Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hodgepodge Hollow

[Post New]by grammanudge on Sep 8, 11 3:38 PM
shamrocknurse wrote:This is a really cute game, relaxing. I am stuck at the Mermaid level. I put the mermaids on the lily pads and take the recipe, then the next screen does nothing. I can not figure it out, any help?

shamrocknurse wrote:This is a really cute game, relaxing. I am stuck at the Mermaid level. I put the mermaids on the lily pads and take the recipe, then the next screen does nothing. I can not figure it out, any help?

[Post New]by billa21 on Nov 26, 11 4:38 PM
Loved this game, very quirky, amusing and good fun

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on May 13, 12 6:41 AM
i hate it when i buy a cute game and then find it stinks. One follows the recipe a dozen times and still get a puff of black smoke. The hint just sends you back to the ingredients.

[Post New]by BlueHolocaust on Aug 30, 12 10:10 AM
You know, I love creepy games with ghosts and murderers and abandoned hospitals full of small brown hidden objects. But I cannot get over how much I love Hodgepodge Hollow.

It reminds me of when I was young and devoured fantasy books, falling into a brighter world. It's a cute game with a real fairy tale feel to it. The art is both gorgeous and adorable - real shades of Froud and Rebecca Guay. The music fits the atmosphere and is unobtrusive in that nice way that doesn't have you muting all sounds if you get stuck. The plot is quite simple, but has a nice twitch in its tail. The hidden objects range from RIGHT THERE to what I'd call pretty challenging - I have a good few HOGs under my belt now and I still find myself using the help key on replays. The potion minigame is fun, similar to Deadtime Stories (another favourite of mine) but not particularly difficult. All in all the game is medium-long in length. I have owned it for quite a while now and have replayed it maybe four times. There must be a sequel in there somewhere... right? *hopes*

A real feel-good game. Safe for pretty much all the family. Highly recommended for anyone who wants a blast of fantasy in their gaming life.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 18, 12 1:22 PM
(Based on part of the demo): What a sweet little game!

The drawings are very nice and the music is soothing. I think this is worth the price based on the music alone.

I suppose some would call it a children's game and there is no doubt that children would enjoy playing it. But I did, too. This is a perfect game for someone who is under a lot of pressure and stress and who wants to relax.

I stopped playing just so I could take my time with the whole game. Thank you, devs and

I'm another fishie who enjoys creepy, eerie games. But this game is so sweet and I can't resist it.

Definitely five out of five kitties:

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Apr 6, 13 11:19 AM
I got this game in Jan. 2011, and saw in Fantasy sale today and just had to put in my 3 cents since I never wrote a review on it
I'm not very good with words but all the positive reviews I have read are right on. This game is a delightful change from more intense games and a very nice change of pace. I'm quoting "LovetoMissLisa" since her review is the one that helped make my decision to get this game and I usually find that I agree with her
Since this game is $3.99 this weekend I think it is a good by! I'll comfortably give this one 1/2 out of 5
Try and I hope you enjoy

LovetoMissLisa wrote:This is a sweet game,graphics are beautiful,and the story is precious. I will be getting it when it become DD, or punch card. But that's only because, I buy so many games, I like to get deals. But I really think it's sweet.

I rate this "PIGLET"

My "Terms" for Hogs,IHogs,Frogs & Other types of games.

"FINE SWINE" Great game-bells and whistles,best,greatest, I love it.
"PIGLET" Good game-your basic run of the mill Hog. Only for true hog lover's.
"PORK BELLY" Likable for some,but not for everyone.
"TROTTER" Bad game-pig's foot,don't run away with buying it. lol
"PIG DOWN" and rolling in the mudd" -Bad Bad game, don't go near it or you'll get soiled. lol

Edited on 04/06/2013 at 11:27:31 AM PST

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Jul 13, 13 2:14 PM
I just finished this game and loved it! Bright, relaxing, fun! You can play one scene at a time or do a bunch. And some of it isn't as easy as one might think. Your helper really does help with good hints and the hints recharge often.

Go to: