Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades

[Post New]by Jurinne on Apr 29, 13 12:31 PM
(Based on completed game):

No Hint button except for HOS? I panicked! What was I going to do? I'd never played without a Hint button before!! But I think I am now an intermediate player and so I decided to play the game.

I made it. I finished it! And this is what I found:

1. I used the WT twice and both were "Duh" moments.

2. As usual in ERS games, the instructions for the puzzles were often unclear. Maybe it's just me but I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do during the last puzzle. I didn't want to skip it but I did, being tired and wanting the game to finish.

3. I love the length of ERS games. I am a slow player and this game had more than the usual number of places to explore. It took me three days to finish this game. .

4. Graphics: oh, so nice! I'm never disappointed in ERS graphics!! Absolutely beautiful!

5. The journal was helpful but too slow to update.

6. Please, please ERS! When I try to use an object from my Inventory and it just flies back into my Inventory I make the assumption that I am not using that object correctly. Then fifteen minutes later I find out that I was using it correctly but hadn't put it exactly where you wanted me to place it. Please fix this!

7. It's the same problem in the HOS. I clicked on an item, nothing happened, finally used a hint and guess what? I was directed to the object I had already clicked on. But that wasn't enough. It took me SIX clicks (I counted) to get that object actually picked up. I'm sure I was close to being penalized FOR CLICKING ON THE CORRECT OBJECT!! Please fix this!

8. Some of the items from Inventory could not have possibly done what they ended up doing. C'mon - get real!

Overall, I loved this game and enjoyed playing it. Now if ERS decides to put morphing objects in their games I will start buying the CEs (hint hint - again). Great game, fun as always, even with the minor problems. I always purchase ERS HOGS and HOPAS. And the ending to this game lasted longer than the two-second ending (with credits beginning to roll) of the last ERS game I played.

And now I know I can play a game without using the Hint button. That is quite an accomplishment for me.

Edited on 04/29/2013 at 12:34:14 PM PST

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 24, 13 9:48 AM
Truly Enjoyable and Involving

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

I love ERS games, and this one is another first class effort, but it will never be my favourite.

The artwork is very crisp, there's plenty of colour and interesting items. There are also occasional interactive items that require extra actions, but they are not coloured differently in the list. They are easy to figure out though.

The music is a negative for me, it became repetitious in a very short while, and there was little in the way of ambient noise.

However, it is the gameplay and story that make this a very good game. There are dozens of locations, oodles of HO scenes, and about average number of mostly easy puzzles. There are a couple of errors in the HO scenes, but I mean a couple, as in two or three in the whole game. Good enough for me.

It is a very active game - lots to do. There's so much to see, I think a map would have been helpful. Even though there's very little toing and froing, it was easy to get lost.

It is clear most of the time what should come next, most inventory items are nearby, and those that aren't carry the momentum - you know what you're going to need them for, and will remember what to do when you have all the pieces.

The storyline is unique, although you may not think so at first. It starts like a traditional spooky manor, evil countess, weird looking monster, but I promise it takes many interesting turns before the conclusion - and it takes a good deal longer to get there than most games.

So, it's a very good game, I'm happy to recommend it, but it is not the very best of ERS Studio's collection.

I recommend this game!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Sep 4, 14 2:44 AM
Out of sheer boredom and no new SE games that I care to try, I decided to replay this game. Well, it's true. There is no hint button outside of the HOS.

The HOS are very murky junk piles. The hint trail swirls around annoyingly until it finally finds the hidden object which it then circles. Most of the time, even with the hint, I did not recognize the elusive object as anything resembling the item it was purported to be.

The hints don't take too long to refill. The puzzle skips do. I don't like to play puzzles/ mini-games, and I don't like to wait forever to skip them.

There is no map. There is a journal. You can read it or not. Either way, it won't make a difference. There are cards to collect. I'm not sure what you win if you collect the entire deck of 52, but I'm sure it won't be a refund. Ha.

Go to: