Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by sweetie3333 on Dec 13, 10 1:35 AM
Hi, I have bought hundreds of games from bigfish and would consider myself to be a good customer. For the past 6 months I have felt that the standards have fallen well below reasonable. The quality of at least 80% of the games has been atrocious.This has broken the camels back for me. Well done bigfish, you are now just like the rest of the selfish companies that I might as well buy from now.
I played this game for 20 minutes. What happened to a full hours demo? I deserve much better for my loyal patronage not to mention the $$$ that I have spent with bigfish.

[Post New]by Kay_Lea on Dec 13, 10 2:19 AM
This game is a no buy for me too. First off, items were extremely difficult to find making me use the hint 3 times in one scene (the third time outside the pyramid). Also, it is annoying to have the game demo end so quickly. I guess BFG is giving us just a small taste of this one. Which is plenty for me anyway since I found it boring overall. Next!

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Dec 13, 10 4:26 AM
Only lasted 15minutes then removed from my computer sorry this just not my kind of game.

kayjay97
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by kayjay97 on Dec 13, 10 4:38 AM
I almost didn't install the game but curiosity got the best of me.

I found the graphics to be very nice. While some of the objects were hard to spot they weren't impossible. The music was a tad irritating but after I adjusted the volume it was fine.I made it past Cleopatra's tomb when the sample ended

I am in the minority here. Probably because I had no technical issues but all in all it was a very nice HOG. Will I buy it? Probably not. Not because it was a bad game but because it is a straight HOG. Now if my grand kids want to play it, I will gladly buy it

[Post New]by texans_andre80 on Dec 13, 10 5:58 AM
I only have one thing to say about this game and that it is EXTREMELY BORING! I don't know why they can't get games like they use to. They must not care to much about their customers any more to expect us to buy the games they been putting out recently!

bashfuldi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by bashfuldi on Dec 13, 10 5:58 AM
heads up fishes this hog definitely has issues. Number one, it is not point and click friendly. You point and point at something that you know is the object but nothing. So you go to something else it works! Then you go back to the other object and it finally works. This game is a challenge and not in a good way. Secondly, the objects, like some of you have commented are so blended it is almost invisible. I spent a lot of time waiting for the hint button to refill. lol I think this could have been a pretty great hog if it didnt have issues. Even though I had issues I still finished the trial with 20 minutes left over. lol However, that 40 minutes I spent on the game seemed like an eternity. Oh, and please dont bother to tell us how we can fix it ...... if you cant tell by now we are not interested in becoming techs..... we are gamers. I am not going to spend money on something I have to fix. It is like buying a car .... are you interested in buying a car you can use or something that is going to be in the shop.... well, unless you are into fixing cars. Hang in there gamers maybe they will get the drift some day!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 13, 10 6:30 AM
I demo'd this game mostly because of the things I've seen in this thread. I set out to see if I could recreate any of the issues cited by any of the users. And the answer is I could not. I completed the entire demo version without a single technical issue--and I tried to break it. I had no problems with clicking on objects either. That being said, I would like to offer these suggestions to the developer for consideration in future development.

The flashes between scenes should probably be eliminated. They could pose a seizure hazard for some and for others, well, I was seeing dots for quite awhile.

The objects were blended very well--probably too well for most. Even though the genre is "hidden object" , I think most prefer the objects to be somewhat larger.

Some players have older hardware and software. Giving the option of using a custom cursor or the system cursor often helps these players.

I thought your grahics were beautiful and the storyline interesting. However, I think people were losing the flow and the rhythm because of translation.

For a first effort I thought it beautiful and interesting. I look forward to future productions from you.

BTW--I'm running Vista Home Premium 64/Intel i7/8GB RAM/ATI Radeon HD4860/DirectX10 with 24" HD monitor.

Edited on 12/14/2010 at 7:42:01 AM PST

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Dec 13, 10 6:46 AM
l didn´t read all the posts here, just a few. But due to all that what l read, really wanted to know if this game is really so bad.
l have to say it isn´t.
As it was said, it is a straight H O game, the items are well hidden, but not very hard to find. l didn´t need a hint at all, just tried it to see how it works.
For that l usually skip the music, l can´t say much about it. it wasn´t bothering, but could if it´s repetitive.
l had not the littlest bug while playing, no item l had to click twice, no slow, floating, disappearing or whatever cursor and the "white flash", how some called it, wasn´t too bad for me.
The puzzles were too easy for my taste, but that doesn´t mean it couldn´t be a bit harder, if you go on playing. The game could have a better story line, it´s just short and very simple, but some may like this.
May be like some said, l have the right touch with games and rarely a bug, but this game definitely hasn´t any for me!
The only thing l didn´t like much was, that l too finished the demo in around 20 min.

So my conclusion: it isn´t an outstanding game, but it works, it fits its genre and it isn´t so bad as mentioned.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Dec 13, 10 7:16 AM
Hi fishies,

Just popping in to quickly remind people that this thread is for comments and reviews about the game.

If you feel any user complaints please PM a member of the moderation team.

Remember the number one pond rule while uncovering both secrets and mysteries :

Treat other posters with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other forum users will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Dec 13, 10 7:35 AM
weiss,,,,,tex,,,,are you really plants by the dev???

welcome to the pond christmas and hiya kayjay

bad form and against tos accusing another user of multiple id,s , when any game is released there are new or low count posters, being so rude to them is wrong...and bullying

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Dec 13, 10 7:46 AM
jewsecretdev wrote:My cursor disappeared during the fuse puzzle and I couldn't escape the scene or the game no matter what I tried. I had to pull the plug to escape. That's as specific as I can get. Better luck in the future.
Dr.good
p.s. was this game ever beta'ed?

I honestly do not know what could be the problem - before release the game we did the tests more than 50 different computers, never before this problem did not arise as you can see on the forum you are the first who has a problem--sorry for this but I have only one suspect that your computer just not compatible with your computer or you have not latest drivers...please update you drivers and start the game with new profile.On more sorry and Thanks.

Huh must have been my computer too then, cause the same thing happened to me. Had to unplug and remove the battery to get the game off my screen. And I know for a fact that it wasn't my 'puter, it was the game

suzy230
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by suzy230 on Dec 13, 10 8:25 AM
This game needs more testing, the cursor sticks, there is sometimes no response when you click an object, and of course, some objects are way too hard to find. I will not purchase this game.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 13, 10 8:47 AM
bella81762 wrote:weiss,,,,,tex,,,,are you really plants by the dev???

bad form and against tos accusing another user of multiple id,s , when any game is released there are new or low count posters, being so rude to them is wrong...and bullying

LOL--Well, I guess one could guess that...but, no--I just reported objectively that I encountered no problems with the game and offered some sugestions in a postive way.

frostledge
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by frostledge on Dec 13, 10 9:24 AM
I didn't have any issues with the game as far as bugs, however, finishing the "trial" in 19 minutes doesn't allow me give a true assessment of the game other than I didn't have bugs in the first 19 minutes. I reached the sarcophagus and poof it ended. Total bummer. To me if it's offered as a trial, then it should be a 60 minute trial, not a sample and I'm not a fast gamer by any means. I just like to try to get as much game in even if it means skipping puzzles because I want to see more of the scenes and can always go back and start over once I know it's one worth buying.

I did however find that it was too easy for me and I didn't feel challenged at all so it will be a no buy for me. It's a shame because the graphics on the postcard scenes at the end seemed like they would have been really amazing to look at, but if I'm not challenged in any way, then it's not worth a credit to me.

I do agree about the music gets repetitious and am bummed that it's about quantity of getting games out these days rather than quality. There will be glitches here and there as it's just the way it is, but it seems like the games released lately aren't challenging enough, have scores of bugs in them, are CE's or just aren't my cup of tea. I have over 70 BF games and am finding I'm getting very selective of what I buy because I'm disappointed in the games as of late. I know everyone goes through slumps, but I would really like to see less games released and be of a higher caliber, than scores of games released just to be able to say we release one each day. RTR, DIre Grove, Madame Fate are of excellent quality that many here seem to relish. It's a shame that more devs can't or don't try to strive for that type of quality in each of their games. Sorry, but this game just didn't' ring my bell.......

To the person who spoke about the Civil War HOG, you are SO RIGHT!!!!! I was so excited about the game and when I played it, I didn't even use the 60 minutes, I just dumped it. That was about as good as the Wizard of Oz HOG that came out a few months ago that people hated. It wasn't a matter of hidden objects but invisible objects. As a dev, I would say if I can't find the objects, then how can I expect anyone to find them?

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Dec 13, 10 9:37 AM
I agree w/WiccanWoman's posts, but I also wanted to comment on the developer's comment about English being diff to translate using computer software. I have a simple solution, HIRE A TRANSLATOR who speaks both your language and US English. A lot cheaper than using sales don't you think? Or just show any kid the objects and ask them to name them in English.

BTW I have no puter issues w/this game and I stand by my earlier post as to why I don't like it.

Edited on 12/13/2010 at 9:40:29 AM PST

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Dec 13, 10 9:54 AM

As I wasn't crazy about the game because I do not like the straightforwards HOGs much anymore. Also I have to say the graphics were a little grainy and objects were very difficult to find.

I want to mention that I did not have any issues with bugs, glitches or errors. The game ran perfectly fine for me.

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Dec 13, 10 10:04 AM
textrekkie wrote:
bella81762 wrote:weiss,,,,,tex,,,,are you really plants by the dev???

LOL--Well, I guess one could guess that...but, no--I just reported objectively that I encountered no problems with the game and offered some sugestions in a postive way.

LOL tex, so true.
Plant? Ummm... let me have a look..
NO! Still fins, no green, not even booger green.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Dec 13, 10 10:19 AM
Aside from the game rebooting my computer after about a half hour of play... I didn't much care for this game. It's a straight HOG. And the music needed to change more often - it felt incessant. It was while I was turning down the music volume in options, and trying to go back to playing the game, when my computer rebooted. I don't know for sure how long into it I was because after the reboot, the BF game manager still listed that I had 60 minutes of time left.

And a note to the developer - there's so many really awesome hidden object games on this site, that you really have some tough competition here.

Edited on 12/13/2010 at 10:26:18 AM PST

jacksjen
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by jacksjen on Dec 13, 10 11:24 AM
uhm, merry christmas everyone

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 13, 10 12:18 PM
bashfuldi wrote: heads up fishes this hog definitely has issues. Number one, it is not point and click friendly. You point and point at something that you know is the object but nothing. So you go to something else it works! Then you go back to the other object and it finally works. This game is a challenge and not in a good way. Secondly, the objects, like some of you have commented are so blended it is almost invisible. I spent a lot of time waiting for the hint button to refill. lol I think this could have been a pretty great hog if it didnt have issues. Even though I had issues I still finished the trial with 20 minutes left over. lol However, that 40 minutes I spent on the game seemed like an eternity. Oh, and please dont bother to tell us how we can fix it ...... if you cant tell by now we are not interested in becoming techs..... we are gamers. I am not going to spend money on something I have to fix. It is like buying a car .... are you interested in buying a car you can use or something that is going to be in the shop.... well, unless you are into fixing cars. Hang in there gamers maybe they will get the drift some day!

We can only hope.

Go to: