mom2cav
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nightmare on the Pacific

[Post New]by mom2cav on Jan 30, 11 12:12 PM
This game was okay. I would give it 3 1/2 stars out of 5. I liked that it was more interactive than just an HOG, and the HOG scenes weren't too difficult with a quick hint recharge. The graphics were fine and I liked the effects. I like the theme of a sinking ship, so the atmosphere was fun.

With that said, I had some technical issues with the game, with subtitles that wouldn't go away and I found I had to click several times on some objects to get it to work. I also found it a bit confusing sometimes as to what to do next, as some steps didn't make sense (but maybe it's just me!) These weren't too much of a problem though. I am not sure if it was the ending or I had a big bug at the end. It seemed very abrupt to me. That was very unsatisfying after playing through the game.

I would only play this game if you would like to play an interactive adventure game rather than a game that is heavy on **** scenes and you are in between MCF or one of the more in-depth games.

weebawbee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by weebawbee on Jan 31, 11 9:41 AM
mackisa wrote:This game was way too short. Only took about 2 hours to finish, so not worth it. Very disappointed. Play was okay but too much back and forth.

I totally agree. I think I got 3 hours out of it. I was really disappointed, not least because I used my monthly credit to buy it after trialing it first. The story and graphics were good and yes, it was nice to have something different from the usual occult stuff, but there quite a few bugs, with one particular message (no spoilers) being left at the top of the screen and accessible by mouse-over long after the task had been completed.

I wish there was a method of grading these games so could know what other people think before we buy them. I'll keep my eyes on the forums from now on!

[Post New]by Jerseyjan on Feb 1, 11 2:03 PM
The game loaded successfully, after having had much trouble getting games to download. I bought it and enjoyed it. Then it quit on me. Now I am back and past that scene. However, now I am unable to leave the bathroom through the doorway. I do not like having to jump from scene to scene and when this happened, I just call it quits. I'll go read a book! Jerseyjan

[Post New]by rgallant67 on Feb 2, 11 9:33 AM
I was so excited to try this after the reviews I read. I get the preview of the chopper and the intro story then stays in loading position and won't load! Really disappointed after everything that was written, but I guess I won't be able to try it, loaded for over 30 minutes of my trial time over 2 tries. First time I have had an issue with any of the games on this site.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Feb 2, 11 7:01 PM
--Yes, I really liked this game too. The **** scenes are fairly challanging. I did use the hint option a few times becasue I gave up searching. I rarely ever use the hint option for **** scenes because I love the challange but I did notice i was getting frustrated...lol..however, the game story was pretty exciting & different from the norm....I recommend this game....

rchogan
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rchogan on Feb 3, 11 6:35 PM
Like the little kid says at the end, "Worst. Cruise. Ever." Game was so short I checked the walk through to see if I had missed something. Other than phone calls which neither exist nor matter I missed nothing. Nice graphics, good story line, puzzles either too easy or too hard. On the whole, not worth $7.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Feb 26, 11 8:15 AM
Just finished the game and consider it good but not great. As for being short... I didn't find it that way at all. I took my time and enjoyed all the elements the developers offered in it. Easily took about three hours but then I'm not a speed freak when it comes to games.

Another thing about the supposed shortness of the game and not worth the money. If you go to the movie theater and pay pretty much the same as BFG SE prices... you get about two hours of entertainment and you do not get the opportunity to see the flick again for that initial ticket price. Thus for me, a $6.99 game with replayability is a good value.

Guess this is the proverbial 'to each their own'.

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 8:18:49 AM PST

[Post New]by sammie58 on Mar 4, 11 11:01 PM
This is the first time I am leaving a comment. First I have to say with a smile NO tech problems. Not like reading the dead I am not even going to go there. This game was exciting and fun graphics and sound awesome. Yes I bought this game and it was worth every penny. I would recommend this game if u like a challenge and just want to a play a game that keeps you on your toes. It was so hard to stop playing it and when i did complete it I wanted more...

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Apr 16, 11 11:02 AM
(Mild spoilers)

This was surprisingly fun! I liked that the game had an element of tension to it that wasn't of supernatural origin, and I felt that the music and sound effects of the thunderstorm and crashing waves really added to the sense of urgency. Of course, it makes the hidden object scenes feel even sillier than usual (your son is trapped in the swimming pool and you're looking for a... clothespin?) but I can ignore that.

The art was pretty good, more realistic than the style I appreciate, but I really liked the idea of turning half of the ship upside down, which made exploring more fun. Animal lovers be warned: in one part of the game you have to kill a shark.

The puzzles were of easy to average difficulty--nothing especially original. The hidden object scenes made for a fun challenge as there were usually 1 or 2 objects particularly well blended in. Translation was pretty good throughout, although I had no idea what a "spurtle" is (it seems to be a wooden spoon).

I thought the best thing about the game was the atmosphere. They did a really good job of evoking the fear and panic of being trapped on a sinking ship in a thunderstorm in the ocean while trying desperately to find your family members.

[Post New]by HereF1shyF1shy on Apr 18, 11 6:59 PM
Okay, I'll admit upfront that this post exists just to be sarcastic. Sorry.

SPOILER

They leave the husband in the elevator at the end! Whuuuut? See ya, dude, we're busy saving ourselves.

[Post New]by wra357 on May 7, 11 1:20 PM
I ran the try-before-you-buy. Good Thing too, Most of it was used up LOADING the different scenes. I WOULD NOT purchase this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by technocratee on May 15, 11 4:17 AM
Liked the game. Perfect hidden object adventure, the offtake from the 1972 movie The Poseidon Adventure, upside down ship was a great idea, upside down everything, it got me immersed in the story, you younger guys mentionned The Titanic, but I beleive that one wasn't totally upside down.
I didn't find it that short, guess I'm slower than most, but that's a good thing when playing these games.
But I also thought it ended way too soon SPOILER thought they could have done something more with dad, and a whole chapter finding the girl.

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Jun 17, 11 12:23 PM
Once again, I am bringing up the caboose in the comments section. LOL

Things I liked:
Graphics!
Rain sound effects
Believable tasks to be fulfilled.

What I didn't like:
Multiple items in the **** scenes. If you say "brush", don't put a hair brush, a toothbrush, a paint brush in the scene and expect me to know that you meant the scrub brush! Or ask for a "wrench" and put 3 identical wrenches in and I'm clicking on all of them to figure out which one you mean.

It was a little glitchy. The diary didn't keep up with the tasks completed.

All in all though, I had a good time.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 18, 11 10:47 PM
This is an exciting game with good graphics. The story keeps your attention, and as a rarity among HOGs, you sometimes get several of the hidden objects you find! Some of the puzzles are challenging enough to need attention, which is good. I'm sorry to read several people said it was really short; I'll probably buy it during a sale.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Sep 24, 11 12:06 AM
Wow I don't know how I missed this first time around!!! I love this game... I wish there were more like it as I could play these all day! Totally feels like your in a movie... loved everything about it. The only negative is I wish it had been more adventure and less H0. Everytime a H0 scene popped up I found myself wishing I could skip it and get on with the story. But otherwise... GREAT JOB DEVS!!!

Now make more more more...

I rate this 4 & 1/2 out of 5

The 1/2 is only because of the kinda junkpiley H0s... everything else was spot on.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Sep 24, 11 12:07 AM
rchogan wrote:Like the little kid says at the end, "Worst. Cruise. Ever." Game was so short I checked the walk through to see if I had missed something. Other than phone calls which neither exist nor matter I missed nothing. Nice graphics, good story line, puzzles either too easy or too hard. On the whole, not worth $7.

Geez um maybe not give away the ending line huh? Kinda would have liked to enjoy that for the first time when I finished the game. Or at least white out the text and add a spoiler alert.

xmaseve24
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by xmaseve24 on Jan 12, 12 3:29 PM
I love the story idea, the overall atmosphere and graphics

I do not like so many hidden object scenes which I found VERY difficult to see especially when I'm in a timed trial. Scenes didn't seem to be sharp and clear as I would like. I also do not like the "linear" aspect where you can only go one direction. I want to be able to go back to locations easily. Or perhaps I just didn't figure out how?

I fully intended to buy, especially at a DD price, but sorry...no.

bookworm42
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm42 on Jan 13, 12 3:16 PM
im disappointed.quite short<3hrs,lame ending. glad it was only a dod and ididnt pay full price. very poor

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 21, 12 7:32 AM
You know, I think I may have demoed this game before and left a review. Not a buy even at 2.99. I had to shut off the horrible music and those awful voiceovers. Good grief. Game was awkward and there were so many things popping up that it made it slow and confusing...Curser was annoying, draggie and awkward also. Lasted about 15 minutes before tiring of this game. Graphics were dark and not very clear. Maybe a 2 out of 5, and that is being generous!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Aug 2, 13 5:59 PM
The word I think of to describe this game is primitive. I lasted about two minutes.

Go to: