aperry423
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Phantasmat

[Post New]by aperry423 on Feb 23, 11 2:38 PM
Fun game with a Return to Ravenhearst feel. Good story line, and nothing was too difficult. It definitely had an original ending that was unexpected.

tunaontoast
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,449 Posts

[Post New]by tunaontoast on Feb 23, 11 10:07 PM
Great game! I think this game will be one of my favorites because there are many places to discover and it has a terrific creepy factor. The morphing images, overall graphics and music were very well done. I enjoyed and was very pulled into the storyline. I really liked the ending and the ability to achieve trophies. I needed to look at the walkthrough 3 times. I definitely recommend this game.

[Post New]by Cindel221 on Feb 24, 11 2:08 AM
Amazing game. I was so impressed by this one and bought it after about 10 mins of the trial. The acting was great, storyline was entertaining and somewhat creepy. I only did HOG, but I'm sure the Match game is fun too. A++ I hope BFG comes out with some more like this!

[Post New]by moniekay on Feb 24, 11 1:31 PM
aperry423 wrote:Fun game with a Return to Ravenhearst feel. Good story line, and nothing was too difficult. It definitely had an original ending that was unexpected.

I agree, Ravenhearst was my all-time favorite until this one. But I am having a problem, I am stuck at the cemetery site, I cannot go back up the elevator, it only goes half way and stops and say I need to go back. I only have 2 inventory items the valve and the spotlight. I know, now, that I should have put the spotlight with the diving suit but I cant get back there to do it. Is there something in the cemetery I need to get? Hoping for an answer cause I don't want to start all over. The "HINT" says that I need to put the spotlight with the diving suit...dah can't get there though.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 24, 11 3:39 PM
moniekay wrote:
I agree, Ravenhearst was my all-time favorite until this one. But I am having a problem, I am stuck at the cemetery site, I cannot go back up the elevator, it only goes half way and stops and say I need to go back. I only have 2 inventory items the valve and the spotlight. I know, now, that I should have put the spotlight with the diving suit but I cant get back there to do it. Is there something in the cemetery I need to get? Hoping for an answer cause I don't want to start all over. The "HINT" says that I need to put the spotlight with the diving suit...dah can't get there though.

Hi moniekay! Welcome to the forums! There is a thread on the first page of this forum titled ELEVATOR - tips for using that may help you get out of that pesky elevator! Good luck!

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Feb 25, 11 1:47 PM
Finished this game last night and love it! I got quite a lot of play from it, loved that you can switch from HOG to match 3! I plan to replay with the harder options next time!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Feb 25, 11 4:41 PM
OMG...everything about this game, was totally AWESOME, it is now my FAVORITE, IHOG of all time.
Developers you have shown what needs to be done, to seperate the MEN from the boys, when it comes to making a FANTASTIC game.
This should win an award, for SURE, I have never been so drawn into a game, there could have been a bomb exploding, and I wouldn't have noticed, it was that GOOD!!!
To be quite honest, on a lot of these games, I buy them, only to find I eventually lose interest, and than just try to finish them, to move on to the next one.
NOT the case with this one, it had me from the moment I started, all the way until the GREAT ending.
The story was sheer talent, so engaging, I was completely absorbed, but it didn't stop there, the movement of the game, with the SPECTACULAR graphics, and facinating artwork, just kept me entertained through out, the entire game .. !!
Most games that claim to be spooky, I just laugh at, and think REALLY, its going to take a lot more than that, to scare me .
When I think of twisted imagery, that is suppose to give you that creep factor, I was finally impressed for the first time, with this game ...WOO HOO..LOVED IT !
It just felt like the game was made for me, perfect challenge, great flow, plenty of HOG scenes, which I just love, and the option to play M3, which is another one of my favorites, and a HUGE added bonus to the game play, YEP..PERFECTION!!
The hotel owner, the girl and granny where so COOL to look at, I just think it was brilliant and not a detail missed, the way the story unfolded.
I didn't get stuck once, which is a first, and another reason I enjoyed playing it so much, on other games that are so complicated, that is when I just get board, because it breaks the flow, for me anyway.
And I also love trophy's, got them all except the phantasmat and eyecatcher, you had to get 35 golden eyes playing the M3, in order to get the eyecatcher, which than gave you the phantasmat trophey..didn't know that until the end DANG IT..lol!
So now I have another great reason to replay, this FABULOUS gem again, and this is without a doubt a star game, really worth 10 stars..IMHO!!
I am hoping and praying, with fingers and toes crossed, that this really isn't the end, bring on MORE please ....LOVED IT :-)

GIMLISAXE
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by GIMLISAXE on Feb 25, 11 6:47 PM
I think quarlesqueen said it best. AWESOME!

cuzab
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by cuzab on Feb 25, 11 8:51 PM
I loved this game! The only part I had real trouble with were the codes in the sewer. Other than that, I had a great time figuring out the puzzles.

cass254
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by cass254 on Feb 26, 11 5:44 AM
Absolutely PHANTASTIC!! Loved this game. Brilliant graphics, love the switch from **** to match3. I had a slight hitch at the beginning but it was solved by just resetting my profile. One of the few games that I went straight back and played again as soon as I finished it. Definitely a five star game. Well done.

myrnie
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by myrnie on Feb 26, 11 8:01 AM
What a wonderful game - worth every penny of it and thoroughly enjoyable - more like this one please

[Post New]by MuseForLifE on Feb 26, 11 9:52 AM
One of the best games I've ever played on here. Great story, very nice graphics and as you go along, the hairs on your arms slowly start rising. I was personally pretty freaked out at the end. This usually means it's a great game!

The only thing I would have liked to see more of, was characters trying to interact or prevent me from reaching the goal. It seemed a bit effortless in the end, but still in a very exciting manner. Love the possibility of changing between HOG and M3, plus all the other little puzzles you encounter throughout the game - esp. loved the piano puzzle.

/6 - absolutely recommendable!

garhawk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by garhawk on Feb 27, 11 5:01 PM
I just finished this game and I must say I really enjoyed it! I've always enjoyed playing BF HOG games, but this one is really good! The storyline, hidden objects, the match-3 and the music were superb! The music gave the game a sense of urgency. I felt that i had to hurry up and complete the puzzles and find the hidden objects. I was sorry when it ended. I wish I had given the CE a chance. I even won all the trophies! Great job Big Fish!

eyesore
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by eyesore on Feb 28, 11 2:11 PM
I just finished this game. Absolutely hands up, the winner! Makes other games paltry by comparison. Terrific graphics, nice pace. More like this, please!

netizen
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by netizen on Feb 28, 11 10:51 PM
Terrific game!

Looks good. Good length. Great atmosphere. Interesting story. Unique switch from M3 to H.O. Good level of challenges for the puzzles AND all in 188 MB.

Thank you developers for a great game which also doesn't break the limited-monthly-download "bank". Well done!

Edited on 02/28/2011 at 10:51:57 PM PST

warmbear
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by warmbear on Mar 3, 11 12:41 PM
This is a very well done game. Good storyline, good voice acting, good graphics. The game is fairly long, but you will wish it was longer, it is that good!

I will definitely be awaiting a sequel on this.

[Post New]by philanna3827 on Mar 4, 11 3:32 PM
What a great game! I really enjoyed every bit of it!

NaomiGrace
Flounder
Flounder
2,220 Posts

[Post New]by NaomiGrace on Mar 5, 11 8:37 AM
QuarlesQueen says EVERYTHING I wanted to say and excellently.

BEST GAME FOR ME SINCE DIRE GROVE AND THAT'S SAYING A LOT!!!!

I couldn't wait to get back to this game and I too have started many only to MAKE myself finish.

No way with this one!!!

WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WONDERFUL I grace

elcbee1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by elcbee1 on Mar 5, 11 11:58 PM
This game is great! Worth the money. I appreciate being able to play this game in different ways. Getting around isn't hard if you pay attention to the clues. Buy it. You'll like it!

iou001
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by iou001 on Mar 6, 11 1:07 AM
I give this game an 'A'. I love the 3 skill levels. I began with the easy level because I like to take my time playing games while I watch tv. Parts of the game were difficult but with patience I'd master it. I love the awards you get when you've achieved a certain amount of challenges, solved levels without using hints, etc. The graphics are some of the best. I'm not too much into a lot of dialogue like this game has, or the gorry video scences between some of the adventure. I wish there was a 'Skip' button when those scenes came up. I like how you can speed through the dialogue. That made it tolerable. They need a 'speed up' through the video scenes if they cant have a 'Skip' button. I loved the HOG scenes. The difficulty was perefect for me. Some items were easy yet others not so easy. But at least the items actually looked like what they were supposed to compared to a lot of HOG games I have to groan through. I noticed that this game has cluttered HOG scenes but they did it the right way. I LOVE THE LENGTH OF THIS GAME. Well worth the price. I'm recommending this game to all of my HOG playing pals and when I finish the expert mode I'll buy the CE. BFG- get more games like this. It's great!

Go to: