Anyone else missing their cursor?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: Moonfell Wood technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 22, 12 10:07 AM
Hi shamrock1956,

Sometimes, going through the process of updating your video card and graphics software can help with a cursor issue. You can read more about how to do that in the help article here. This article also goes over reinstalling the game, which can also get this sort of thing straightened out.

But if you try that and you're still having trouble with the cursor, please get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can take a look at what else may be going on. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Butterflyof5 on Aug 29, 12 10:09 PM
I just downloaded this to my laptop and the game doesn't fit my screen. It is too big, I can only see the top 1/4 of the bottom bar. Which means I can't see the items or do the scavenger hunt, because I can't read what all the items are to find. Also, when I click on an item I have to click above the item for it to acknowledge that I want that item. If I click on the item, it wont do anything.

How do I fix this? None of the other games I have downloaded from here have done that.

Edited on 08/29/2012 at 10:11:08 PM PST

chit1ive
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by chit1ive on Aug 30, 12 3:04 PM
I have reached the lamp and knocked it down. I have reassembled the pieces. All fine but now I have a problem. The walkthrough says to take the key and the funnel. I can't take either. No hand shows up with which to take anything. All I get is the magnifying glass telling me the lamp will help me in the dark once I get some oil in it. How do I take the key without a hand?? I know I can't go any further with the game as I'm supposed to catch a fish with the line I can't get because I can't open the box because the key won't pick up. So far not terribly impressed with this game. I might change my mind if I can pick up the key and progress.......

[Post New]by Smurfette27 on Sep 8, 12 1:08 AM
oblivion {in January} wrote:A few in-game bugs, mostly on descriptive text:

The Marble Mural displays on the status line something like "hintnbs013txt" (but I may be slightly out on that, I wrote it from memory.)

The Murals entry in the journal shows "JN019TITLE"

I have encountered these two bugs. The first is "hintpso13nbtxt" on the murals description line. I have only purchased the game recently, would have thought you could have fixed them by now.
Playing on a HP laptop with Windows 7.

Edited on 09/08/2012 at 1:14:08 AM PST

formerly
Clownfish
Clownfish
840 Posts

[Post New]by formerly on Oct 26, 12 4:02 PM
I have played most of the awakenings series on my netbook. They all worked perfectly
except for Moonfell wood. Did something change when they did this one? It comes up
to big for my screen. Anyone have any suggestions? It is so annoying not to be able to play them all.

[Post New]by Moomissie on Nov 10, 12 10:53 AM
At teardrop falls unable to place gem into stone indentation tried loads of times but won't work looks like pool is filled with water still ? Tried using different profile and went through whole game to same spot but still not working. Looked at walkthrough and doesn't appear I've missed anything. Help please.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Nov 10, 12 12:54 PM
Hi formerly,

Netbooks can be picky when it comes to displaying a correct resolution in games. Since this can vary game to game, I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team and they'll be happy to answer any questions and look into that for you.

Moomissie, if you're playing on a mobile device, you might find some useful information about that scene here in this post:

Pink Gemstone Key in the Gemstone Pond

In there, you'll find some helpful tips on how to interact with that gem which hopefully will help you get past that part.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Lalavibe on Dec 22, 12 1:03 AM
I've tried to place the smokey incense in the incense senser but its just not working. I've tried to place in countless spots near the incense.

darkdeer
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by darkdeer on Dec 26, 12 10:56 AM
I'm playing the streaming version and there seems to be a glitch at the part where I'm supposed to throw the giant gourd off the top of the witch's tower. I throw the gourd over, it splats on the ground, but as soon as I leave that scene, it's back in my inventory. And when I get down to ground level, near the birdhouse, the broken gourd isn't there. I've tried several times and the same thing keeps happening.

anges35
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by anges35 on Dec 31, 12 10:53 AM
I saw several posts about the Incense issue. I'm on an iPad and incense won't stay in the center which has been hung. Someone said they had found a fix but didn't leave it!

I will post back if I find a fix that works.

[Post New]by breezy3 on Jan 1, 13 12:46 PM
I Am stuck on the part where the stick suppose knock the lantern down, but dosen't.therefor I can't go any further, has anybody got and answer for me..............

[Post New]by Bryllig on Jan 4, 13 2:50 PM
I can't see a new post option, just "reply", so I apologize if this is in the wrong spot.

I can't get the last lizard for the griffin as it is behind the menu button in the top left corner. I am playing the iPhone game.

It would be a real shame to not be able to continue the game. Please let me know if there's anything I can, or if I will have to request a refund.

Thanks very much.

[Post New]by Bryllig on Jan 4, 13 2:56 PM
I want to reply to some people having trouble but can't figure out how to reply to an individual post.

A lot of people seem to be having trouble using objects. If you are playing the iPad or iPhone game note that it is your finder that needs to be on the thing you're trying to interact with, not the object. For example, to the person trying to knock down the lantern make sure you are clicking on the lantern with your finger, not with the stick. The stick will be floating up above the lantern somewhere.

In general a lot of spots are very finicky and it can take quite a few tries to hit just the right spot. If you know you're doing the right thing just keep trying.

[Post New]by Bryllig on Jan 4, 13 3:06 PM
Bryllig wrote:I can't see a new post option, just "reply", so I apologize if this is in the wrong spot.

I can't get the last lizard for the griffin as it is behind the menu button in the top left corner. I am playing the iPhone game.

It would be a real shame to not be able to continue the game. Please let me know if there's anything I can, or if I will have to request a refund.

Thanks very much.

I got it! I managed to get the tip of his tail without activating the menu button. Thanks!

[Post New]by Shaaqi on Jan 21, 13 12:33 PM
Hi all,

Maybe someone has a tip for me how to get past the sun and moon gate in the witch tower. I inserted the sun and moon disc and keep tapping on it but it won't move. The fairy just says I should turn it but I can't turn it. I seem to be stuck at this part in the game - does anyone have a tip for me please?

Thanks!

[Post New]by Shaaqi on Jan 23, 13 2:02 PM
So I solved it myself and wanted to share in case anyone else gets stuck.

You obviously need to restore all four pictures on wall first (the puzzles) which tell the story of Sophia and click on gems. It didn't work first, so I logged out and back in and voilà, door opened when clicking on sun and moon disc!

[Post New]by 271947 on Mar 10, 13 2:37 PM
i just downloaded this game and all i get is a black screen and a gold aarrow. ive waited to see if it would come up but it hast. please fix it so that i may play

[Post New]by 271947 on Mar 10, 13 2:45 PM
I just downlaoded this game but all i get is a black screen and a gold curser. how can i fix it.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 10, 13 6:26 PM
Hi 271947 and welcome to the Pond!

With display issues like you describe, the first thing we suggest is to check for updates to your video card, graphics drivers and the software that handles that aspect of the game (Adobe Flash and Shockwave). We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If you try that and the game is still just coming up with a black screen, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be going on and work with you directly to get the game working correctly. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: