gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Crossworlds: The Flying City

[Post New]by gaylele on Jan 9, 11 3:05 PM
I also gave the demo a try. The game did start out slow, then kinda picked up as it went along. The graphics were bad; scenes just looked blurry to me making it hard to find objects. Thought cleaning my glasses would help, but to no avail!

Sorry, but not a buy for me.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jan 9, 11 3:28 PM
I'm not sure what I think of this game. Surprisingly, it has held my interest, at least as far as I got in the trial. I was able to get out of the house but now I'm stuck at the junkyard. Since I'm stuck, I'm not ready to buy it, especially after reading posts that say it's harder than some other games. I certainly wouldn't consider buying it without a walk-through.

c0ffeecup
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by c0ffeecup on Jan 9, 11 3:33 PM
[i]I am trying really hard to enjoy this game. I bought it after the 60 minute demo because it seemed like a good game. Then I got stuck with a barometer handle and a working barometer and can't find a place for them. I am also missing 2 handles for the generator. I read everything in the forum on this game so I will go back and try again. I have been back and forth from the junkyard to the city to the building with the generator, conveyor and locker room so many times its getting frustrating.

I hope it gets better. I don't want to regret buying it.

[Post New]by classact2wilson on Jan 9, 11 4:07 PM
HELP!!! I can not find a way to put air in the bus tire. I think I am supposed to buy it at the robo store but I have no coins. I have set the clock at 1:45 but nothing happens.

gottatude
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by gottatude on Jan 9, 11 4:24 PM
STUCK -------WHAT ON EARTH IS THE HEALTH CERTIFICATE CODE , NOTHING IVE TRIED WORKS. I S THAT HOW I GET INTO THE CONVEYOR ROOM.

FRUSTRATED

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Jan 9, 11 4:28 PM
You need to have all the parts of the CD and insert in the computer in the room before the generator...that will give the the code for the Health Cert.

8dognight
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by 8dognight on Jan 9, 11 4:34 PM
This has enormous potential. The first segment in Robo City is conceptually brilliant in terms of game play but not graphics or visual design. In short, make the sequel more adventure like and less HOG. The two sequences after the robots are graphically far more pleasing yet a bit too far on the HOG side.

gottatude
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by gottatude on Jan 9, 11 4:50 PM
THANKS DIAMOND I HAVE THE CD COMPLETE BUT IT WONT ALLOW ME TO PUT ANYTHING IN THE COMPUTER I HAD COAL AND I PUT IT IN COMPARTMENTS ABOVE THE COMPUTER AND THATS ALL I CAN DO IVE BEEN ALL OVER. IM LOST

valerie68
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by valerie68 on Jan 9, 11 5:42 PM
You have to go outside, through the pantry to the shed to find a crowbar to remove the picture.You have to pick the right book on the lower shelf right which has a page torn out. When you find the missing page in the shed it has the combination for the safe which is behind the picture.

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Jan 9, 11 5:47 PM
CasualGran wrote:
NYtaxi wrote:Bin eben mit dem spiel fertig und es war wirklich sehr gut. ich habe keine hints benötigt. es war etwas schwieriger, dafür aber interessanter. endlich konnte ich mal wieder meinen kopf einsetzen und nicht langweilig irgendwelche dinge suchen. danke und ich hoffe, es kommt bald ein zweiter teil. lg tina

Hallo Tina und Herzlich Wilkommen! Ich bin froh zu lesen dass du das Spiel mit freude gespielt hast. Ich fürchte aber dass nicht viele Leute deine post lesen oder verstehen können. Ich kan es, aber ich bin von Holland. Vielleicht kanst du beim folgendes Spiel versuchen etwas in English zu schreiben. Das wird auch mehre Kommentare geben, denke ich.

Bleibe Happy mit Spielen!

Freundliche Grüsse, CasualGran

Ich kann auch ein bissichen Deutsch verstehen! Wilkommen!!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 9, 11 6:46 PM
I played the hour demo. For me it progressed a bit too slowly and was tedious going back and forth to the same locations to look for stuff.

But the change of scenery after teleporting was rather cool. I thought the hidden object scene with the stacked cars rather artsy - the colors and textures and all. I agree with some other commenters that the objects are well-hidden.

So I put it in my "may buy if daily deal folder" mostly to see what artwork is in the rest of the game. That's assuming there's a walkthru by then and the frustrated and stuck posts have calmed down - I don't like getting stuck in games myself! And a couple trips to the walkthru is about as much as I want to make, even then.

Edited on 01/09/2011 at 6:49:29 PM PST

[Post New]by bevcaron on Jan 9, 11 7:16 PM
needs a walk through stuck trying to find replacement for crystal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 10, 11 2:37 AM
CasualGran wrote:
NYtaxi wrote:Bin eben mit dem spiel fertig und es war wirklich sehr gut. ich habe keine hints benötigt. es war etwas schwieriger, dafür aber interessanter. endlich konnte ich mal wieder meinen kopf einsetzen und nicht langweilig irgendwelche dinge suchen. danke und ich hoffe, es kommt bald ein zweiter teil. lg tina

Hallo Tina und Herzlich Wilkommen! Ich bin froh zu lesen dass du das Spiel mit freude gespielt hast. Ich fürchte aber dass nicht viele Leute deine post lesen oder verstehen können. Ich kan es, aber ich bin von Holland. Vielleicht kanst du beim folgendes Spiel versuchen etwas in English zu schreiben. Das wird auch mehre Kommentare geben, denke ich.

Bleibe Happy mit Spielen!

Freundliche Grüsse, CasualGran

I kann die Post auch lesen - bin Deutsche. LOL

Lime_Cordial
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Lime_Cordial on Jan 10, 11 3:38 AM
This game definately grows on you. Some challenging parts too. I enjoyed it, as it wasn't too easy and required some logic. Graphics are good. A good Sunday afternoon game for sure.
Worth the buy.

janspack wrote:Just finished the game and was pleased to see that there is to be a sequel.

This game got better and better the further you got into it. I had my doubts when we started off in her bedroom in the usual way.

Congratulations to the developers on this one. Hope the second one is even better.

twinkeeper
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by twinkeeper on Jan 10, 11 6:00 AM
I loved this game too! I wasn't going to buy it, but after reading all the comments, I did, and it was a really good game. Can't wait for the next part! Keep playing, and I do feel a sense of accomplishment because there wasn't a walkthru. Great game!

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Jan 10, 11 6:49 AM
Demo: Didn't get thru robot world so from beginning to there is all I can comment on.
But, one word: BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

littletanpom
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by littletanpom on Jan 10, 11 7:07 AM
Awesome game! I don't know how anyone found it boring?? You had to use your "grey cells" on this one! Looking forward to the next installment. Thank you Two Monkeys for such an interesting game!

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Jan 10, 11 9:51 AM
Interesting but painful ending, I wish the game would keep going ....but I will look for the follow up,, to be continue!!! About the walkthrough, I think ii's important, because you'll never know when and how we may get stuck, and also to preview the kind of scenery you have ahead to play at, for istance, sometimes there are games that are completly dark , hollow and depressing, and only watching the presentation's video, often it's not enough, other times, it may start with scenes of desolation and abdon, and than it changes to colorful and pleasent scenery, or viceversa.
Honestly often I am not in the mood for desolation scenery, so thanks for the walktrhough and all your great work!!

Edited on 01/10/2011 at 9:53:39 AM PST

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jan 10, 11 9:57 AM
I just finished the demo and really enjoyed it. Will definitely be buying this one. Since cherbtoo and goofyduck left great reviews that's all I will say. I haven't tried Phantasmat (sp) yet but will after reading these reviews.
Thanks Everyone!

reneesenn
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by reneesenn on Jan 10, 11 10:08 AM
I was ready to give up on this game till I got to the first world and then I fell in love. I love exploring different realities. The game play was on the easy side for me, but this is the type I grew up playing. I hope the sequel has even more worlds in it to explore.

Go to: