Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 7, 11 1:22 PM
I've just replayed this game a second time and loved it. It's a very underrated game and some of the negative reviews may be because there isn't enough time in the demo before things really get interesting. This was game is one of the most delightful surprises for me, since some reviews were not very positive. Perhaps my time clock is just warped enough to make this game just right for me.

The storyline is interesting and the graphics well done. There are lots of interesting and varied puzzles to work on - recipes to prepare, a mouse maze, a jigsaw puzzle, slider puzzle, a jump the pegs puzzle and a very unique card game that I replayed several times to achieve more diamonds and just because it was so much fun. The style of artwork and realism made the puzzles very enjoyable. Also, there were very few h.o.g's, which was a nice break from the norm.

You use a clock to help to find "flux" objects that can't be seen otherwise, and the clock gains more abilities as you find more gears throughout the game - first copper gears, then silver, gold, diamond and platinum. Each set of gears gives you new abilities to do things such as move objects backward or forward in time, which is a nice, unique twist.

There are small "items" in each scene to be found and later converted into another "item" that is used as currency in the general store. The converter machine to acquire this currency was really cute, though some reviews stated they didn't like how time consuming that was. For me, it was fun to kick back and watch this process take place, trying to choose from five slots to try to achieve the highest amount I could.

There's just enough suggestions from the characters to help move you along when you are stuck and wondering where to go next. This is what makes it more of an adventure game rather than an interactive hidden object game. Even with hints from the characters, you really have to think about what you should do next. It probably took me about four hours, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I know I'll play it again in a few weeks or months.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Jan 7, 11 4:18 PM
nightmusk wrote:its a no buy for me too
just coulnt make sense of it at all
i usually like these type of games too
uninstalled after 15 mins

I'm there with you...spending so much time wandering & wondering wth to do. I keep coming back to the forum & reading then looking at the walkthru. I still cannot figure out the workings. I'm supposed to look in the park for the silver gears but can't get out the gate & there is nothing I can see or click maddeningly on at this point) to help. Too irritating & frustrating & the hints are freakin ridiculous.

sarah451
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by sarah451 on Jan 9, 11 5:01 PM
The story is good, the graphics are nice. All in all, I like the game and am not sorry I paid for it. That said ...
The music probably shouldn't be using the musical phrase from Timewarp a la Rocky Horror without permission, which I'll wager they didn't get. That is theft, no matter whether they did it as an homage or because they thought it was cute.
The "help" is a joke: all it does is flash a screen with the basics of getting around. If you need instructions for the games in the toy shop, you are out of luck.
The hints are also useless, as all they do is point out coal, diamonds and objects that are not time stabilized. No pointing to the next thing to do or suggesting you look elsewhere.
There are a lot of places where the next move is not remotely obvious, and useful hints would have been welcome. That can be good if you want a challenging game or bad if you are tearing your hair out trying to figure out where to go.
I would recommend it, but only after you play the full hour on the trial and see if you like they way it works, lack of hints, etc.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jan 11, 11 2:28 PM
I guess this is another game I will never finish. I cannot do the four clocks no matter how I try. I do wish it had either a skip button or not random. Otherwise I enjoyed the game. Only one other game I never finished and it was Azada. The robot got me there.

[Post New]by ukraftykid on Jan 11, 11 3:59 PM
Where have you hidden the walkthrough. I found it last night but it seems to have disappeared tonight. I am totally stuck between the clocktower, toy shop and general. I keep going to the station to get out, the only good thing about that is that I get more coal. I have bought items in the general but have no idea what to do with them. I am also stuck on how to fix the elevator so I can get up to the next floor. Please help, it is driving me maaaaaaaaaaadddddddddd.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 11, 11 4:04 PM
ukraftykid wrote:Where have you hidden the walkthrough. I found it last night but it seems to have disappeared tonight. I am totally stuck between the clocktower, toy shop and general. I keep going to the station to get out, the only good thing about that is that I get more coal. I have bought items in the general but have no idea what to do with them. I am also stuck on how to fix the elevator so I can get up to the next floor. Please help, it is driving me maaaaaaaaaaadddddddddd.
Hi ukraftykid,
The walkthrough is the second post in this forum. This game gives you very few hints and really makes you use your gray cells, wondering what to do with items and where to go next. The walkthrough should solve all your problems.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 12, 11 11:04 AM
bbelle, this takes some doing, but it's possible. If you haven't looked at the walkthrough yet, check it out (at the top of the forum). I think MargieB posted some you tube links to watch. Try working with just the top two buttons first, then use one of the lower buttons to bring things around where they should be. Study each button, one turns a wheel in 10 minute increments, another in 15 minute increments, and another in 30 minute increments. Come back to it sometime when you are feeling fresh, and play with it for a while. If you decide to try again, good luck!

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jan 12, 11 3:12 PM

I did it!! I read nearly all the help posts and to all of the people who did help I really thank you. I felt so relieved when I finished as though I really accomplished something. I guess I whined too soon and almost gave up.

Thanks to you all.

[Post New]by Intrepid_51 on Jan 14, 11 2:06 AM
What a disappointment and a waste of a good game credit! The storyline and good graphics pulled me in so I wnet ahead and bought it after the trial and just finished it only with the help of the walkthrough (thanks for that!) but I do wish now that I had saved that credit for a more playable game.

Wakame
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by Wakame on Jan 16, 11 8:30 AM
ronrs wrote:It shut down my computer each time...3 attempts. Had to delete it.

I've had exactly the same problem - and I bought it without trying it first as it sounded like the kind of game I enjoy.
Brand new PC set up too.
Any suggestions?

[Post New]by pollidarla1492 on Jan 17, 11 1:32 PM
Loved the game , but it wasn't long enough. Just enough help to keep me from wandering around lost forever without just giving me the game. When you are having problems with a game coming up or not coming up complete I have had good luck with hitting alt/tab buttons and resetting. This game came up black screen for me the first time, but after the buttons trick it worked great......

[Post New]by Snowfoxx on Jan 17, 11 8:22 PM
Everything you want to know about how I feel about this game can be found here:

http://musings.elisair.com/software/lost-time-clockwork-tower/

pinkjacket
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by pinkjacket on Jan 21, 11 8:51 AM
Have never had difficulty with d/l of BFG but this time I had to restart computer (after a 10 min cool down) b/c cursor was stuck. Also had to trash another game (in case of interference). Had no difficulty picking up the first group of gears,coals, diamonds but when I went to work the watch to find (the key to the front door) the watch did not work. Definitely did not like the 'hint' button. Sadly was hoping this would be a good game to spend my credit on, but (sigh) I continue looking.

[Post New]by lectralady on Jan 23, 11 10:44 AM
I will have to say that after my grumbling and having a hard time finding the gears, I liked the game. I did not have technical probs- just brain probs!
Bit of advice...If you read the walk through(like I should have) you can do the game no problem( if you get stuck). All the answers are there. I have done much harder games that have left me scratching my head and frustrated! Thank goodness for some games that have the Strategy Guide!!!! I'll give this game a :thumbup : ! Have fun!

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Jan 26, 11 10:38 PM
Somehow I missed this game when it first came out, but I love it! Just enough confusion to make it fascinating. I know I'll play it again. I didn't have any problems with the screen not being wide, and the size of the corner clock wasn't a problem. However, I don't think I could have finished the game without the walkthrough. I didn't use any hints for the puzzles, which I found to be unusual and interesting, and just quirky enough to make me happy. Hidden objects were pretty easy. But I did need the walkthrough to occasionally get to the next step. This might have been a good CE game, since some of the CE games really haven't needed a strategy guide. I always mute the music so can't comment on that. I will enjoy playing this again. A thumbs up from me

[Post New]by kbra7548 on Jan 28, 11 3:30 PM
i am very disappointed in this game and that i shelled out money for it. i cannot find the 5th diamond gear and have tried all the suggestions left by others. the game should be challenging, not impossible. last one i buy

[Post New]by wcollins on Feb 4, 11 2:53 PM
I would like to know where did all the stuff I purchased at the store go? I need the pick axe now and it is nowhere to be found. I purchased the art book at the same time and it is also gone as well as the star gear and the metal gear taht was on the chair, Where did they go?

loontje
Clownfish
Clownfish
745 Posts

[Post New]by loontje on Feb 6, 11 8:44 AM
kbra7548 wrote:i am very disappointed in this game and that i shelled out money for it. i cannot find the 5th diamond gear and have tried all the suggestions left by others. the game should be challenging, not impossible. last one i buy

I did get slightly frustrated over finding some of the gears, but in that case I do what I always do: look it up in a walkthrough LOL. Besides that I think that this game was pretty innovative at some points. It's not cookiecutter in any case. Maybe I'm just being spoiled but I did think that the cutscenes at the beginning and end were a bit substandard. I don't mind a comicbook style (when done right), but compared to the ingame graphics it looked a bit simplistic.

hidden007
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by hidden007 on Feb 9, 11 7:50 PM
I just finished playing the entire game. I enjoyed it very much. I found it interesting, but hard at times. What made it difficult at times is that there are very little clues to let you know what to do next, or who to see, or what objects are needed. I figured out most of the items I needed, but I got stuck when trying to find all my diamond gears. I had to look on the forum for answers. I was a little upset, because the termites I needed never gave me a hint, even when I pointed my arrow right at them. If I had never read the forum, I would never have known where to look or even WHAT to look for. I scoured the room and every area of the map before breaking down and looking for help. The game also had a lot of technical problems. It kept freezing on me, and sending me right out of the game. I had to keep re-entering the game. Once, after re-entering, I found that I had LOST ALL MY PROGRESS!!! I had to start over from the beginning. I was really irritated, but since I liked the game so much, I decided to play it all again the next day. If you are a patient game player who likes to really have to think about how to proceed in a game, and you don't mind some mild technical blurps, then you will enjoy this game. Problems aside, I really did enjoy playing this game, and even look forward to a sequel. Hopefully the next one (if there is one or not), will not have as many technical glitches- and it should have more clues. Thanks Big Fish!!!!

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on Feb 11, 11 10:50 PM
it's ok for the price--walkthru would have helped

Go to: