Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Tamara the 13th

[Post New]by Queesa on Dec 30, 10 3:56 PM
Subject matter had potential, but the extremely small graphics for find items was a big let down! No Purchase for this one.

[Post New]by nigeltkatt on Dec 30, 10 8:03 PM
I had to try it just to see if it really was that bad.

Yes it was. The objects were incredibly hard to find because they were small, and barely had distinguishing features from the surrounding areas. . Sure, you're given an outline of a completed item that needs to be found, but the popup of the component pieces was so tiny and undetailed that it barely made sense.

Lovely graphics, hated the whining villian voice.

Not a buy for me when there are such better awesome adventure and HOG games like Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison (just finished playing it).

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Dec 30, 10 8:37 PM
well i had just started to d/load the demo, and decided to check out the forum while waiting..well am no longer going to try..i usually try games regardless of the comments, just to see for myself, but considering there are only 2 "good' reviews about this game, in the whole 6 pages..wont bother...

Victoria5
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Victoria5 on Dec 31, 10 6:27 AM
I really am feeling let down with every game I download lately. Either they don't work probably or like this one you need the hint button in order to find the item. I am very disappointed with the quality of games Big Fish is delivering. I have been a member for quite some time and really looked forward to the HOGs (which I love) but recently it feels like BF is trying too hard to create something different, and they are unsuccessful in doing so and we are suffering. The Collector's Editions appear to just be way to obtain more money -- I am still waiting for several of the recent Collector's Editions to come out in a normal edition which I don't think is going to happen. This game is awful -- What were you thinking? Did anyone at BF play this game before it was released? In the past two days I have downloaded a game twice and still it did not work and now this one. You really need some quality control. I am sorry to use this forum as a complaint window but I am very disappointed.

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Dec 31, 10 7:18 AM
VERY BORING FOR ME, BUT STILL GOOD THOUGH. NO TECH ISSUES. ITEMS ARE REALLY HARD TO FIND. IT WAS JUST TO EASY FOR ME. SO ILL PASS ON THIS ONE.

snailysue
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by snailysue on Dec 31, 10 11:08 AM
I tried very hard to like this game but it's not for me. I found that searching for bits of things you used right away was not stimulating, but most importantly for me is that it is incredibly annoying when you click on other things to have that damn message keep coming up to tell me what my goal is!

Having to click on it to close it every time before I could move on had me spitting teeth!

Maybe if I was cleverer I'd know instantly what to do in a new scene and wouldnt need to click the background for clues ... sheesh!

annita33
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,725 Posts

[Post New]by annita33 on Dec 31, 10 12:56 PM
I love IHO games and I thought I was pretty good at them but even with the hint I still couldn't find some of the objects. Yep I am unistalling this one I didn't even finish the demo.

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Dec 31, 10 1:11 PM
tuttepeever wrote:Such a huge disappointment. The graphics were pretty but too difficult to find the hidden object. My finger wore out using the hint button.

A definite NO BUY for me.

Agreed. I like a challenge, but I don't want to go blind sticking my face up against the monitor trying to find such tiny pieces of things.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Dec 31, 10 7:24 PM
I have to admit that if I had not jumped the gun and bought this before I spent much time on the demo, I probably would not have purchased it. Since I did buy it I gritted my teeth and found the walkthrough. The objects are very hard to find and once you do find them they are often hard to place. Several times I thought I was trying to put an item in the wrong place but the program was just picky about how you put the item down. The other problem with the program that I noticed is that some of the objects are out of the viewing area. I thought it might just be my screen setup so I switched to the window version. The items were still outside the viewing area.
I did get through the game with occasional peeks at the walkthrough. Spent about 6 hours, would be faster if you used the walkthrough more but I only used it when I was really frustrated. I did enjoy the game since I could peek when the going got bad. I do like hunting and puzzling.
Not for the faint of heart or people with weak eyes.

Edited on 12/31/2010 at 7:47:33 PM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Dec 31, 10 7:42 PM
It's like trying to find a polar bear in the middle of a blizzard. If they wanted to make the items impossible to find they should have had a blank black screen and a hint button.
Worst I've seen in a long time

Edited on 12/31/2010 at 7:42:50 PM PST

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Dec 31, 10 9:07 PM
WORST. GAME. EVER.

Without the walkthough and the hint button I would have never finished it and I'm one of those people that rarely uses either.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jan 1, 11 12:22 PM
I wanted to like this game so bad... but nope. I couldnt see anything, I was using the walkthrough and still could not see the hidden objects.

Not a buy for me at any price.

Happy game day to all

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jan 1, 11 7:38 PM
can't believe i just plowed through that one...

played through the whole demo time just to see how far i could get before [a] time ran out or [b] i got the most massive headache in the world!

well, i got earth, air, and water magic... though no easy feat that was!

i don't think you will need a walkthrough should you decide to play this game to its end... just a cartload of patience for the hint recharge... if you try to go anywhere or do anything that you're not supposed to, your male companion will quickly set you on the right track...

now, i've seen FROGs that were 'challenging,' but this one really takes the cake! OMG! the things you're looking for are already small, so when you're looking for fragments... they are oh-so-tiny and almost always the same color of whatever they happen to be hiding next to - rock, tree, grass, leaves... ICK!

anyway, i think you get the picture! this a big

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jan 2, 11 5:44 AM
Holy cow! After 10 minutes I was ready to tear my hair oout and throuw out my computer./..then the lightbulb went off..it's the game! I started so lame but I was wanting to look past that,,,but then absolutely impossible to find anything without solid dependance on the hint button. I think the developer must think we have x-ray or super-vision. Anyway, glad to look in here and see that everyone felt the same. It's a goner, an uninstall, a toss in the Gar-Baage. Shucks.
Kris

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jan 2, 11 10:54 AM
I had to use the hint button for almost every object and even then I sometimes couldn't find the object! What a mess!! Could have been a really great game. No buy.

foxlyn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by foxlyn on Jan 2, 11 2:13 PM
I admit I was annoyed the first 10 minutes, too. But sometimes I find if I give a game a chance I like it. And I certainly did with this one. Yes, it is extremely hard to find some of the objects, but not impossible and isn't that the point? After the first part with the Green Man I found I had gotten the hang of it. I liked being challenged and I liked paying something different. As for the artwork, it was lovely. And I liked the chakra music, too.

awvines
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by awvines on Jan 3, 11 7:34 AM
foxlyn wrote:I admit I was annoyed the first 10 minutes, too. But sometimes I find if I give a game a chance I like it. And I certainly did with this one. Yes, it is extremely hard to find some of the objects, but not impossible and isn't that the point? After the first part with the Green Man I found I had gotten the hang of it. I liked being challenged and I liked paying something different. As for the artwork, it was lovely. And I liked the chakra music, too.

Agreed! I made it half way, but I probably won't buy until I have a spare credit laying around. The trick to this game is to realize how to help yourself; keeping your cursor on an object you're looking for GIVES YOU a picture of exactly what to find, color and all, although the object or piece of an object might be a different size than the clue. There are only 3 scenes for each section of the game, and the pieces are usually scattered around the scenes. Once I passed the cave (the most difficult IMHO), I only used hints to get done more quickly so I could see as much of the game as possible.

Is this game a traditional HOG? Nope. Is it to everyone's taste? Nope. But that's fine with me - I certainly don't expect BF to cater to my preferences only.

M2Gooner
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by M2Gooner on Jan 3, 11 7:50 AM
I hated this game. Overall artwork was lovely but the HOG items were difficult to see -- even on a wide screen monitor. Also, you have to click on or around the items in just the right spot for it to be selected. The "puzzles" were very simple and no challenge whatsoever. This game was infuriating and frustrating. I didn't even want to finish the demo and, consequently, will definitely not be buying it.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 4, 11 12:46 PM
Hi Fishies!

I just wanted to swim by real quick to say that more reviews for Tamara the 13th can be found here as well, so be sure to check them out if you're curious.

Thanks and happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

noahnana
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by noahnana on Jan 4, 11 6:41 PM
I could only trudge through 12 minutes of the trial, this was a terrible game. The graphics were so bad I couldn't find anything without the hint button. Way too tedious to be enjoyable. I wish the game developers would remember that we're supposed to be having fun, not straining our eyes.

Go to: