Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 4, 11 12:38 AM
lorilolo33 wrote:Bought it and finished it in about 2 hours. Very dissappointing. Too short a game and to much talking scenes without being able to click through to speed up, Dissappointed that i spent the money on it. should have waited. don't even know if i would have bought it if it was on sale for 2.99!!! Oh well, this is a first for me on the CE Editions...normally they're very good.
2 hours!!! I play the first chapter in 2 hours.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sunidayz on Mar 4, 11 1:42 AM
Unlike others had no technical issues with this game. Took a jumpstart to get it going, but once it started , had no issues. It was a good game. The **** scenes were a little difficult , but the graphics and music otherwise were good. I would rate it an 8 out of 10.

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Mar 4, 11 2:31 AM
I was pleasantly surprised to find this is a GREAT game! They really did it a HUGE injustice to name it Margrave, they should have just left that out. I almost didnt demo it due to the name and my experience with the previous Margraves (but since it's a CE made me curious).The previous ones were OK for straight H0Gs... almost all tedious H0s with a little bit of I (interactive). The graphics were pretty terrible.

This one is a very good quality iHOG of today's standards (well my standards anyways). It has nice scenes and fairly good graphics however I did find the H0 scenes to be a bit of a challenge. The story is compelling. I was immersed in the story and game play. It has good interaction, up there with all the other IHOGs Ive played for about the past year or two. I peeked at the SG, it looks very lengthy.

I will buy the SE (cant afford CEs).

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Mar 4, 11 3:02 AM
This game is a seq to the margrave series the ****'s are a little hard to find. Overall the game is good but not a CE game the bonus is very very short. You are starting to make to many of these games CE's that should not be CE's This is the third one that I bought that was very disapointing. BAD BAD BAD Big fish it hurts our pockets when you do that but lines yours. Why don't you make all the games CE's and let us use one of our credits to purchase one. You are heading that way anyways.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Mar 4, 11 3:51 AM
This is one of the first CE games that I will NOT be buying. I could not stand the voice overs and the way they tried to make the woman sound old fashioned considering her age was laughable. The use of the word inVENTory irritated me beyond belief. Not good enough to waste money on.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 4, 11 4:53 AM
I'm afraid this is a no buy for me. One hidden object scene after another, far too much dialogue and although the British accents were done very well, the conversations were too formal. These are supposed to be ordinary people and for the most part, we don't speak in such a stilted manner (at least no-one I know does!). Might be a buy on DD but otherwise no thanks.

And I say INventory. I guess it depends who taught you.

Edited on 03/04/2011 at 4:55:57 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 4, 11 6:06 AM
I particularly liked the intro song and it made a very nice change from just music . I hope other developers will follow suit where the budgets can afford it.

When the game started and you went to your room to upack your bag I fell about laughing as to the first item I had to find ... a cabbage ... yes a cabbage ... thinking logically it does allow for a few days clothing as you would only need to use 3 or 4 leaves a day . For the record there wasn't any clothes in there at all so the ones that appear later in the game must have been made by the fairies

Well I love the majority of this game, yes there were some items in the hidden object scenes that I couldn't find but not enough to spoil the game for me. I particularly enjoyed the Dreamcard puzzles because they were different and was sad to see that there were only 5 shadowlocks to open with them.

All in all an enjoyable game .

Cherb

Riverman73
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Riverman73 on Mar 4, 11 9:24 AM
Lovely game.

Great graphics. Strange to see some people here say those are 'grainy'. They are very clear on my screen. maybe it has to do with their PC-settings or graphic card?. The characters are clearly based on real photo's, but adjusted so they fit in with the graphics. Nice touch to the game, i think

Some original elements: the card-puzzles and the use of sketches that give 'hints'. There could have been a bit more puzzles, but in general the gameplay is a nice, balanced mixture of finding objects, trying out where to use them and puzzles.

I especially love the use of Celtic culture and mythology in this game. I am very interested in those.
Unfortunately, it annoys me a lot to see that people here seem to label those as 'occult', 'satanic' or dangerous. Its like with every new game that arrives that deals with mysterious or supernatural events, the [removed by moderator]
Bigfishgames is a commercial enterprise, not a company that should apply to the wishes and needs of an [removed by moderator](rant modus off...lol)

Edited on 03/04/2011 at 11:30:45 AM PST

Riverman73
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Riverman73 on Mar 4, 11 10:58 AM
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 03/04/2011 at 11:29:47 AM PST

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Editi

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Mar 4, 11 12:19 PM
Ok, it got me! LOL

I've been trying to cut down on purchasing CE's, because for me, the strategy guides are useless, as are the sound tracks and screen savers... I just don't use them, and if I am stuck, there are always free online walkthroughs to peek at. As of late, I've passed up many CE's for those reasons, and still waiting for the regular release of them. Despite that however, and upon impatient impulse, I've persuaded myself to purchase this game for the weekend play.

Regarding this game:

Positive reviews, beautiful graphics, great story line, smooth as silk play with no technical glitches, nice voice overs, and beautiful relaxing music to listen to while playing. Also, love that some of the items are not so easy to find upon first glance. Another words, I LIKE IT! Another winner! Really lovely game.

Happy Gaming Weekend Everyone!

Edited on 03/04/2011 at 1:10:59 PM PST

jessikart
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by jessikart on Mar 4, 11 2:55 PM
Just played a little of the demo to find out what everyone's complaining about re: inventory. Well, it's not how I'd say it, but I don't find it all that annoying. Maybe some of the non UK based fishies should consider from our point of view that sometimes we find your way of pronouncing/spelling words confusing/annoying/just not cricket? And just so you know, there is no such thing a 'British' accent!

Loved the voice acting on this - from what I endured of Margrave Manor 2, I remember that although the game was dire, the voice acting was really good, so I'm pleased they've kept that. I thought the game was...ooookaayyyy... didn't really grab me tonight, but then I'm not really in a game playing mood, so perhaps if I approach it in a better frame of mind I'll enjoy it more. Also, I'm guessing it's a UK based games company and I would like to support home grown talent, so I may yet be tempted to give it another go.

Had a few problems getting the game to run - it froze the first two times I tried to get it to run which ate into my demo time by about twenty minutes, but once up and running I had no problems.

babe09
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by babe09 on Mar 4, 11 7:08 PM
Really enjoyed this game although it was rather short for a CE. I never had to use the resources, and it took me about 4 hours to play (between cooking dinner, taking care of the pets and small chores around the house). I imagine if I had not stepped away, I could have finished in about 2 hours max.

Nice opening, great graphics and the extra game play was ok.

Overall, I loved the game but I would prefer a game that takes me a lot longer to do. Even on the causual mode!

Hope you all find it fun to play regardless.

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by diggermonty on Mar 4, 11 8:29 PM
That was one fast Seahorse to finish this game in 2 hours. Must have had some spiked seaweed. It took me 5 hours and not skipping any dream card puzzles. I was not speeding through it. The hidden object scenes were poorly drawn; fuzzy and vague, Some items were really hard to pick out.
The ending, as usual in most of these games, was a tacked on, wishy washy one. So was the one in the bonus game.
The plot was not too clearly defined. You got a few hints but not much. What was Jon after in the cellar under the chapel?
The game was not scary at all. The "beast" could have come out of a children's cartoon show. It could have been creepier. The game was a gift so I won't be too negative.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Mar 4, 11 9:54 PM
just finished this one. still loved the play, not in love with the voices or background music, but some of the hogs reminded me, vaguely, of ravenhurst. probably the dolls...i thought the puzzles were on the easy side for the most part, altho i did have trouble with one of them. i wasn't bored during play and will put this one on hold and play it again down the road. probably could have waited for the se, but too late now.
play on, fishies!

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Mar 4, 11 10:05 PM
after reading some of these posts i was astonished some said it took only 2 hours to complete this game...wow, i fancy myself to be rather good at these, and admit i do not rush through them, and avoid the hints, sg, etc, and it must have taken me at least 4 or 5 hours minimum, and that's without getting hung up or dawdling on any one scene.
it makes me wonder how much fun it could be to sail that close to the wind..
and the monster? not as scary as what i see in the mirror after a long night, esp if there are spirits involved!

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Mar 4, 11 10:13 PM
dootney wrote:Wolfenraindancer, I do that too. Heres something else I do and wander if anyone else does. When items are rather obscure do you just look at the scene and pick a starting point and span and click, especially if there are no click penalties. Look at the list after you finish, and look for the rest of the items. You would be surprised how many items you find. Kind of cracy, HUH. After that Its HINT BUTTON time.

yup, tried that one too. sometimes i get on a roll....lol

Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mamacat2many on Mar 5, 11 2:23 AM
[b]

I loved this game, I like the Margrave games but this game is much better. The story line was touching and I liked the music. I have to agree with these old eyes some of the items were hard to find but that makes it more of a challange to me. And I love the card games that was fun. This game is great and I really liked it.
Well worth the price. 5 STARS
And why would ANYONE complain about BF price, your just not paying for a game but security to. At BF when I download a game I don't have to WORRY about virus's or spyware. And with the collectors game you get to play the game and have another game to play at the end and the stratergy guide is FREE comes with the game so I think 13.99 is a bargain. And for regular games 6.99 is cheap. Yes there are some games I have played to me is not worth the price because of the game NOT BF. I am on a fixed income and I love playing **** games and BF fits my budget. Keep up the good work BF.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Mar 5, 11 4:03 AM
Renaissance Mom: Cloying is a very good term for the voices. I was thinking "fake," "patronizing," and "irritating," which are all correct, but I'm adding "cloying." Edwina was bad enough, but the animals were awful. GAH!

Dokken117: There's another word for this: "smarmy"
Add that one to the list, too!

It's a no buy for me until it's a $2.99 SE, if then. I thought the backgrounds were very lovely and the puzzles were pretty good, but the fuzzy HOs and characters in general (especially those voices) will keep my $$ in my pocket.

Wolfraindancer: Yep, I always pause before entering a new area, then look around before running to "the thing!" Learned that on FPS and adventure games way back in the early '90s--when you could die (Save game! Save game! Save game!) doing that. Old habits die hard as I have yet to be killed or even surprised digging through the PoTs.

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Mar 5, 11 5:35 AM
Purchased the first Margrave game and was sorry. It became very repetitious and boring. Won't make a decision on this one until I've seen the SE.

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Mar 5, 11 7:55 AM
Just finished playing this game. certainly not worth the CE price. Very confusing, not sure what i was supposed to be doing. Very disappointed.. i should get my money back...as this was really a very regular game.

Go to: