sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Serpent of Isis:Your Journey Continues

[Post New]by sandebeach on Mar 1, 11 1:12 PM
Bought this one last night because I needed one more game to fill a punch card. I have not played the first one, so I can't compare the two games, but I started playing this game at 9 AM, took a few breaks to do house chores, and I just finished. I can't believe that this was a SE, great length for me! I bought Shadow Wolf CE and Maestro of Death CE, and it took me longer to finish this game than the CE games. I love doing HOG scenes, and there were so many in this game, loved it. Not much to add, as usual GoofyDuck did a superb review, but I will say I loved the graphics, particularly in the Hidden Object scenes (quality reminded me of ERS games, which are my favorites). I particularly loved seeing the snow in the Italy scene, that was awesome. I also loved the rain and the sound of the rain in the later Paris home scene. To me, this was eyecandy, and I will go back and replay just to see those scenes again. I didn't realize at first that each chapter had a different Special Item to find, so I did not get all of them, but that will be my challenge to find them all when I replay this game. It was interesting that at least twice in the game, the interactive scenes mimiced real-life timing, meaning that you had to wait until the task was completed before you could get the desired item. That put me off at first, I thought I had a glitch in my game, but finally realized I needed to proceed and do other things and then come back after the time period was complete. I struggled at first because I kept hitting the map instead of the suitcase but then realized I could just click on top to get my inventory. Great game!

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Mar 1, 11 6:21 PM
Loved the game !! Good graphics and fairly long. Loved the fact that the puzzles were so different from other games. However, did find that even with the walkthrough I couldn't make the solution match what was shown in a couple of them.
But nice being able to skip. Don't think i ever played the first one so will try to find it. Thanks BFG for all your great games.

JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Mystery solved!

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on Mar 1, 11 9:04 PM

Hi all!

I didn't at all care for the game and didn't buy it, but I know I'm in the minority.

But I think I figured out what's wrong with Robert's face! Sitting down? It's a face transplant.

Don't roll your eyes...if you look at his face you'll see that the upper half, from nose to forehead, is pale and bathed in this sickly red spot light. The lower half of his face is olive-skinned with a heavy 5 O'Clock shadow. Go on, go look. I'm thinking maybe he ran into the Vampires over in "Dying for Daylight" and, well, you know how that sometimes works out.

I've been downloading a lot of hour game trials to pass the time; I have the flu, and it's amazing how much NyQuil, sudafed, menthol, percocet and coffee can clear your thought process

On another tangent, I got my Big Fish keychain today. I'm so proud

Happy Wednesday, all

rameses1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rameses1 on Mar 1, 11 11:38 PM
Please help I am stuck on the hidden object in the drawer
I need a small key to open the briefcase and cannot find it Therefor I can not get the piece of the map/drawing
manythanks
Rameses

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Mar 2, 11 12:10 AM
This is a fabulous game and the best Non- CE to come along in a long time. Well worth the buy.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 2, 11 12:54 AM
rameses1 wrote:Please help I am stuck on the hidden object in the drawer
I need a small key to open the briefcase and cannot find it Therefor I can not get the piece of the map/drawing
manythanks
Rameses

Hey Rameses...

You will sometimes find objects you need in a H0 scene somewhere else. The key is not in the H0 scene. Go back out and look for it somewhere else. And then go back in with it.

sea_maid
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by sea_maid on Mar 2, 11 10:06 AM
This one has been quite along time coming. The first one was released way back, but we finally have the sequel...

The graphics- The majority of the scenes were good, although I think that the Hidden Object areas were done in higher quality than the rest of the game. Some of the scenes (.e.g. the front of the Grandfather's house) could have used a little finishing. And the character's design was different from the first one, if I'm not mistaken. A bit cartoony, if you ask me.

The gameplay- Not too hard and not too easy. The puzzles were good, and were appropriate to the theme.No glitches there. Storywise, it was interesting, but I'm not clear whether there will be another one or not. We found the tomb of Isis, but I thought, at least from the first installment, that the search was for the serpent, not the tomb.

Overall, a really good game, and a SE one at that.

Edited on 03/02/2011 at 10:07:30 AM PST

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by diggermonty on Mar 2, 11 10:16 AM
Much better than the prequel. This one had less cartooney characters and sharper art work. The train chapter was fun to work through as were the church tasks.

As in most of the games in this genre, the ending was a wash out. Plop! game over. I wish a developer would spend a little more time in tieing up loose ends, and make you feel you have accomplished something. The few games that give you this sort of closure are the Sherlock Holmes games.

Nice to see a game with more than two active characters. The bad guy was flop as a baddie. Looked like my kind old uncle Frank who wouldn't hurt a fly.
I give this game a 6 out of 10

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 2, 11 11:37 AM
I'm just about to start chapter 6 and I'm so glad I decided to get this game. This is much better for me than the first one. I'm still interested in what's going on, it hasn't gotten boring at all. The music - not so good, but I just turned it down. The only thing I don't like is that you have to click on the dialogue to make it go away before you can do anything else. That's just a small complaint. I like everything else, but have missed two special objects, so perhaps I'll play it again just to make sure I get them all.

EDIT: Argh! Found another complaint! There's a scene in the dark where you have to use a flashlight! Hate those! However, it's so easy to accumulate lots and lots of hints in this game, getting through it was less painful than I thought it would be. I just used several of my hints and didn't even bother straining my eyes.

Edited on 03/03/2011 at 3:49:41 AM PST

[Post New]by theatergirl on Mar 2, 11 1:39 PM
I really like this game but I am totally stuck. I cannot get back into the book shop and there is still things to do at the hotel and church. I cannot locate the secret room and I am ready to give up and play a different game for awhile. Looked at the walk through until my eyes were crossed and I do not know what do at this point and what is up with the fountain? I am so lost and do not know what do at this point. The game is fun though, I just think I am going to be on Chapter 2 forever.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Mar 2, 11 2:10 PM
I found the HOG scenes waaaaay to easy and lost interest before trial period was even up.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Mar 3, 11 12:04 PM
Congratulations to the team who created this game! I would love to see more of these types of games. We loved Awakening Moonfell Woods for its creativity, graphics, music, and whimsy. This is on an equal par with that game - great length and content. About 5.5 hours. Interaction with characters and playing two different characters worked wonderfully. While Moonfell was whimsical fairies and princesses this was a good guy/bad guy without murder, mayhem and occult! What a refreshing game! Both stories were really well thought out. Enjoyed the adventure and different locations, especially the train. The snow and rain scenes were quite lovely and the music non intrusive. Great inter-active map. Mini-games were challenging enough to make you think but not overly so where you couldn't solve them - except for two. One we had to get the walk through and one we hit skip. The "J" fellow was really quite laughable in his appearance. There were a few cons that would have improved the game - one was to include a diary/journal. The second was the inventory at the top was extremely annoying and kept closing - although I liked the magnifier for the inventory items and the snapped pictures - placing them to the side so you could compare the puzzle would have helped. Hints on playing the mini-games would have been helpful. Over There were some places I would have like to have explored a bit more in Venice - hint hint for next game. for a great game! Well worth the price.

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Mar 3, 11 11:06 PM
Nice game with good graphics and length of play. Game has a map which lets you jump to locations instead of backtracking.
Puzzles are not too difficult, uses of hints goes against your score.
**** can be hard to spot, but that's why I buy these games.
Only thing I didn't like was the cartoon characters and goofy dialogue, that just slows me down.

slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by slm1022 on Mar 4, 11 5:57 AM
Love the ISIS series. So much game time that it makes it worth buying. Some of the games are confusing but love it just the same. Great Job!

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Mar 4, 11 8:42 AM
Valdy wrote:Well... I am exhausted (mentally) LOL Played the game over 2 days - all in all about 5 hours, and it was really fun.

A couple of things that I didn´t like were:

1) You always had to first click on the text to make it disappear so that you could continue with whatever you were doing.

2) The inventory was very awkward. It should have been at the bottom next to the suitcase, and it should have stayed open until you click on it. I had to keep opening it up when, for example, I had to look at a picture several times for a code, etc.

3) I am so used to seeing arrows pointing at the different exits you can take, that I kept thinking I was stuck when none showed. Instead I just had to click at different parts of the screen to see whether I was able to leave that way.

Apart from those three things, I had no complaints.

Those 3 issues drove me nuts in this game! Hope they pay attention and change it next time. The game interaction you mention above made the game seem very dated.

mavethrave
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mavethrave on Mar 4, 11 2:39 PM
I don't write a lot of reviews because others do such a good job but...this is GREAT! It is so much better than the first one. The graphics are clear and objects are much easier to find. The puzzles are challenging, thought provoking and doable. Length wise it was just right. Not too short and one of the few that I will replay. I didn't find all the special objects the first time through so I want to go back and redo it to try and find all of them. The story line was good and the game more than held my interest up to the end. I did turn down the volume on the music as well as the background sounds but that isn't really a big deal since I always do that. They could have made Robert a little less freaky looking but I didn't really spend much time looking at him. If you were turned off by the first Serpent of Isis because of how hard it was to see objects, you will appreciate that the developers fixed that problem and this sequel is so much better. Give it a try, I found it well worth the buy. Kudos to the developers.

rameses1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rameses1 on Mar 5, 11 2:37 AM
Valdy wrote:
rameses1 wrote:Please help I am stuck on the hidden object in the drawer
manythanks
Rameses

Hey Rameses...

You will sometimes find objects you need in a H0 scene somewhere else. The key is not in the H0 scene. Go back out and look for it somewhere else. And then go back in with it.

rameses1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rameses1 on Mar 5, 11 4:07 AM
Many thanks your hint worked
I am now stuck on the desk and the stick. Tthe clue says the stick is on the desk or is it another **** which is somewhere else
Any help would be welcome
thanks Ramesews

1Jayne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by 1Jayne on Mar 5, 11 9:24 AM
I liked this game. It was a little dark in some HOG areas but not to the point of distracting from the fun. I could have used a little less chit chat from the main character which slows play. I like when the story takes one to different regions or rooms and has a lot of interactive play. For some who only want an HOG this may frustrate you; it makes the game more interesting to me. I hope the makers have more of this type of game whether it be a third in a series or a new story line with different characters. Bravo!

[Post New]by katcar897 on Mar 5, 11 12:43 PM
I am stuck on chapter 2, I am trying to open the desk but it wont stay open and I cant find the wooden stick I need to keep it open. Any ideas?

Go to: