Gillian8512
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life technical issues here only

[Post New]by Gillian8512 on Feb 17, 11 11:43 AM
After downloading the trial version with no play time I got a black screen with a note to reload my Game Manager; this is only the second game I have had any problems with -- both Large File games (Syberia & Tree of Life) -- could that be it?

[Post New]by gamelioness on Feb 17, 11 1:27 PM
Every Chapter of this game had a glitch so far, with one exception "The Yacht". Brittany-toner, Venice-Mask & Flare, Cairo-whip. Each time I had to reinstall the game and start over. I am now almost to the end of Gibralter and another glitch has occured.

I have been reading all the complaints against this game and have not seen any responses from any techs to help rectify these matters. They seem to be from other users trying to help by their experiences.

If all these problems are occuring, shouldn't Big Fish pull this game until the glitches are repaired and reimburse the trusting purchasers their money? I would hate to think purchasing games is a gamble.

[Post New]by Mystijade on Feb 17, 11 7:50 PM
I am stuck in Venice it should take to me to Cairo but does not. When I try to get her to leave she keeps saying there is something she has to do which there is not. Been trying this for 3 nights and same results.

[Post New]by Mystijade on Feb 17, 11 7:58 PM
I agree I have sent emails and ask for help and receive nothing in response - this game seems to be full of problems just like Return to Mysterious Island 2 they are both large filed and very frusturation oriented to play. Not at all intertaining the tech people need to really look at this game and refund our money until they fix its many problems

[Post New]by silverdel on Feb 19, 11 9:04 AM
hey i have got through most of the game fine im at the stage of having to search the tree of life for fruit which i managed to do an then went an talked with count an he told me to go to the vilage an talk to a native, after the conversation ended i went to the village to talk to the native but hes not there i have checked online to were he is ment to be an watched a video to see if there was anything i have missed so not sure whats happend but im unable to progress. Any soloutions?

Edited on 02/19/2011 at 9:23:37 AM PST

MaryDa
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by MaryDa on Feb 19, 11 12:55 PM
AIRSHIP coordinates and getting rid of the dang money...please fix this issue BFG!!!!!!!!!

PhillieKat
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by PhillieKat on Feb 19, 11 4:35 PM
I never wrote into the Forum as much as I had to with this game. I was able to get past all the glitches but now it appears I have hit a place of never being able to leave Gibralter. The game will not get rid of the money and checks in my inventory after talking to Sarah and the Count about the deal, so therefore, the Count will never leave with me to the Airship. Because of this issue with the money, the map will not go onto the back-lit console either. I hate to quit this game after all this progress, but I have no idea how to get past this. I have tried to start at other saved points to no avail. I don't think I could stand doing the entire game over again because the dialog sections are endless and you have to allow them to a point or else it won't trigger certain events. Wish I had the answer.

I have Dell XPS Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit computer.

Edited on 02/19/2011 at 4:39:08 PM PST

Maven
Clownfish
Clownfish
944 Posts

[Post New]by Maven on Feb 19, 11 5:57 PM
Philliekat:
The game will not get rid of the money and checks in my inventory after talking to Sarah and the Count about the deal, so therefore, the Count will never leave with me to the Airship. Because of this issue with the money, the map will not go onto the back-lit console either.

I am having the EXACT same issues. Game has played fine for me up to this point.

I have an HP running Vista OS (64-bit).

[Post New]by mespidder on Feb 19, 11 8:29 PM
The game will not let me select the stone wall. I have the wire from the fence but can not zoom on the wall. I have tried multiple times. I do have all the right inventory and can not talk to anyone. Any suggestions? Don't want to start over had to do that 3 times already.

Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of LifeE technical issues here only

[Post New]by Chelee on Feb 20, 11 12:53 PM
"Glitches seem to be popping up randomly for a lot of us. Mine is in Cairo, after copying the map and returning to the antiques dealer, he is supposed to take the scarf back during our conversation. Well, the conversation happens, but he never takes the scarf, so I can't actually continue the game."
I am having the exact same problem...have you resolved it?

kcasey57
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by kcasey57 on Feb 20, 11 4:18 PM
it tellls me i am supposed to remove the ramrod from the pistol...how the heck do i do this. I must be missing something. if i click on the pistol it just goes into my inventory. have re started the game and it did it again....am almost sorry i bought it

kcasey57
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by kcasey57 on Feb 20, 11 4:23 PM
trinastanton wrote:I have had nothing but problems with this stupid game. I have restarted four times and have wasted countless hours. Yet, I am no further than I was. The first problem I had was receiving the toner and the resin. The janitor says he gives them to me, yet they never showed up in my inventory. I started again, this time, I received the toner and used it. When I returned to ask for the resin, he says, I will be right back, he goes inside his house, the door closes and he never returns. I am left standing outside the door. U cannot ring his doorbell again. I started over two more times, and the same thing happened. He said I will be right back, closed the door, and there I am standing and waiting. He never returns. The game does not freeze and I do not receive any error codes. I can still walk around, but I cannot progress in the game without the items. We customers that bought this game, should be compensated for all the hours we wasted for nothing. I have been a member for quite awhile. I don't have to be though. I could save a lot of time and money if I cancelled. Another point I would like to make is this...why is it that u can BUY after the early afternoon hours, but cannot reach anyone in customer service or technical service? I think I know the answer to that one...I am a very disgruntled customer right now. btw, I didn't play the trial first, just bought it and started playing. In my opinion, it would be in your best interest not to sale anymore of these until the problems are resolved. Save someone some time and misery. I bought it cause it was number one..yeah right, number one problem!

kcasey57
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by kcasey57 on Feb 20, 11 4:25 PM
"trinastanton...if you walk away and go back to the work shop...or go in and talk to claire when you come back outside the janitor should be out side his door with the resin.

momma707
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

[Post New]by momma707 on Feb 20, 11 4:50 PM
I am having difficulty with the windmill adjusting...I press the left ball twice,but when I try to press the lever down 2x if pops up after only one!! Have gone back over and over again...the same thing happens. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game too, but nothing has changed. I have spent many hours on this game and would like to finish it. What can you do for me?

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Feb 20, 11 6:04 PM
This is the second time I've tried to play this demo with a couple months in between (my other post is here on the second page and never got a response.)

I am having the same problem; this game stops, freezes, stutters and literally has the characters re-walking and duplicating saying each of their lines. When I hard closed it, since that was the only way to close it, it froze up my whole laptop.

I went to help and looked up the problem as close as I could find it and I have a Dell Intel Pentium with Windoz XB with a 64 bit drive.

Help please?

momma707
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

[Post New]by momma707 on Feb 21, 11 7:42 AM
momma707 wrote:I am having difficulty with the windmill adjusting...I press the left ball twice,but when I try to press the lever down 2x if pops up after only one!! Have gone back over and over again...the same thing happens. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game too, but nothing has changed. I have spent many hours on this game and would like to finish it. What can you do for me?

PhillieKat
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by PhillieKat on Feb 22, 11 11:02 AM
Maven wrote:Philliekat:
The game will not get rid of the money and checks in my inventory after talking to Sarah and the Count about the deal, so therefore, the Count will never leave with me to the Airship. Because of this issue with the money, the map will not go onto the back-lit console either.

I am having the EXACT same issues. Game has played fine for me up to this point.

I have an HP running Vista OS (64-bit).

Mavin, I find it interesting that you too have a 64-bit computer. After looking through the Forum, it appeared that there were many Windows 7 conflicts, but now I am also hearing about 64-bit computers with other operating systems being affected as well. I don't know if it is relevant to our issue or not. I have written Customer Service and I am waiting their reply. If I receive an answer that would benefit us, I'll letcha know.

Edited on 02/22/2011 at 11:03:32 AM PST

PhillieKat
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by PhillieKat on Feb 22, 11 11:10 AM
kcasey57 wrote:it tellls me i am supposed to remove the ramrod from the pistol...how the heck do i do this. I must be missing something. if i click on the pistol it just goes into my inventory. have re started the game and it did it again....am almost sorry i bought it

When I was at this part of the game, I had the same problem but what you have to do is right click on the gun in your inventory (it will get big on the screen in a frame). Then you left click on the ramrod part (the silver part under the barrel) and it should separate. Give it a try.

[Post New]by velda319 on Feb 22, 11 6:12 PM
I have gone to the porter 3 different times to get the toner. I can not get it from him.

eric32
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of LifeE technical issues here only

[Post New]by eric32 on Feb 23, 11 3:23 AM
boptab wrote:
Baybear wrote:I"m not getting the mask or flare from the masked partiers in Venice. I gave them the autographed book and the woman mentions the flare, but then all converation is ended and nothing goes into inventory (I scrolled the inventory arrows and nothing new was there). I went back and forth and tried to talk to them again, but no conversation was allowed and no mask or flare. I loaded an earlier portion of the game and "came through again" using the walkthrough, but again... no mask or flare were given. Sounds like a bunch of bugs in this one.

I'm having the same problem! Have tried playing the scene over using a save...nope still have no mask or flare in inventory. Also, deleted and reinstalled the game. Very frustrating.

Go to: