Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hexus

[Post New]by chantel381 on Jan 15, 11 3:12 PM
i have been playing hexus and got to lvl 10 but unsure how to break the locks i have tryed eveything but it is not working can anyone help plz

kattykit
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by kattykit on Jan 15, 11 3:30 PM
My first impression was not good, but I jumped to conclusions. This is an excellent game! It really grows on you the longer you play. Like others, I've found that once I started playing, I don't want to quit! It gets harder with each level, requiring strategy and planning. Great mini-puzzles! Then there is the building of the city. I have come to love this game and will be coming back to it often. Some games you play once and you are done with it. Not this one.

Congratulations Eugene on a great game!

P.S. I've made it to level 60. How many levels are there? Thanks!

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Jan 15, 11 3:51 PM
to chantel381:
You need to create a chain which will contain locked balls to unlock them.

to kattykit:
Thanks for your kind comment !
There are 100 levels in regular version.

Best regards, Eugene.

puzzler46
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by puzzler46 on Jan 15, 11 4:03 PM
I love Hexus and am playing it for the second time. I do have a wide screen and am looking forward to playing it using the full screen - more room for building. I don't play strategy type games but am really enjoying building the city and love the variety of puzzles in this game. I also enjoyed Jane. Thanks for all your hard work Eugene in bringing us such fine games.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jan 15, 11 4:39 PM
kattykit wrote:My first impression was not good, but I jumped to conclusions. This is an excellent game! It really grows on you the longer you play. Like others, I've found that once I started playing, I don't want to quit! It gets harder with each level, requiring strategy and planning. Great mini-puzzles! Then there is the building of the city. I have come to love this game and will be coming back to it often. Some games you play once and you are done with it. Not this one.

Congratulations Eugene on a great game!

P.S. I've made it to level 60. How many levels are there? Thanks!

I agree!! I've played the entire demo now and am horrified that it ended!!

I will HAVE to buy!!

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 5:22:35 PM PST

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Jan 16, 11 1:59 AM
When will we get a new version ?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 16, 11 3:08 AM
Hey Eugene! I see your game moved up from 98 to 73 in just 4 days. Congrats, only 63 moves to go to be in top 10. Would you settle for top 20? Glad you are getting good reviews after the slow start and participating with us. Looking forward to the rebuild as I'm sure many are.

Actually, if I weren't on overload with so many unfinished games I'd jump in now, but it is tops on my buy list and worth waiting for, just no time to play much now.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Jan 16, 11 6:05 AM
puzzledone wrote:Hey Eugene! I see your game moved up from 98 to 73 in just 4 days. Congrats, only 63 moves to go to be in top 10. Would you settle for top 20? Glad you are getting good reviews after the slow start and participating with us. Looking forward to the rebuild as I'm sure many are.

Actually, if I weren't on overload with so many unfinished games I'd jump in now, but it is tops on my buy list and worth waiting for, just no time to play much now.

Thanks, puzzledone.
I also hope Hexus will raise, cause I'm sure conversion rate is high, so after first days (we weren't promoted and even shown clearly for players) of low downloads, we'll grow on buy' fuel.

Best regards, Eugene.

P.S. I can't tell the time update will be available, cause it isn't upon us already.

Bexa
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Bexa on Jan 16, 11 11:51 AM
Really enjoying the game! I love untimed strategy games and there just aren't enough of those...plus my avatar is looking fabulous!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jan 16, 11 7:45 PM
I'm on level 94 and I still love this game. I thought I might get tired of playing it but no way. It's the first thing I do after I get my coffee in the morning. I would really enjoy playing more games like this one, no timer. You did a fabulous job creating this game with all the twists and turns in it. What I mean by that is, a level consists of more than one setup, once you get enough balls that they ask for, the board changes to another setup, so to speak. I believe I've had at least 3 different things happen in one level, awesome Eugene!!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 17, 11 1:53 AM
I got thru all 100 levels. For me, I would like the next game like this that you make , to also include a harder difficulty *option*. - But not just collect more balls per level - that would just require more patience, not more skill. Maybe 7 balls instead of 6 minimum for a match? Maybe some options you tried in the process of creating this game?

talisman018
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by talisman018 on Jan 18, 11 1:54 AM
Eugene_Duranin wrote:Great to see discussion like this one

to talisman018
Hello, I just want to make some comments -
1) Language - I agree with you - some mistakes are very serious, but you also should understand us Our studio consists of two persons - programmer (all technical stuff, sound/music plus game design shared between us) and me (art, scenario, communication and the rest). We give all translation to outsourcers cause English my third language and I'm absolutely not linguist -so it is sometimes hard to be aware "are our texts good or not". I understand that it gives not much excuses for us - that's just an explanation why it is.
2) About historical facts - my second university education is historical. But I also assume that most of players wants to play the game not to follow historical facts (btw "historical facts" also sound funny). I just made two assumption - 1) Exodus, Hyksos invasion are two links of one chain. 2) Old Jews and Old Egyptians were one nation. That's basis for the story. All artefatcs are just gameplay slaves of course

Best regards, Eugene.

Hi, Eugene,

I do wish to say that I don't mean any offense, only to offer "constructive criticism". I worked for a number of years on an RPG game that I never released. It was far too hard for one person to make alone and I gave up. So, I really commend you for your very hard work! I really do hope that you take it in the light that I meant it to be seen in and that it helps you in future. Also, "historical facts" was pretty funny, wasn't it? I studied Egyptology for 6 years (specializing in hieroglyphics and grammar). I guess I got carried away and forgot that it's a game.

Thanks and best of luck to you and your team!

talisman018
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

About "Mouses"

[Post New]by talisman018 on Jan 18, 11 2:03 AM
muppetmel wrote:

Hi Talisman, I love your rating system. Do you do that for a lot of games? I'll have to check it out. I just started reading the forums for game ratings. Never did that before, and helps me decide!

Hi again, muppetmel!

Thanks so much for your kind words! I've done a few reviews, when I have the time to. I always try to read other Fishies' reviews when deciding on a new game. I really appreciate all the time that people take and want to do my bit to help others, too. I'm still working on my "style". I try to keep it short and to the point, but don't always make it. Thanks again! ((HUGS))

[Post New]by nmdunn on Jan 18, 11 11:31 PM
Hi. I'm stuck on level 43. I can't figure out how to unlock the frozen white balls. I love this game tho and have already bought it

Any help is much appreciated.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Jan 19, 11 12:10 AM
nmdunn wrote:Hi. I'm stuck on level 43. I can't figure out how to unlock the frozen white balls. I love this game tho and have already bought it

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi, nmdunn.
It is most popular question around here
1) You need to activate two temples - one then another - it will release two white balls.
2) You need to place these 2 free white balls near to 4 locked in the way they all create 6-balls chain.
3) Bingo !

Best regards, Eugene.

[Post New]by nmdunn on Jan 19, 11 11:47 PM
Thanks for the info. I had to figure out how to get the 6 balls to touch after a few tries. Is there a specific place the palace must go on the board? And can you remove houses once they're placed on the board if they conflict with another building?

Thanks.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Jan 20, 11 2:53 AM
nmdunn wrote:Thanks for the info. I had to figure out how to get the 6 balls to touch after a few tries. Is there a specific place the palace must go on the board? And can you remove houses once they're placed on the board if they conflict with another building?

Thanks.

Hi, nmdunn.
There aren't special places for palace, but it is really big, so you have to make free space (enough for palace). You don't need to destroy houses (actually citizens who live there are neccessary for city life) - just move them to other sides of city.
Best regards, Eugene.

[Post New]by chantel381 on Jan 23, 11 7:55 AM
hi i am still stuck on statue of iris part 10 where there are 4 white balls locked and 2 open in the middle of the game screen,i have tried to create big chains and no luck and used bounses but still no luck can you please suggest best course of action as i have paid for this game and now i am stuck

Edited on 01/23/2011 at 7:56:28 AM PST

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Jan 23, 11 10:57 AM
chantel381 wrote:hi i am still stuck on statue of iris part 10 where there are 4 white balls locked and 2 open in the middle of the game screen,i have tried to create big chains and no luck and used bounses but still no luck can you please suggest best course of action as i have paid for this game and now i am stuck

Hi, chantel381.
You need:
1) Destroy all stones around white balls (I'm sure you know how if you are playing this level).
2) Place 2 "free" white balls between 4 locked the way they all create 6-balls chain.

Best regards, Eugene.

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Jan 24, 11 5:58 PM
I love this game and do not understand the negative comments, with so much trash out there it is great to get a game that has so much care and creativity put into it.

Thank you Eugene for being here and responding.

Go to: