frostledge
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss

[Post New]by frostledge on Feb 28, 11 4:48 PM
Thought this would be a decent game. Oh how wrong I was..... WHY oh WHY do we need to keep helping people "clean" their place in order to talk like the sister? Then I have to clean my room to talk to Aiden and once I cleared the list, the room STILL looked disheveled. And to HIRE a detective and have to keep doing "tests" to prove myself? I would have gone to another agency if I had to jump through hoops like that. Obviously he stinks if I know more than he does and he keeps losing things like glasses. Don't get me wrong, it had a mixture of everything. Hidden objects, spot the difference which I happen to hate because they bore me, lining up items into a diagonal line from bottom left to top right and memory with those button shaped things that didn't tell you in the second round who to look for like Balthar, and the game started so quick, I was like huh? Didn't realize WHO I was supposed to look for that time. Maybe I'm just an idiot for wanting a little here's who you need to look for this time......

It took forever to load between each page and I found myself more frustrated because I would clear items out and they were left in my inventory until I used a hint to locate it and saw it was already one I clicked on every time. Just did not care for much about this and I gave it a fair shot. 60 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. When will I learn that if it aggravates me, to get out and uninstall? Guess I'm glutton for punishment.....

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 1, 11 10:56 PM
i don't think i can quite do my thoughts justice on this one...

the cookie cutter characters with their empty and brainless banter were just the tip of the iceberg... the graphics in the multitude of hidden object scenes were horrendous and the STD scenes were even worse! it just made absolutely no sense - and i could hardly believe that this was published as is...

a lot of work could have made this game halfway palatable, but putting the word 'vampire' in your title doesn't make it a hit

would that i had been the one to get snatched away and never laid eyes on this atrocity...

HOaddict
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by HOaddict on Mar 4, 11 9:18 PM
Poor plot, poor dialogue, poor deductive reasoning in plot development. Good graphics.

Rating: 2 out of 5. A no buy for me.

Moontan
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Moontan on Mar 11, 11 9:21 PM
I wouldn't call this crap, per se. Let's just say that I think I could write a better story line. And that's saying a lot since I don't profess to be a great writer at all. But the story was so transparent and it felt really forced. The characters came up with really lame reasons to do the Hidden Object Scenes. It was as if no one was really taking it seriously. Also, the main character fell too quickly and completely for the male vampire protagonist. Then again, that might just be the flavor of vampire stories these days. Who knows?

The graphics, sound, and mini games were fine. If there had been more depth to the story surrounding it, I would have been far more impressed. I would almost say that the work on the appearance of the game was wasted on such a vague and unsatisfying story.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 28, 11 12:55 PM
i thought the game was just ok, I don't and want hurt anyone's feeling's the DEV's try to please us the best they can, I do appreciate all the DEV's some of them does a better job then others..I do thank big fish for trying to make us all happy.. I love HOG games only, So I wait until there offered to us,But i do try to thank BF,,sometimes we have to realize there task is not easy, We could be more understanding where we get a game is not up to our par.. Just my thoughts..

MaryD1215
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MaryD1215 on May 11, 11 5:21 AM
This is one of the worst games I've ever played. I almost always, at least, finish the demo but after a bit on this one I had to stop. First of all I couldn't play it full screen because the screen kept rolling, then the items were so tiny there was no way I could find them without many hints. The final straw, though, was the "find the differences" puzzle where I clicked on several obvious differences and it wouldn't "find" them. I was so annoyed I came right here to put in my 2 cents.

[Post New]by LilReb28 on May 15, 11 4:03 PM
Got to agree with most of the reviews. This game sucks. Never got so tired of hunting for hidden objects one after another. Puzzels few and far between. Absolute waste of money and time.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on May 21, 11 11:29 PM
This is a no buy. Weird because I thought I had tried it before but I had 60 minutes on the trial so guess not. Maybe I skipped it because of the bad reviews... I should have stuck to that and passed. I liked the story and didn't mind the character cutouts for the dialog but at the end of the day it just felt like work. And a HUGE pet peeve of mine do NOT PUNISH ME FOR CLICKING!!!!!!!!!! I'm PAYING YOU for goodness sake let me play the game the way I want to play. Why on earth any dev continues to put that sort of thing in there when they KNOW it makes people mad and not buy is beyond me... do you not want sales?? Are you making games just for the fun of it and don't care if you turn off all your potential buyers? Seriously... I'd really like to know. And if your answer is "to make it harder" or "it's more fun that way" then NO IT'S NOT. It's not "harder" and it sure as heck isn't more fun. The only reason someone clicks a lot is because they're frustrated at the impossible to find items and the hint (or skip) charges too slowly. Or else it's an adventure game and you're SUPPOSED to click a lot. I think I read in another review that this dev is an adventure game maker... then shame on them. They should know better.

Shame too... as I said I liked the story... was going to buy but then that black screen for clicking combined with tiny items and nope. Not as DD not even free.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 4:28 AM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 2 stars
Story – 2 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2 stars
Overall – 2.25 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

BASED ON DEMO

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Mar 5, 13 5:15 AM
BASED ON COMPLETED DEMO

Dated, HOG Heavy, But I Liked It.

Story: Sarah tries to find her missing friend, who was taken away by a dark being in the middle of the night. When no one else will take her seriously, she comes to the Mystery Agency for help.

Developer: Cranberry Production
Release Date: Feb 2011
Extras: None

This one is old in style and game mechanics, more about the HOs and other puzzles than the story. The story is admittedly lame .But it is wrapped around a delirious number of different-styled HOs and puzzles. HOs include listed items, silhouettes, and fragmented HOs and there are quite a lot of easy puzzles – lots of spot the difference for instance - as well. Too many dialogue balloons slow the game down, but you can click them away. quite. The graphics are fine, clear and easy to see – although some objects are small.

For HO lovers, this game has it all, so if that’s you, why don’t you ignore the critics and give it a whirl.

Go to: