Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story

[Post New]by ladycath on Mar 30, 11 4:23 PM
The plot line was very good, the graphics were great with a nice blend of dark and light and it was just spooky enough without being over the top. That being said, the play was too easy. The HOG's were simplistic and easy to solve...too easy. The puzzles could barely be called that, there was very little challenge to them. Only one had any real challenge to it...the one with the head you had to work down the screen. As usual I can't report on the music or sound effects because I am a silent player, I hate background noise while playing.

I expected more than two playings from a game like this. I played it for a total of about 5 hours in two days to complete it and I am not that great a player, logic and are are not best friends

I did like the fact it was easy to figure out where to go next and the back and forth play between scenes made sense unlike some games...ummm...Redemption Cemetary for example.

If you like a good, hard, long playing challenge, this is not the game for you. But if you want one that is mainly for fun and pure enjoyment try this one.

Edited on 03/30/2011 at 4:25:49 PM PST

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Mar 30, 11 8:43 PM
I am a little late to this party...oops...

I thought this was ok. I think I am just tired of the same dark theme. And I LOVE DARK STUFF.

Anyways the graphics were nice and detailed. I wish the H.O.G. areas were more of a challenge.

I don't think I will personally but this one but I believe for those who do, there is a value.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Apr 3, 11 7:24 AM
Fantastic game!!!! I loved so much I played it a second time. The way it ended there could be a sequel. I hope so..

[Post New]by Madame_Fate on Apr 6, 11 10:50 AM
After playing this and PuppetShow: Lost Town, I think BFG has been replaced as my favorite game designer, and BFG has been #1 since Huntsville. Stray Souls and Lost Town allowed me to explore pretty much on my own, and I actually had to figure out a few things by myself. These two games are reminiscent of Return to Ravenhearst with a nice balance between H O scenes and puzzles/exploring (although the Ravenhearst story is the best).Sadly, I still still have 13th Skull CE sitting as "ready to install" on my new computer; I played it once on my old one, and I doubt I will ever install it anywhere again. I do want to thank BFG, however, for offering some great games. Keep 'em coming!

Edited on 04/06/2011 at 10:51:21 AM PST

merivilan
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by merivilan on Apr 6, 11 2:35 PM
Just finished and loved the wow factor, it was great fun.

twistedwings
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by twistedwings on Apr 7, 11 8:45 PM
I am greatly debating using a credit to get this. A few reasons for that I finished the trial in 30 minutes AND clowns freak me out!!!

Yes I watied a bit before giving this game a go simply becuase of the clown factor..i know silly really but I admit when it was the background of the home bage I would try to get from it a quick as possible hehe.

I am enjoying reading others responses the this and will PROBABLY purchase it...jsut have to get over the clown factor.

Edited on 04/07/2011 at 8:46:26 PM PST

[Post New]by GeorgeXXIII on Apr 8, 11 3:28 PM
I've just finished playing this game and I absolutely loved it! I played for hours at one sitting, I just couldn't stop. The graphics are amazing, and the gameplay was perfect. Even the storyline was about as good as these things usually get.
It was easily the best HOG or IHOG i've ever played and i've played quite a lot.
Bravo.

minkmoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by minkmoo on Apr 9, 11 9:21 AM
This was a must buy for me after playing the demo. It was just too intriging for me to back away. I have just completed the game, found over half the morph things and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Well worth my game credit.

EYANNA
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by EYANNA on Apr 22, 11 12:32 AM
Goop_10 wrote:I've bought the CE version of this game a month ago, really enjoyed it

Great graphics, the HOG scenes are not too difficult, love the puzzles and the storyline is very exciting...

Not the best HOG of this year so far but the second best

4/5 Stars from me

blujeens
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by blujeens on Apr 23, 11 8:20 PM
Had to post this - yes, this was a really good game for me.

1. The graphics were sharp and clear,

2. the darkness was just enough to pull you closer to the game,

3. the game wasn't too short,

4. the morphing objects - or "beyond objects" as they called them - were an extra bonus for me,

5. the music wasn't overbearing but wasn't unforgettable either,

6. the mini-puzzles may have been too simple for some, but frankly, it was nice to get thru an entire game without cheating,

7. and the game play itself delivered by giving you a beginning, middle and a real honest to goodness ending to the story, (I could even imagine a sequel to this one!)

I love HOGs and Adventure games, and I've played quite a few of both, and I have to say that I truly enjoyed this one! It's even worth paying full price for!

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Apr 27, 11 1:01 PM
Overall Impression: Fantastic! It might be a tad bit on the short side since there isn't an overabundance of backtracking, but it's definitely worth playing if you enjoy games that are on the dark and eerie side.

Media Description: The graphics are well done, hand-drawn scenes. The music was reminiscent of shows like The Twilight Zone or Outer Limits. Both did an excellent job of setting a creepy, spooky atmosphere. Well-done voiceovers would have made the experience absolutely amazing. Too bad there weren't any.

Storyline: The story was told through skippable cut scenes. Most of its weak spots occurred at the very beginning; once you got to the town, it became more cohesive and held together pretty well. The ending was a bit abrupt and somewhat unexpected for the genre, but it made for a nice change.

Gameplay: This is your typical iHOG/Adventure blend with your standard setup - find something in one area and use it in another. There are two modes - casual and expert. The hints refill in a shorter amount of time and interactive areas sparkle in the casual mode.

HOG Scenes: The HOG scenes are your typical cluttered junkpile scenes, but most of the items are pretty clear and easy to identify (except for the rats; they were kind of fuzzy). Misclicking too many times in a row results in a red haze covering most of the screen for a second or two.

Minigames/puzzles: The minigames/puzzles are integrated into the story pretty well and can be skipped after a minute or so.

Hints: The hints are unlimited, but they do take a minute or two to refill (depending on which mode you're playing in)

Will Probably Appeal to: people who enjoy dark-and-eerie games and don't like a ton of back-and-forth in their iHOG/Adventures

Will Probably Not Appeal to: people who have an aversion to clowns and/or occultic themes in their games

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 1:02:05 PM PST

[Post New]by plittlemama on Apr 28, 11 12:39 AM
hey you fishes. just got through playing this game. i have to say I give it the thumbs up. this is the first game I've played in a minute, where i didn't have to go to the walk through. thank you. I like everything about it except it ended to soon. the puzzles were chaelging, but workable, didn't have to skip any, and even if i did, there was always a skip button. what i really appreciated was that once you finished a scene and even if you didn't, you could press the hint button and it would show you where to go or what to do next. After having to deal Azeda, and others, where if you miss something or where finished with that scene, you where left on your on not knowing where to go what to do, then of couse that meant leaveing the game to go to the walk through. so annoying. And who thinks of these mini games. don't they realize that everybody is not a math science or a genius. the puzzles or needed and are meant to be a breif getaway from the game to rest your mind i think. but they have become so complicated I began to hate going to them, that is until Stray Souls, DollHouse Story. It was so refreshing, i'm still bubbling about it. So for any one who's want to play a straight through game, this is it.

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on May 1, 11 11:39 AM
Just bought and finished, knew it was short but couldn't resist loved everything about it (apart from the length !!)SPOILER ALERT !! Nearly cried at the end when the little doll sacrificed himself and the button melting like a little tear !!

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on May 4, 11 7:23 PM
^^I'm there with you on the sadness for the little guy! Hope there is a sequel and things change.

Loved this game! Couldn't stop playing so did the whole thing until about 1 a.m. However, someone (I'm sure many) mentioned the creepy factor. I hate clowns.....Stephen King and Pennywise anyone? This was one of the scariest games for me just because of that!

I didn't get the CE, so didn't have a walkthrough, but didn't need one. Don't like games that are too easy, but this one seemed just about right for me. Liked the mini games and the HOG's. No technical problems at all. Would love to see other games by these people---suggestions?

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on May 9, 11 5:11 PM
Great game! Very good graphics, interesting story, challenging play. Also, a perfect length.

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 5:12:15 PM PST

[Post New]by hughieboy on May 24, 11 2:30 PM
hello sorry to bother u but the graphics from getting the moon out the tree,all i had was a whie screen.i managed to get past it but i am stuck .what time do u need for the clowns clock ? i would be greatful for ur help

viv76
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by viv76 on May 25, 11 11:47 AM
I did enjoy this game but it was disappointingly short and the hidden object scenes were way to easy, I didn't even need to use the hints, I played the trial and bought it, then only had 2 hours gameplay after purchase : (.
Yes I played it in casual mode cos I normally struggle with hog's but I wish now I hadn't bought it, for me a good hog should be at least 5 hours gameplay, back to tm for me
: )

77Emma77
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by 77Emma77 on May 29, 11 3:56 PM
I do not write this often, but I enjoyed this game a lot. Not too easy, not too complicated, I did not have to search advice and it was a kind of intuitive. But I did not collect all the beyond items, I missed about 4 of them. I liked the sounds and graphics from the beginning to the end.

For the member that has found this game as one of the scariest (I agree to some extend), try the Shiver - Vanishing Hitchhiker. That was really a good one!

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Sep 28, 11 4:57 PM
Enjoyed it. Good game. I dont regret buying it. I would recommend it.

Edited on 09/28/2011 at 4:57:31 PM PST

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Nov 5, 11 7:38 PM
It's fun but it's short. It only took me a few hours to finish.

Go to: