fiorel4
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Agency: Secrets of the Orient

[Post New]by fiorel4 on Mar 25, 11 7:42 PM
Another for me and that takes it to 3 today. Font size is too small, ****'s are too small and it won't go full screen. The dialogue is boring and as pointed out by CasualGran it is somewhat derogatory toward women. I deleted this game after 5 minutes.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 25, 11 9:36 PM
blah-blah-blah...

oh, what a junk pile of a junk pile is this?

the cookie cutter people with their emotionless speech and horrid backdrops...

needless to say, i'm not liking this one... if i had never been exposed to pong - you might have gotten my attention... in other words, i'm sure that someone out there is very happy with this... me - not so much

here's hoping the agency remains a mystery

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 27, 11 12:07 AM
Boring. Lasted through the first couple H0 scenes and then exit/delete. Music was ok, fit the game, but seemed to be a repetitive loop so nothing adding to game play. No voice acting. The chatter between the two characters was ok but blah... nothing that made me want to get to know them or read more.

Straight hog with some mini-games or puzzles it looks like although I couldn't force myself to play long enough to get to them. Guess I missed all the fuss but don't really know what there was in this game to rile anyone up. Pretty standard straight hog... nothing really sensational about it that I saw. Graphics were clear, not too hard to find. But very junkpile and most likely stock tube style graphics other than the two characters. Didn't hold my interest. If you like straight hogs with maybe some puzzles thrown in you may like it.

It was a no buy and maybe two out of five because it wasn't really bad, it just wasn't good.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 27, 11 12:16 AM
CasualGran wrote:
First of all he is white-coloured and she is coloured. He is her boss and he has 'saved' her from the slums. Only this is enough to make me
Second his traditional woman-unfriendly attitude, immediately showing in his first remark about her being late as 'typical'. OMG, hold me back or else I strike him down, the pompous pr*ck.

That's funny... I didn't even notice their race at all. Guess I just don't notice that stuff much. I didn't get far enough in the game (too boring) to know if he's a jerk boss or not but I did laugh at his "late as usual" comment considering the first thing we had to do in the game was clean up her filthy room where she herself makes the comment that she's always late. I found it funny since I am SO not a clock watcher type person so tend to always be late but I was irritated with her junkpile mess we had to search through. LOL!!!

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Mar 27, 11 12:01 PM
Thought I'd stop by and say I enjoyed the demo enough to buy the game...

Maybe all the hype had something to do with it but I doubt it, I found most of the C&R tedious.

I though it was a well programmed and graphically pleasing game. Not a 13th Skull but enjoyable enough to warrant the price. The Hidden Object scenes were graduated, some objects obvious some well hidden. Is it only me? It seems there is usually one object that is hidden well enough to make you re-scrutinize the entire scene from scratch.

I don't know about the Help function because I try to avoid help systems altogether. The few games I have actually tried to utilize the Help function ended up not being very helpful at all.

Anyway I don't buy a HOG genera game to be led by the hand to the hidden object with sparkles. Sparkles that cannot be disabled, are an absolute 'No Buy' criteria for me. That's one of the reasons I read the C&R forum, looking for word of 'sparkles.' I really don't want to go off on a tangent about HOG genera games and sparkles here.

Suffice it to say I liked it and it was a buy for me...

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 12:03:19 PM PST

Joymul
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Joymul on Mar 28, 11 9:40 PM
I did not have trouble with rotating the pieces, but do think that an explanation of what to do with the games would be helpful.
I agree that the boss is awful and find the dialogue a bit trite, but the game itself is okay as a straight HOG and (if STD means Spot the Difference) I don't mind them. Makes your brain work.
So I am still debating whether to buy, and still have some time on the demo - will make my mind up when time runs out.

Joyce

duchesse67
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by duchesse67 on Mar 31, 11 5:37 AM
sinshack wrote:(Continued)

Overall, I am really enjoying it. It’s not an interactive HOG, so don’t expect that, but it is a good solid HOG with an interesting story, so give it a try and see for yourself.

I thank you for the review and I did buy it , played it, and enjoyed it very much.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 4:29 AM
Graphics – 2 stars
Story – 2 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2 stars
Overall – 2.25 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Go to: