rainbowtree
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hidden Object Crosswords

[Post New]by rainbowtree on Jan 6, 11 10:53 AM
Enjoying the game. Nice twist on traditional hidden object games. Disappointed in the star rating system. Would have liked to see different color stars for levels of mastery. As it is, you get your gold stars even with several misses. That does distract from the challenge. Otherwise it is well worth the game credit.

[Post New]by Irongirl on Jan 6, 11 11:04 AM
I like the concept, but that darn glowing butterfly or whatever it is very distracting and annoying and I can't seem to be able to turn it off. Is there a way?

Thanks.

[Post New]by pigletto on Jan 6, 11 11:07 AM
Poodlebear wrote:Fabulous idea but on my 22" HD Display waaaaay to pixelly in full screen and way to small in a Window. I'm not going to adjust my resolution to accomodate a game. Cryin' shame because I love the concept and would snap it up if higher resolution.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 6, 11 11:51 AM
I quite liked this game until I got to Stage 2 - Level 4, where a question was: "All that glitters is not..." Of course the word was "Gold". However, although I saw a lot of objects that looked golden, I didn´t see ´gold´. So I clicked the Hint button, and there was this glittering circle showing me a couple of pots and such, and I clicked and clicked, and no gold to be seen or found.
I got fed up and uninstalled the game again.

CLEMONSTWAIN
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by CLEMONSTWAIN on Jan 6, 11 1:04 PM

I enjoyed this game. I like the idea of mixing the concept of HOG's with Crossword Puzzles. I turned the sound off so I can't offer a an opinion on the music. I agree the interruption of the fairy flying in and out is annoying and you'll find me in what is becoming a long line of fly swatter shoppers.
I did not have any problems with my computer running the game. I have Win 7 on a new Dell laptop and the game flowed well. Graphic display was more than acceptable. As far as problems with terminology goes, I expect differences in definitions when a game is not stamped USA. I find the cultural similarities or differences fascinating.
This game is going on my "maybe" list but, I will give it as a gift to a friend who is always looking for something different. She's big on crosswords and sudoko and this game should keep her busy on a snowy day.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jan 6, 11 2:21 PM
POODLEBEAR! I am soooo happy to see you! I don't know you at all but I feel like a friend has returned after too long away. I have been hoping you would come back to the pond. As for this crosswords game...I like it and I am having fun playing it. Sure, it has it's quirks with language etc but that's a small problem that
I can overlook. The mix with hidden objects is fun.

Edited on 01/06/2011 at 2:26:35 PM PST

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Jan 6, 11 6:09 PM
Combining crosswords and hidden objects is a good idea but this does not do it for me. I found the game slow. Waiting for me to notice that the word fit the spaces at the top of the screen and then that it fit in the crossword grid. Then getting the grid to close so I could find the next answer.
On top of the slow pace, the poetic license really does not belong in a crossword-brooms are not bouquets

Edited on 01/06/2011 at 6:11:05 PM PST

[Post New]by apeach4dayz on Jan 6, 11 10:25 PM
jillaroogirl wrote:If you like crosswords and hidden objects (as well as having to use your brain), then you will love this game. Beautiful clear pictures, nice music, at times tricky descriptions, with a unique spin on HOG. However, the hint button is very, very slow, so only use it if you really have too!

[Post New]by apeach4dayz on Jan 6, 11 10:28 PM
Poodlebear wrote:Fabulous idea but on my 22" HD Display waaaaay to pixelly in full screen and way to small in a Window. I'm not going to adjust my resolution to accomodate a game. Cryin' shame because I love the concept and would snap it up if higher resolution.
Welcome back Poodlebear! I've really missed your comments, opinions and reviews of the games.

[Post New]by gamergoon on Jan 6, 11 11:13 PM
Actually adjusting your resolution won't have any effect in full screen...for windowed too because the game will stretch even then...

KATE60
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by KATE60 on Jan 7, 11 10:28 AM
could have been a very good game. as i love puzzles and hog games and i also love crosswords but very disapointing. very slow and boring. if you are looking for a hint you might fall asleep waiting. pity good concept but too slow.

Tajuffy
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Tajuffy on Jan 7, 11 10:35 AM
I was enjoying it, inspite of it being slow. I would prefer to be able to type in the word if I know the answer of the riddle, but the game does not save my progress it restarts me over every time & that is annoying. I like the idea but it needs to be fixed.

[Post New]by CraZ4Kitties on Jan 7, 11 10:38 AM
I couldn't wait when I saw this coming out, but it requires too much ram for my work computer thus i will not be able to get it.

[Post New]by skeezermom on Jan 8, 11 6:27 AM
I loved the game, but was incredibly disappointed when I finished and wanted to play again, only to find that the clues and crosswords were exactly the same. Way too boring for me. What a waste of money. When I find a game I enjoy, I like to play it over and over, but this is the first time I have seen something like this. I wish I knew before I bought it, I would have saved myself some money.

n2u2nyte
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by n2u2nyte on Jan 8, 11 8:30 AM
I'm a Adventure HOG player,just wanted to try out this game. Played it for 15 minutes and got bored,uninstalled it. Not saying that it's not a good game,it's just not for me.

fulton56
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by fulton56 on Jan 8, 11 11:14 AM
I like hidden objects and crossword puzzles very much. This would be better if you would speed it up. It goes too slow. Can't tell when the hint is charged. I don't like the jumpyness. When using the hint it needs to be more noticeable. With these improvements it will be a great game.

SairBelle
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by SairBelle on Jan 8, 11 12:48 PM
I really liked this one. It was a different twist on the typical hidden object and the riddles ranged from really easy to slight challenge, so a little mix.

My only complaint is if you replay a puzzle to get more stars, it is exactly the same. This takes re-playability down to almost none.

Sheila155
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Sheila155 on Jan 9, 11 6:48 AM
I agree with Sairbelle> replayability is not good, unless you wait a very long time. Also, it would be nice to have an end of level mini game to give a wee change of focus from the main game! Enjoyed the trial, nice concept, but not sure I want to spend the money to buy it. Loads of other good games out there!

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Jan 9, 11 11:26 AM
I usually dont have technical problems with BFG games, but this one runs
v e r y s l o w l y.
Not for me.

swinelake
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by swinelake on Jan 9, 11 11:54 AM
I am really enjoying this game. The concept of two different type games combine to give the gamer a chance to unwind and relax and have fun. I think other fishies are being unfair in there ratings.

I give it 5 stars and I wait for the developers to come up with the next hidden object crosswords.

Great game!!!!

Go to: