jusme10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince

[Post New]by jusme10 on May 6, 11 4:17 PM
great game, graphics, really enjoyed it...

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Jul 6, 11 12:41 AM
This was a really great FROG with beautiful artwork. I loved all of the gorgeous items that you could assemble, and even though the start of each is scene is pretty easy in that you can start clicking on stuff that looks out of place, usually towards the end you really have to hunt for the last few remaining pieces.

The puzzles were generally pretty good, although not too difficult. The underground setting felt really fresh, and the morphing cursed objects were fun to find. The objectives/map page was good as it clearly tells you what you need to do next, however at the end of the game I ended up with a couple of items in my inventory that I knew I could use somewhere, but had forgotten the exact location and checked the walkthrough (although I suppose I could have just wandered around a bit).

I thought this was more fun than Curse of Briar Rose and I'll be playing through it again at some point in hard mode.

[Post New]by dlmartin53 on Jul 24, 11 5:38 PM
I got in a ways and got stuck...I could'nt find the crown for the frog on the door in the caves.Left several times and looked at walkthru but there was no crown on wall where it showed it...frustrated....Help?!!!

mareMeva
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by mareMeva on Sep 6, 11 3:33 AM
I'm not too fond of "Dark" games, but I must say I could withstand this one. It did not seem to be sooo "dark" after all (I hope I'm not wrong about it!). I played the demo and quite liked it (now waiting to have a credit to probably purchase it).

I agree on the comments about the overall quality. It's great and that's more I can say from a few very recent others , that's why I still value it more.

Enjoy!

mM

[Post New]by DashGamesAddict on Oct 2, 11 6:20 AM
I'm new to this series of games and played the first Dark Parables: The Curse of the Briar Rose and loved every minute of it. I was then excited to learn I had a sequel to play. It was even better. The graphics were gorgourse, music was great, storyline was great...everything was just...well great. Can't wait for the next game. Is there going to be a next game?

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Nov 27, 11 10:33 PM
While I enjoyed this game, I think I enjoyed Curse of Briar Rose more. in this game it sometimes felt something was lacking.

The graphics & music were very pleasant. Like the first, the hidden object scenes are of the fragmented variety, although the pieces you were looking for didn't always seem to match the pictures. My main complaint, was the back tracking is a lot worse in this sequel than it was in the first.

Duetgirl
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Duetgirl on Dec 1, 11 6:49 PM
I think this game just took over being my FAVORITE Hog game! (next to Columbus, the Mystery of the Ghost Stone). I bought the other Dark Parables game, sight unseen! Graphics are beautiful, music soothing, and very interesting. I haven't played 'fragmented pieces' in a while-- & I have to agree, very refreshing. Story line is great, and I love how you have to go back & forth to figure things out. This is a game you have to think about-- but it's very do-able!! Very few puzzles, but they are fun, too. This was an absolutely sensational game-- worth every penny! Plus they even have morphing objects! I have to play it again to see if I can get all 20 (not just 16!!)!

[Post New]by ritasmiff on Dec 23, 11 2:10 PM
I just had to stop playing for a second to post this note- I love love love the grapics beautiful ladies crowns jewelery and so on I feel like a 67year old 12 at heart princess It really is fairyland- oh and the game aint bad either! Back to it........

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Dec 28, 11 11:01 PM
played the Briar Rose one and enjoyed that so bought this right away without trying and was not disappointed at all

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 5, 12 11:50 AM
Another fantastic game from the same series, this one have a nice twist it give you a dark site to the classic bedtime stories, brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game will keep you busy, entertained and hook to for housrs.

Another BF winner.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Jan 14, 12 3:05 PM
wonderful game great graphics lots to do. well done big fish

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Mar 30, 12 10:02 PM
Just finished.....took me a long time and not even the CE! Gorgeous artwork, beautiful music. Just dark enough not to bore me. LOVED it!!!

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on May 21, 12 6:34 AM
Could not even figure out what was wanted in the first mini-game. Bad sign. Stopped playing then and uninstalled. Mini-games should start out fairly easy and then get harder as you go. If they start out hard (with almost no instruction as to what is supposed to be done), how can I help but wonder if they will get even harder from there?

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on May 21, 12 1:14 PM
I bought this game very soon after it came out, in the Collectors Edition, which to me is definitely worth it. It is still one of my very favorite games. It has it all - beautiful graphics, clever and attractive HO scenes (of course I have to say I don't mind the "junkpile" ones), clever but not impossible minigames, and the story. Of the 3 Dark Parables which are now out I feel it is the most touching, even competing with the Snow Queen which is very touching too. For me the story is very important - not that I necessarily get tired of similar stories if they are well done. Probably why my most favorite games are derived from books and literature.

Of course not everyone likes the same aspects of games. By all means try it out. Based on what I am seeing in all the other comments, you will probably love it, but if you don't, you will hate it, and likely very quickly too.

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on May 23, 12 8:28 PM
Just finished playing this game and I loved it! It was quite challenging and it had so many quirky things like the morphing objects. I only found 15 of the 20 objects so I may just have to play it again to find the 5 that I missed.

[Post New]by Sojourn84 on Jun 1, 12 6:33 AM
Anyone else having problems with some of the object not "sticking" where they are obviously supposed to fit? I try over and over to place the object and it keeps getting rejected only the hint button has told me it goes there!

VERY frustrating. the graphics are beautiful but this one glitch is ruining the game for me.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 14, 12 6:31 AM
this game is a buy for us.----------doug & lisa

pinkwitch12
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by pinkwitch12 on Aug 24, 12 6:27 PM
I loved the game. Especially liked the jewelry: crowns and all. Very sumptuous. wondered who did the artwork on those. I suppose in hard mode the two rooms come to light. Fun game, liking the series. This is my 2nd one. Could not figure out the poor reviews some gave on this one. It is faster, but so what. going to try hard mode, which I don't usually do Thanks Blue Tea Games.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Sep 13, 12 7:02 PM
This game was cool. I liked it.

[Post New]by us10221999 on Sep 22, 12 10:51 PM
Spoiler alert:

Enjoyed the game but was left wondering why two different areas were not completed before the game ended. The wall behind the tomb of Ivy was left frozen and no apparent way to unfreeze it. As well in the princess portrait room - the picture of Snow White is left frozen with no explaination that I could find. I played through the second time on the hard level to see if that worked - but still didnt see a way to complete those two rooms and didnt find any explaination on the comments and reviews. I am guessing that maybe it has to do with the other Dark Parable - Snow Queen one maybe? Not sure.

Go to: