Re:"Cannons in swamp" explanations compiled here

[Post New]by Nikkihj on Jan 19, 14 12:20 PM
Help!!! I'm on the third cannon I already pumped the boat up a while back ! I have got the numbers off the map I'm putting them in correctly but it's doing nothing ???!!! What do I do ???? I can't finish the game

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 20, 14 7:41 PM
Hi Nikkihj, welcome to the forum!
Most folks in this predicament find they have gotten one of the roman numerals wrong. Here are some tips from the first page of this thread that may help you:

1) Make sure you're using the exact sequence of 6 numbers, and that it's the sequence matching the symbol on the cannon.
I know I'm repeating other posts, but: each cannon has a symbol that corresponds to the map bits on only one side of the map, and they have to be entered into the cannon in the exact order the bits are arranged in- for the 6 bits on the top of the map, that's left to right, and for the bits on the sides, it's top to bottom.

2) Double-check the incorrect number on the map to make sure you wrote it down correctly. (I've played the game through 4 times, and on my 3rd go I wrote a number down wrong... put VII when it was VIII.)
Also, there are a couple of numbers on the map that are sideways; all the ones I've had read from bottom to top (left to right if you'd turned the map sideways once to the right), but I won't swear that's true for every number on the map that's sideways. Point being that if your number's on the map sideways, try inputting it backwards from the way you wrote it down.

3) Double-check the stamp/map bit the number's based on; zoom in to the map, and make absolutely sure it EXACTLY matches the map. There are several locations which are similar, and there are several locations where numbers are close together... in both cases you may have written down a wrong number. (I did that too!)

Good luck!!

[Post New]by kOoL_aiDe on Feb 23, 14 11:20 PM
Dear fellow fishers,

I have found myself in the 3rd cannon predicament. However, it is not the numeral placement, but I like one other poster (nikiihj) had already inflated my raft. For whatever reason, I can cross over to the 3rd cannon in the raft. Yet I still get the hint message telling me to find and inflate the raft!!!

I tried to go ahead and enter my numerals on the 3rd cannon, but to no avail. I tried to backtrack to the original tire inflator but no luck there either. I'm seriously ready to jab my eyes out! But before I blind myself, I hope there is a solution from one of my guppies.

Fingers xxxx.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 25, 14 11:06 PM
kOoL_aiDe wrote:Dear fellow fishers,

I have found myself in the 3rd cannon predicament. However, it is not the numeral placement, but I like one other poster (nikiihj) had already inflated my raft. For whatever reason, I can cross over to the 3rd cannon in the raft. Yet I still get the hint message telling me to find and inflate the raft!!!

I tried to go ahead and enter my numerals on the 3rd cannon, but to no avail. I tried to backtrack to the original tire inflator but no luck there either. I'm seriously ready to jab my eyes out! But before I blind myself, I hope there is a solution from one of my guppies.

Fingers xxxx.

Hi kOoL_aiDe! Welcome to the forum! Since this appears to be a relatively new issue, I'm wondering if you both are playing on an iPad? As far as I am aware there is no fix for this, so you should probably get in touch with tech support directly. Since this is an older game, there probably is not much hope for a fix, but perhaps they have some suggestions for a work-around. Sorry I don't have better news.

ETA: Apparently this is not all that new, I found a post dated from August of 2012 in an iPad forum about this issue (so I'm still guessing you're on an iPad). But still found no solution - so my suggestion stands - get in touch with tech support. And please let us know if there is a fix! Thanks! Good luck!

Edited on 02/25/2014 at 11:15:33 PM PST

Go to: