Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion

[Post New]by mommaheidi on Mar 8, 11 12:07 PM
What a drag. This game has graphics that are grainy at best. the **** scenes are muddled but not the worst ive seen. A story line is about non existant. There is alot of back and forth and trying to find the hot areas is a task....such as little bitty drawers. It COULD have been a great game if a little more thought and effort was put into it. Its a shame cause there has been very little by way of good games offered here for a while now....and i compare shop with other sights and even free web games have many of the same types that have been spewing out of BF and they are FREE. I hope there is a big turn around soon cause i hate to drop membership.

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion

[Post New]by Pixielate on Mar 8, 11 12:15 PM
Yeesh! Yesterday tiny & very hard to find, and this game is just bbllluurrryy. Guess I'll play an older game. Yowch, my eyes!

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Mar 8, 11 12:24 PM
Not gonna happen. I, too really was hoping for a good se, have credits will expire..but quite honestly, this is no way to use them.
the cursor is set, cannot change it, and it sucks.
the graphics are hazy and vague.
the directions are inane and senseless.
pop up windows? really? i have programs on my computer to prevent that nonsense, why would i introduce it into a 'game'?
options are annoying and useless.
premise is overdone and boring.

who is in charge of quality control?

back to Madame Fate. i can always count on her.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Mar 8, 11 12:32 PM
Once again the description of the game intrigued me enough to download it.
Once again I read several pages of reviews before I began playing it.
Once again, I thought, "Oh, it can't be that bad."
Once again, it was.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Mar 8, 11 12:34 PM
lvfao wrote:
back to Madame Fate. i can always count on her.

You know what I did? My memory of the quality of past games I've purchased is vague at best, so I re-visited my old posts and read my reviews of the games so I would know what to re-download and play.
Right now it's Exorsist.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 8, 11 12:47 PM
I lasted 10 minutes...and then I hit the door.
This is the first time I have to say I found that bloody cursor seriously annoying.
Didn't care for the music and sounds either. Found the HOG scene rather irritating, half you could only assume what it might be.... And then penalties out the door....10 minutes for a hint, 20 for a skipped minigame......and I HATE shooting games.
And the graphics were pretty hazy, too.

So all in all so not my cup of tea. Next.

dfringer
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by dfringer on Mar 8, 11 12:48 PM
pungstress,
I liked the Exorcist game too. I've been replaying my old games, because new releases that are worth playing have been few and far between.

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Mar 8, 11 1:01 PM
I tried...20 minutes in I exited and uninstalled..The weird cursor,that obnoxious clicking (during the hidden object scene) and those horrible "puzzles" made me think..."what were these developers thinking."..The Secret of the Haunted Mansion was this...It stinks in there!..mo

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Mar 8, 11 1:01 PM
Not a bad game just an old game. Hard to see items in the Hidden Object scenes. Moves very slowly throughout the game. Just not the caliber of the other Hidden Object games. I will probably play because I have absolutely nothing to play at this point. Guess just have to await the next CE game.

debdeb11
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by debdeb11 on Mar 8, 11 1:17 PM
Would have tried longer than 5 minutes, but graphics are so blurry on my machine that I couldn't even read the writing in the journal. Everything else was very blurry. Managed to find first letter, weirdly enough that was clear to read. Otherwise no go due to the blur, so deleted after that 5 minutes.

I have a one yr old laptop with far greater specs than any of these games require. Why it doesn't properly work on my machine, who knows. But it's not worth the trouble to contact tech support about, it does not appear worth the effort.

Apparently I am not the only user experiencing the blurry graphics problem. Would have thought the devs would have discovered that's an issue for many based on any beta test. As I said above, trying to fix tech problems on a game demo isn't something I can be bothered with on an average game, but for something that seems to be such a stinker, a very big no-go for me. Sorry devs, better luck next time, maybe do some more beta runs first before releasing.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Mar 8, 11 1:36 PM
Wow after reading ALL the awful reviews I was so intrigued I just had to try it. What in the world were the dev's thinking with that HORRIBLE cursor? Lasted 2 minutes and was in the dumpster!. I was also amazed that todays DD only had 1 review (fairly favorable at that) and this one has 6 pages of them!! LOL I am mad because the SE's that have come out for some reason are not working on my computer (and yes, it's not my first rodeo I did my upgrade/checkup). The CE's work just fine (at least the Demo's do) but when the SE finally comes out (ie Shadow Wolf) It goes to black screen only 25 minutes into the game! There was another that happened with last month to me. I await patiently for the SE because I cannot afford the CE's and what happens? THEY ARE FULL OF GLITCHES! I have like 6 credits and cant find anything worth buying!! I have bought a couple of DD's but then am spending MORE money because I wont use a credit cuz they cost me $6.99 so....... AM VERY FRUSTRATED today!

Happy Gaming to all of you Fishies, Thanks for all the comments and reviews!

Lean

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Mar 8, 11 1:37 PM
I only have two words for this game "EL STINKO!!!"

annaroma
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by annaroma on Mar 8, 11 2:57 PM
doctorgood wrote:Where in the world are you finding these games? Flea market? Dollar store? Along the side of the road? or????
I know they all can't be five star but man! You been throwing some serious junk our way quite frequently! But hey, at least we're being provided an automatic Direct-X check!
Dr.good
p.s. Oh yeah, I forgot. This is the C&R thread. The game is horrible! (comment only)

[Post New]by blackjack4360 on Mar 8, 11 2:57 PM
barbee44 wrote:
Coronagold wrote:Good grief, I'm not even gonna bother downloading after these reviews. But hey, don't start blaming BFG for any lame games. These are mostly the only HOGs out there on planet Earth being made. Look at other HOG game sites and see what they still list as "new". It's a joke. A sad joke.

Sorry but I do blame them. They are charging us a credit every month that we can't possibly use. This is why I quit the club. If things change, I'll join back, but I refuse to buy a credit every month that I cannot use.

Comments on the game.... another 6.99 loser.

i agree with ;you i am thinking about canceling my membership too cannot buy anything with credits i would think we could at least use 2 credits for ce

Juicey08
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Juicey08 on Mar 8, 11 3:21 PM
yasure wrote:Oh gosh, that was bad. Doctorgood was right!
I only lasted 9 minutes and couldn't take it anymore. I have Credits I am just itching to use and there hasn't been a good game out for so long

TOTALLY AGREED!!! I have a free coupon that I just can't seem to use. The games are all archaic. Can't BF find any good games???

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Mar 8, 11 3:29 PM
I agree with what blackjack said: >>>i agree with ;you i am thinking about canceling my membership too cannot buy anything with credits i would think we could at least use 2 credits for ce<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------

I quit the site I belonged to for 3 years because of the great games being offered here on a regular basis. However, except for CE's, nothing has been worth purchasing of late. What advantage is a CE? It gets you 3 punches on a card that you probably won't use because of the poor choices of late.

I'm not poor -- but I'm not wealthy either. I live on SSD and a small pension. My games are my only activity that I'm able to participate in. I'm physically unable to go to the mall, go to the park, go to lunch with the girls etc. So my "entertainment budget" goes for games only! When I joined a year ago I was finding multiple games per week and now I'm lucky to find 1 game every 2-3 weeks worth buying (other than a CE). I'm just saying.....the games being offered are not worth buying/playing.

GKj

Edited on 03/08/2011 at 3:53:38 PM PST

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Mar 8, 11 3:36 PM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:Oh my! This game is so fuzzy and hard to see. Or is it just me? and I need to get a brain scan immediatelly? lol It's so grainy and blurry, I couldn't see anything. You can't adjust anything,sound,music,cursor. Where do I begin or maybe I'll leave it up to the people who are really detailed at describing a game. I am speechless. This game is not for me. So, I'll give it my rating system and leave the rest to others. I have never seen a game that I didn't like, as much as this one. I'm sorry, but I have to be honest.

I'd rate this: PIG DOWN

PIG DOWN:
Rolling in the mudd, don't go near it or you'll get soiled.

‘ ‘Thank goodness it's not just me,to me it was like looking at a 3-D film without the 3-D glasses !! lol Hated everything about the game too, don't think we are missing much.
(o)

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 8, 11 3:48 PM
For what it's worth...OMG! I played the demo and stayed as long as I could. Everyone else has already said it all. I have 3 credits waiting to be used. I think this is the worst month we have had since I joined the pond and it's only the 8th!

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Mar 8, 11 3:49 PM
I too was really gun **** thinking this was a great game..boy was I disappointed..this game is the pits..no buy for me..

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Mar 8, 11 3:51 PM
Lame !!!!! Game !!!!!!!!!

Go to: