Re:Welcome to Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun forum

[Post New]by zeldaluvr2007 on Jul 26, 09 4:38 PM
Okay, so I bought the Agatha Christie Triple Murder Pack for the PC recently, played the first two and am currently playing Evil Under the Sun. The game plays fine, with one exception: the cutscenes (i.e. the opening intro as in Murder on the Orient Express where it shows the train) do not work. It is as though it skips right past them, and I can't think of a way to fix this problem. I've tried uninstalling then installing again, and even installed it on a different laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really like this game and want to finish it, but can't because I don't know what happens in those cutscenes. Thanks!

[Post New]by BONCUK93 on Jul 27, 09 11:38 AM
Hi All ;

I am a new user in this site and Im a new player in this game

Sorry about stupid questions :

I am stucked in this scene :

Hotel office: Go behind the reception desk and enter through the door to the Hotel Office.

Talk to Mrs. Castle again. Learn about the missing wire recorder. It disappeared on evening of August 19th. That was the day Arlena Stuart arrived.

Click on items on the desk that needs to be inspected when Mrs. Castle is not around. Exit the office.

I did everything but Mrs. Castle isnt going anywhere shes standing next the window im standing next the door and anything is not happening.

Is anyone can help me plsss ..

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Jul 28, 09 3:09 PM
Well LOL somewhere here in this forum, I wrote down the act 1 walk through and saw act 2 and now can't remember where. Figures I must have been feeble minded this morning for not writing it down then when I did re-discover it. Can anyone send me a private message about where to look please and thank you. I finished act 1 tonite after doing everything backwards. I do so enjoy these types of games, I'm going to go after the other two in the next two months unless I break down before that. Thanks again, Karen

Welcome to Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun forum

[Post New]by grammie_11 on Nov 17, 09 6:49 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.
[b] Yes, I am at the point to clean the bird. I have the book, but I don't know how to get the information I need to use the brush and mineral oil so I can give it to Linda. What do I do to get the information out of the book? Thanks Grammie_11

[Post New]by MaLarkin on Nov 27, 09 11:39 AM
There are no fresh towels in the room. I complete Act 1 - I get the clue Lamp. There is a cutscene and I am back in Poirot's room with maid. Maid says she has left fresh towels. When I go in bathroom they are not there - can anyone help please - I am playing this on the Wii.

queenjanis
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by queenjanis on Dec 8, 09 11:54 AM
I liked the game okay I did find it was alot of walking around to the same places all the time, the clues are hard to find.

queenjanis
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by queenjanis on Dec 8, 09 11:56 AM
You just have to leave and keep coming back to get it to work

queenjanis
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by queenjanis on Dec 8, 09 11:57 AM
It is alot of fun though

queenjanis
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by queenjanis on Dec 8, 09 11:58 AM
Just keep looking

Can't Proceed!!!!

[Post New]by bbkf_1 on Dec 17, 09 9:18 PM
PLZ HELP!!! All I have managed to do is find all the items! I don't know where to go from here I can't even find the portrait to click on it and I can't find the items I've collected. How do I proceed!?

[Post New]by PinkGreen on Jan 8, 10 12:34 PM
Please please help me.. I am stuck in Act 5. I did everything that I suppose to do three times (check the walkthrough thousand of times)..

I noticed that when I went to the Gardener's room and take the letter in the bin, I automatically got the full letter of regrets. I can't assemble or dissemble the letter. What is wrong? that is so weird. When I took it I heard Hastings said "this document needs further study" and I can't do anything. When I asked Poirot he wont say a word to me even when I click the finger of points.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance
PinkGreen

[Post New]by wizardwitch on Jan 18, 10 5:15 AM

Evil Under the Sun
I purchased this game as I love the Agatha Christie games but I cannot get my characters to do what they are supposed to do; I am getting quite frustrated with the game as I cannot get past the 1st scene. I purchased the official walkthrough but it does not work (downloaded it twice and it keeps reading error) My question is is there an walkthrough that I can follow from a free site I have looked but they give you a few ideas then want money to pay for "another" walkthrough can anyone help me please.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I have also purchased:
"Murder on the Orient Express"
"Then There Were None"
but I have not be able to work through those either.

This is my 1st effort in "large file" gaming and I am having problems with the format as it differs from the other games.

I especially enjoyed Agatha Christie's games in normal format fun.
"Death on the Nile"
"Peril at End House"

Bored to Tears
"Dead Man's Folly"
as the game does not move the articles into different places so you play each sequence with the objects in the same place.

Edited on 01/18/2010 at 5:19:17 AM PST

[Post New]by Flossie1964 on Jan 23, 10 8:39 PM
Click on the brief case to get the tent stakes and the stones. I can't find the cord. for the guillemot blind. This is extremely frustrating.

flossie1964

peperica
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by peperica on Jan 24, 10 6:49 PM
This game is very frustrating. I'm not enjoying it and I want my money back.

[Post New]by emandalsmom on Aug 7, 10 7:13 AM
my game kept crashing in act 4 when i was trying to put the sandwih in the post office. i read a post suggesting using the F2 and F3 buttons to help with this and it did eventually work. But now im crashing in act 5 when gladys tells me who opened the jar. as soon as she and poirot are done talking the game crashes. ugh. i tried F2 and F3. I need help. i dont want to uninstall and lose my progress. if anyone else has come across this please let me know. thanks in advance.

[Post New]by melvaughn on Aug 29, 10 8:00 PM
I'm stuck on act 5. Where is the JN letter? According to the walkthrough, it's in Alana's room on the table. I've already grabbed everything from Alana's room (I've checked 20 times and there's nothing left to take from her room) yet the JN letter doesn't appear in my documents. It's all I need to move on from act 5. I hope it's not a glitch in the game.

[Post New]by vrdarusty on Dec 19, 10 4:37 AM
hello everyone I have problem with letter in gardners room it wont be mend, can anyone send me file of saved game with mend letter, thank you everyone

[Post New]by cloud1975 on Jan 3, 11 8:33 AM
brndnsgrl35903 wrote:My game is working fine...I just cant seem to find the tent stakes....anyone know where they are?

im stuck on this one too have you found them yet

[Post New]by chriswiss on Jan 12, 11 4:12 PM
cant get out of act 5, i have tested everything, spocken to everyone, done all the stop watches. done the jar thing with gladys what am i doing wrong HELP. LOOKED ON WALKTHROUGHS and i cant find anything i havnt done.

[Post New]by chriswiss on Jan 12, 11 4:13 PM
vrdarusty wrote:hello everyone I have problem with letter in gardners room it wont be mend, can anyone send me file of saved game with mend letter, thank you everyone

Go to: