Re:Post any Mystery of Mortlake Mansion technical issues here only

[Post New]by MollicusMoo on Apr 26, 11 9:14 AM
WilJul wrote:
Have you contacted BFG tech support directly? You can do so by using the green envelope to the right of these posts.

Thanks WilJul I will do so. Perhaps wrongly assumed that as there were issues with the game something would be put on here!

[Post New]by agrahul96 on May 15, 11 10:55 PM
i ve windows xp and i have buy the game Mystery of Mortlake Mansion. 1st few time i can play it well and when i opened it third i was just very much angry to see that there was a error........
The error was Exeption_Execute_Handler.....I restart my machine,try to open it many times,reinstalled it twice.But the erroe still occured. I was just amazed that such a beutiful game didn't work...................

Please help me!
I ve windows XP

Thanks.

Rahul

anderkat
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by anderkat on Dec 19, 11 11:57 AM
TrainerDi wrote:I was so happy to have a game without problems - I thought! I am almost finished and was enjoying it very much. My problem is that I can't pick the horseshoe up in the cabinet. I can see it but when I go to the highlighted cabinet - it is empty. Yet when I am in the room (shadowy diningroom) I can see it there. Can't go any further until I can get the horseshoe. Please help, TrainerDi

I am having exactly the same problem. So frustrating to get so far into the game and run into a glitch like this. HELP!!!!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 19, 11 1:55 PM
Hi anderkat,

If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to check the walkthrough, just to make sure that you haven't accidentally missed any steps along the way.

If you've already done this and are still having troubles, you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps. Creating a new player profile is another option, but please keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If none of these tips help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by Just_Little_o_Me on Dec 29, 11 10:36 PM
bluesax44 wrote:I have the same problem after inserting the blue crystal the mini game has not come up what can i do? i have just purchased this game so angry that i cannot play it grrrr

Me too. Blue Crystal game is blank and no way to exit. Any ideas?

[Post New]by player1964 on Mar 8, 12 11:24 AM
I had the same problem most of you have had. Love the game !! I am on a dell xps 1530 laptop windows vista 32bit. Played for a few days then staring to shut down. Would flash then nothing. No play at all. Uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing worked, but i didn't give up. Ok Here is what I did. I first did a system restore to the date that the game did play well. Uninstalled the game. Go to C:/ drive in program files to make sure there is no remnant of it. I downloaded Gamer3 at
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html it optimizes your computer while gaming automatically , real easy. A one button to put it in gaming and one button to put it back. Reinstalled the game and it works perfectly !!!! Just takes too much memory, but when you use gamer3 it disable some programs. Have had no problems with viruses from this program or it messing up my computer, which I was totally worried about. Hope this works for some of you !

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Mar 12, 12 4:18 PM
December 20, 2010...4:59 AM ... posted tech issue but post did not go thru so did not want to retype so left it as 'flustrated' with trying this game....but now its March 12, 2012 and have same issue!

October 16, 2011...old DELL puter 'crashed', replaced with new....recently did a 'drfelixfix' and C/S were wonderful, so did all my homework, all updates (only needed one)...cleaned out all the 'junk in the trunk' as I do weekly...but still this game has done the same...
d/l..fine
Game & BFG logo...fine
Screenshot of game waiting to load...got finished loading...BAM! back to GM!...did this twice...so its a NO BUY!
Yes I could uninstall/reinstall but just not necessary as tired tired tired at this time and it would be nice as it was a COW price! O! Well!

pjw4
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by pjw4 on Mar 12, 12 8:33 PM
I see a lot of technical issues with this game from December. Has anyone had problems recently or have the issues been fixed? I played a little of the demo and stopped in the observatory because it would not let me place the last planet; very frustrating! Was thinking about buying the game because of the reviews, but would like some recent tech reports.

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Mar 15, 12 1:29 AM
I'm on Mac 10.6.8. The trial version went okay way back when, so I bought the game today. Yikes! It's as slow as molasses. It failed to fully load several times. I deleted the game and reinstalled (had already changed user name). It finally, painfully, opened, & has been pathetically slow since. I'd like this game to work! But if it doesn't, then I hope BFG is prepared to refund. Migraine City.

Edited on 03/15/2012 at 1:30:17 AM PST

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Anyone Else Got Flickering Screen? Tech Support never answered my Email

[Post New]by Nana6177 on Mar 15, 12 9:55 PM
I had issues also, my screeen flickered. It was just as fast as blinking, at first I thought this was a "creative" effect. But I just kept happening. I had to stop playing, I never had an epilectic seizure before and I don't want one now! I emailed tech support, haven't heard back from them. I too noticed all the complaints dating back a few years, you'd think they would have fixed any bugs by now. My computer is only 2-3 months old and the game is years old so I know its not that. Shame cuz I really liked the way it looked.

[Post New]by brandyysnapp on Mar 18, 12 1:32 PM
Since this game is the catch of the week, I thought I'd give it a try.
I wish I hadn't.
I'm on a Mac OS X 10.5.8 and this game took about 10 minutes; just to load!
Then another 5 minutes to get to the menu screen.
It was still slow as molasses so I tried to quit.
Several times.
Also using keyboard commands.
Finally another 5 minutes later and I was out!
I had spent 20 minutes of game time yet I hadn't even played the game.
And I never will.
I don't care how nice the graphics are, they're not worth the time.

bobo144
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bobo144 on Jan 21, 13 7:15 AM
I just re-installed this game to my new computer and wish I hadn't devoted several hours to playing... I also had two cursors when I started playing, however exiting and re-entering seemed to solve that issue. I couldn't open the map - ever. I had gathered all of the crystals and was near completion and decided to take a break and exited. When I returned, nothing had been saved. Bummer!

[Post New]by Sam_I_am4 on Feb 18, 13 9:58 PM
Hi, so I just got the game two days ago and I have a brand new computer, (windows 8), and the game loads fine, but I'm still in the beginning and from what the walkthrough says I should be placing the green crystal in the desk in the library, but the desk wont open and I'm just so confused, if someone could pm me and tell me what I'm doing wrong or tell me if it's a system problem please do Thanks all!

[Post New]by angelamcintosh on Nov 29, 13 7:42 AM
I cannot use the knife to rip the pillow to progress further,I had no problems with the demo,but as soon as I bought the game,there's been problems,the rest were fixed with an update,but still the pillow in the bedroom with the ghost,won't allowcme to progress,please help,thanks

Go to: