Brandyco
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny

[Post New]by Brandyco on Jan 1, 11 11:04 AM
Thank you Big Fish. Haven't bought a game in 3 months because all the HOGs which I don't play. So happy to be able to find a new LF game!

[Post New]by kaykaii on Jan 2, 11 11:16 PM
I must say after playing the first two installments of the series I have gotten better at playing this game without the help of a walkthrough. If this is the first time playing, you should know that it is unlike other games. You're thrown into scenes without much help or hints and you never know what the object of the game is. You have to put the clues together and solve the puzzles with all the objects you collect in your inventory. There will be a lot of running back and forth between places but it's the fun part of being a detective.

I thought this game was a lot easier than FBI Confidential and The Hunt for the Puppeteer. There were less frustrating puzzles such as the "fix the tire" and "the slider puzzle" in the puppeteer and the "the lights in the basement" in FBI Confidential. A walkthough is still inevitable because at times you just don't know what to do even if you have picked up all the items. The conversations between the characters still frustrates me, they talk so SLOW and sometimes when you right click to speed it up, you miss part of the conversation. I will recommend to always save your game because you never know when you'll perform the wrong move and you die. You cannot skip puzzles, therefore if you do not have the patience I don't recommend this game or find a good walkthrough. I definitely enjoy the graphics but the storyline can be a little bit confusing. Overall i rate it an 8 out of 10

VanRonk
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by VanRonk on Jan 3, 11 7:55 AM
I agree with kaykaii's comments above.

I love RPG's (Role Playing Games) and would personally have a separate genre at BFG for them. I really enjoyed the first two Art of Murder games, they keep your brain ticking over.
So far I'm only at the factory in this game, but it's already brilliant. You are hunting a serial killer.
I would humbly suggest if you like RPG's that you start with FBI Confidential, the first in the series. In my view, they are all worth every penny.

My top 5 games would be both Syberia games and the 3 Art of Murder series.

Happy gaming......

[Post New]by Coffeebeans on Jan 3, 11 10:09 AM
Just one thing----does this game have a slider puzzle in it? I liked to have never solved the one in the last Art of Murder game I played. Thanks to a fellow "fishie" I was able to load a save and continue the game to the end. If it doesn't I will go ahead and buy.

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

[Post New]by Beingknown on Jan 4, 11 7:00 PM
Coffeebeans wrote:Just one thing----does this game have a slider puzzle in it? I liked to have never solved the one in the last Art of Murder game I played. Thanks to a fellow "fishie" I was able to load a save and continue the game to the end. If it doesn't I will go ahead and buy.

No sliders

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny

[Post New]by Beingknown on Jan 4, 11 7:16 PM
I enjoyed this game and I applaud BFG for adding a new adventure game! The Hidden Objects games bore me to tears and strain my eyes. I'd MUCH rather solve puzzles, explore interesting areas and enjoy interactive tasks, as only adventure games permit. Overall, the graphics in this game are good quality, the story line interesting and the puzzles logical, and creative. I missed not having the full 360 spectrum view, or the point of character perspective in this game, but I know those features make some gamers feel dizzy. The only things I found tedious in this game were the long conversations between characters, so I just rapid clicked through them, as they are not necessary for any puzzle solving. Clicking the ? in the lower right corner of the game screen reveals potential areas of interest, but I recommend not clicking it unless you have finished exploring an area on your own, as I found them to be spoilers. If you find yourself "stuck" in a location, there is a task you have not discovered, and would be a good time to use the ? for hints. Happy Gaming

Edited on 01/04/2011 at 7:17:39 PM PST

[Post New]by stargazerlea on Jan 5, 11 6:45 AM
Not got the game yet. Ordered it and it's due to arrive some time today!

I love the Art of Murder series. I love the charecters and the game play. I feel I can play at my own pace with these games rather than have to rush with hidden object games or time management so adventure games are what I want to play when I'm chilling out. Looking forward to playing it now. I do think that if you don't like to be in the same place for hours or don't like sneaking a peak at the walkthroughs sometimes then it's not for you.

(Didn't realise shortening hidden object games to it's initials was swearing?)

Edited on 01/05/2011 at 6:48:32 AM PST

[Post New]by modelflyer on Jan 5, 11 4:20 PM
This game is not for me. I fed the kitty like so many gamers did and could not go any further.
The BEST games I got from Big Fish are: "Mystery files - Dire Grove." I can recommend that game to everyone.
Another one is: "The Great Gatsby". Both are excellent games.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 8, 11 11:48 AM
Add me to the "loved it!" list. I didn't use the walkthrough but the forum was great when I got stuck. I enjoyed the story as well. I think the plot idea was rather clever.
The motive was certainly different!

I had no technical problems.

This is a 5 out of 6 in terms of difficulty and I'd give it 8.5 out of 10.

rs63
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by rs63 on Jan 9, 11 12:57 PM
Another in the series of Art of Murder which I enjoyed playing...this is not a game for those who enjoy picking up numerous objects to progress to the next level (HOG games)...I have enjoyed many of those games too from BFG, but this type of adventure game/series is a welcomed escape from most offered, except the Mystery Case Files games which come out about once per year...this game can be frustrating at certain points, however isn't that the major reason we purchase the games anyway...ya think?

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 13, 11 9:40 AM
The graphics are well done, 3D style. The gameplay is adventure. I had a hard time figuring out what to do with a few things. I think the heroine is a tad lazy. The storyline is amazing. Well done!

This game is an A.

beamer37
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by beamer37 on Jan 13, 11 12:06 PM
Great Game. Frustrating at times but still made it through. Glad I did it.

[Post New]by naynay0510 on Jan 15, 11 1:12 PM
Belladonna32 wrote:help Please.
I love adventure games and would really like to buy this one but I got completely stuck in the demo and when I went to the walkthrough couldn't do what it was telling me.
SPOILER ALERT
I had the box & opened it with the file. But when I tried to take the bulb and the bolt there was a flash and apparent replay of the opening shots and after that I couldn't get the bolt or the bulb out of the box. The walkthrough says to put the rusty bolt into the glass of water with the pills but it just won't go. Am I using the wrong controls or do I have a glitch. other gamers have obviously got way past this point so I don't think it can be the game.
I've looked at 2 different walkthroughs but neither mentions the cut scene and both just tell me to "take the bulb & the bolt"
Any help would be much appreciated since I have now run out of time on the demo & don't want to buy unless I'm sure I can continue playing.

[Post New]by naynay0510 on Jan 15, 11 1:14 PM
I cannot even open the box with the file...I cannot figure out why. Just keeps telling me "that doesn't work", blah, blah, blah. I have quit 3 times, gone back to the walk-through, back to the game, tried to open the box. Same result. Won't let me open the box. Is there a trick to this?

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Jan 16, 11 8:35 PM
No slider puzzles??? Darn!!! Those are my favorites!!! The reviews on this game are so great, and I'm ready for a challange, so I'm off to download. This will be the first game I've downloaded on my new laptop with Windows 7, so keep your fingers crossed that everything will run smoothly!! Looks like it's gonna be a LONG night for me! LOLLLL

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Jan 17, 11 7:50 AM
Holy Crow!! This is one challanging game!! It could be that I'm just a moron!!! It took me over an hour just to "get one thing out of another".... in the FIRST chapter!! Now I can't give "something to someone" and will have to play that chapter all over... AGAIN!! Not complaining, I really LOVE this game and am glad I chose it.

Just want to remind everyone playing to frequently save their progress, especially after completing a chapter.

I pulled an all nighter with this one, snoozed for 20 minutes before taking my daughter to the dentist at 8:00 this morning... I love/hate getting sucked so deeply in a great game!!

Have a good day... you know where I'll be....

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Jan 21, 11 10:05 AM
Just finished!!! ....Took me 5 days of at least 6 hours per day (I'm home on sick leave). You will definitely get your money's worth in buying this game! That being a given, I have this to say about Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny:

1) I'm not going to review the game, that's been done enough in the forum, and if you haven't gotten a feel for whether this game is for you by now, you never will.

2) I've read a lot of griping about how hard the game was, and how fishies have blown the game off, even before they completed the first scene. This really saddens me... If you want instant gratification, this game is NOT for you.... go play some Match 3s.

3) This game makes you THINK!! You have to be a reader, listener, observer, tinkerer, and an athlete. (A LOT of foot work!!!) I feel it is best played when you have large chunks of time to sit and devote to it... too many subtle things happen for you to notice when you keep leaving and returning to the game.

4) There are some good (but not great) walkthroughs for this game. I really took advantage of their help. Another great source of help is this forum!!! Post any questions and your fellow fishies are most happy to help, and in a timely manner as well!! Read all of the postings before asking your question though, the answer to your question may have been answered already (several times over)!!

Thanks Big Russ and Cinder555 for your assistance, I couldn't have finished this game wih out you!!

[Post New]by sarahbelle26 on Jan 21, 11 11:46 AM
Escape key!

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

Not for me.

[Post New]by alowan on Jan 26, 11 2:13 PM
Nope, I won't be buying this. For the huge file size, I didn't get much. This review is based on the demo.

The hints are useless, just indicating what to look at. That's no help, when I've looked at it 3 times already and still have no clue.

There's no way to skip the long opening scene. I like to skip them on demos, so I get more playing time.

There's no journal. I rely on journals to supplement my poor memory.

Worst, you have to remember to save the game! Whassup with that? It's the first BFG game in which I've ever had to save my progress. You'd think, with that huge file, they could program an autosave.

I've had a better time playing games of 26 mb.

[Post New]by Princessdana on Jan 26, 11 4:48 PM
hate the ending!! After everything i cannot even contemplate trying to solve a random puzzle..the propellor blades..I quit!

Go to: