as this is the first game I have played to end on BF. Have purchased several other games at same time -- sure hoping there are not problems with them also.

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

The game was moving very slowly when I first downloaded it

[Post New]by caput on Dec 23, 10 5:06 PM
so I took it off and loaded it again. And purchased it because I really liked it. Worked very well until just before I go to open the gate trunk and now it has started severely lagging again. I have had no problems with any other game so I don't think it is my system. Please help as this is really aggravating.

[Post New]by snorklecat on Dec 25, 10 11:13 AM
This game is laggy and slow as molasses. It's a real shame too because I would probably buy it. Problem is, I can't even get through the demo because it's very slow. I've never had this problem before with any other game on this site.

Go to: