Re:Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ - Updated Version Available Now

[Post New]by sanika_0781 on Jan 5, 09 2:09 AM
Hi, iam sanika_0781@rediffmail.com i like your game.i will have to play the but i can't buy it because it is very costly .

[Post New]by storyteller on Jan 6, 09 9:50 AM
Maybe I'm too old for this game but so far it hasn't been any fun. It's so difficult that it's stressful. I play games for pleasure and to wind down after a hard, long day. This game is over over my head and I've played games for fifteen years now. Having to follow a Stategy Guide step-by-step ruins any game.
There is no progression in the story line that makes any sense. I actually forgot that there was a story because the clues are so hard to find and difficult to piece together. There is no factual reasoning just a bunch of things that don't belong together. This is probably my last game too. The graphics are beautiful but they don't make up for the dis-jointed game play.

Edited on 01/06/2009 at 10:00:02 AM PST

[Post New]by marilynjnorman on Jan 6, 09 6:16 PM
Hi Holly -

I'm with you! I need to get through that darn fireplace!!!! GGGGRRRRR!!!!

Marilyn in South Australia

[Post New]by momchel on Jan 7, 09 3:45 PM
We purchased this stupid game soon after it first came out and we are STILL here, NOT being able to play! It got stuck in the fireplace issue and NOTHING we do changes that. We were not even lucky enough to be able to uninstall and reinstall each time to play! NO PLAY AT ALL is possible for us until they DO ANOTHER FIX! We have been waiting all these weeks now, and I still so NO FIX! I have e-mailed tech spt endlessly, continue to be told "no idea" when fix will be completed. I'm approaching my limit now. If I don't see this fix soon I will demand my money back. We are SOOOO disappointed. I'd sure like to know why this company continues to sell this game, KNOWING that people are having issues ALL over the place! I would NEVER have purchased it when I did!!! Completely frustrated. They did issue me game credit for my trouble but, honestly, I don't like the way they are doing business with this entire issue. I have yet to even LOOK at any of there games anymore to even attempt to use my credit..............

[Post New]by 14carrotlady on Jan 8, 09 3:04 PM
Update sounds good but if I have to reinstall, will I loose everything and have to go back to the beginning?
My problem is that I'm stuck in the attic since getting the record. No matter what I do, there is no way downstairs or off the balcony. I have not skipped anything that I know of, am running Vista and had no problems with the usual things noted here - just this stuck problem. I even took it off full screen. Have the fastest 6 gig ram, biggest compluter and everything has been fine up till now - much to my surprise.
Anyway, sure would like to get past this little problem before I rip out all my hair.
Big thanks to anyone with any answers for me!!

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jan 8, 09 4:55 PM
14carrotlady wrote:Update sounds good but if I have to reinstall, will I loose everything and have to go back to the beginning?
My problem is that I'm stuck in the attic since getting the record. No matter what I do, there is no way downstairs or off the balcony. I have not skipped anything that I know of, am running Vista and had no problems with the usual things noted here - just this stuck problem. I even took it off full screen. Have the fastest 6 gig ram, biggest compluter and everything has been fine up till now - much to my surprise.
Anyway, sure would like to get past this little problem before I rip out all my hair.
Big thanks to anyone with any answers for me!!

You originally got out of the attic by going down the rope after the trap door was opened. Try clicking on the floor around the trap door (if you can't see the rope) to see if that gets you down to the theater level. Then, just go out the window and click on the ladder (barely visible in the bottom right side of the screen) and you should be back at the front porch of the mansion. If clicking the ladder doesn't work, try clicking off in the distance, towards the top of the screen, and see if that works.

(I assumed that you already got the axe and got rid of the boards on the window to reveal the balcony. If you haven't done that, you have to get the axe from the library behind the bookcase.)

Good luck

Edited on 01/08/2009 at 4:57:50 PM PST

[Post New]by sargesr on Jan 10, 09 9:23 AM
well im stuck at the fireplace dont know what to do

jelfish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jelfish on Jan 10, 09 11:25 AM
goldenrodfarm wrote:
HolliAnne77 wrote:do you know if they ONLY addressed the problems with the Twins Coffin area or do they think this will also fix the fireplace issue?

So.... has anyone with the fireplace issue tried this out? I am feeling so left out since I can;t progress beyond the fireplace.

jelfish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ - stuck on level one

[Post New]by jelfish on Jan 10, 09 11:27 AM
I downloaded game last week and cannot get pass the fireplace I have no idea how to. Can anyone help me jelfish

tporf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by tporf on Jan 10, 09 12:17 PM
I can't figure out how to open the backyard gate. Any hints out there?

[Post New]by carolmtj on Jan 10, 09 4:53 PM
Can someone please tell me what to do after I've freed the twins--I just installed this game 2 days ago, do I need the updated version that everyone is talking about or do I already have it?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ - stuck on level one

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 10, 09 4:56 PM
jelfish wrote:I downloaded game last week and cannot get pass the fireplace I have no idea how to. Can anyone help me jelfish
Get the sun from under the vines in the cemetery.

Get the moon from the Statue of Rose in the garden.

Place the sun and moon in the center of the fireplace puzzle.

Click and drag the symbol that looks like a spiral with a dot over it, to the empty spot on the left side beside the sun.

Click and drag the symbol that looks like a 76 mashed together, to the empty spot on the right side beside the moon.

Then pull the handle at the top.

Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ - Updated Version Available Now

[Post New]by taneblack on Jan 10, 09 9:31 PM
bfgErie wrote:We have a new build of Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ available on the website right now. This should correct the errors users are experiencing in the Twins Coffin area. To get the new version, simply uninstall the game from your computer and then reinstall the game from our website. For instructions on how to do this, click on the link below that will take you to a help page article that gives you step by step information:
[b]
<a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=492>Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com>here</a> or by clicking on the "Need Tech Support" link at the right of this page.

bfgErie

jelfish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jelfish on Jan 11, 09 4:28 PM
I am stuck on the first level I cannot get the garden door open. Can someone help me? Also what does the magnify glass mean? I feel so stupid with this game

[Post New]by givingtreegaller on Jan 11, 09 6:09 PM
Im so dissapointed.. I cant get past #29 case file.. at total stop

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jan 11, 09 6:23 PM
jelfish wrote:I am stuck on the first level I cannot get the garden door open. Can someone help me? Also what does the magnify glass mean? I feel so stupid with this game

You have to go into the house and then the kitchen before you can open the gate. One the wall of the kitchen, you'll find a drawing of the position of the bird skeleton.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jan 11, 09 6:25 PM
givingtreegaller wrote:Im so dissapointed.. I cant get past #29 case file.. at total stop

In order for us to help you, we need to know where you are in the game (not the case file # because that varies) and what items you have in your inventory. There's a thread for each section of the game that might be able to help you. If not, either post your question in that thread (preferrably) or ask your question in a new post.

There's lots of help available here from other gamers.

jelfish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jelfish on Jan 11, 09 8:01 PM
BinLA wrote:
jelfish wrote:I am stuck on the first level I cannot get the garden door open. Can someone help me? Also what does the magnify glass mean? I feel so stupid with this game

You have to go into the house and then the kitchen before you can open the gate. One the wall of the kitchen, you'll find a drawing of the position of the bird skeleton.

I tried that position and that didn't work. what did i do wrong

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jan 11, 09 8:22 PM
Someone once suggested to look at the position on the head, then adjust the limbs according to that. Sometimes the head is tilted in the drawing, and you have to allow for that when you're looking at a straight up image on the gate. Other than that, I can only suggest that you do one limb at a time. Each limb has two joints so just click on them until that limb looks correct, then move on to the next limb. The problem I had is that I kept putting the left leg at an angle from the first joint, when it was actually supposed to be straight down.

[Post New]by djc369 on Jan 11, 09 9:28 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can buy this game? I can't find it anywhwere.

Go to: